1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. dibango

dibango Senior Member

Hey Drew,

This is something I caught:

You stated to only measure the front of the jacket while measure both front and back of your shoulder.

For the ratio, what would go up in the numerator for the jacket's measurement since you only asked for the front? Shouldn't there be a measurement of the jacket's back as well so a person can calculate the ratio for the back shoulder?

Not drew, but you're right. I think he forgot it because the back shoulder is computed from the front shoulder. Just measure the back shoulder as well.

2. threeLegDog

threeLegDog Well-Known Member

newbie, voting for harrington...

( saving my ma-1 $ to go to buzz rickson [​IMG] )

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

Umhaha84 [​IMG] you need jackets to measure for entering the raffle. [​IMG] SEND ME MORE DATA AND THEE (could possibly) RECEIVES COMPLIMENTARY JAWN [​IMG] Not too many numbers floating around out there so the chances are high for now. [​IMG]

4. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

Umhaha84 [​IMG] you need jackets to measure for entering the raffle. [​IMG]

SEND ME MORE DATA AND THEE (could possibly) RECEIVES COMPLIMENTARY JAWN [​IMG] Not too many numbers floating around out there so the chances are high for now. [​IMG]

Going to Dim Sum tomorrow in Chinatown. Will rub on Buddha's belly for extra luck. [​IMG]

5. impolyt_one

Hey Drew,

This is something I caught:

You stated to only measure the front of the jacket while measure both front and back of your shoulder.

For the ratio, what would go up in the numerator for the jacket's measurement since you only asked for the front? Shouldn't there be a measurement of the jacket's back as well so a person can calculate the ratio for the back shoulder?

I average the two, because the jacket usually measures the same front/back. I was gonna fiddle with the numbers later on my own. [​IMG]

6. stick

stick Senior Member

Sent in numbers already, but I'm curious as to whether or not you're going to qualify the fits that the numbers you get correspond to. Different people have different fits on jackets, some people have slimmer fits, some people have extremely relaxed fits. If you classify the jackets into skinny/slim/relaxed, for example, and then group the measurements into those classifications, you'll have more useful sets of numbers.

7. about11oclock

about11oclock Distinguished Member

Drew,
    How long do we have to do this? I plan on measuring my bomber but probably can't get to it until the weekend.
    Cheers!

8. impolyt_one

Sent in numbers already, but I'm curious as to whether or not you're going to qualify the fits that the numbers you get correspond to. Different people have different fits on jackets, some people have slimmer fits, some people have extremely relaxed fits. If you classify the jackets into skinny/slim/relaxed, for example, and then group the measurements into those classifications, you'll have more useful sets of numbers.

I kind of remember the jackets and have a general sense of how they fit on people, from fit pics, and from the numbers themselves. I can tell if you are doing it right, just by the numbers [​IMG]

9. impolyt_one

Drew,
    How long do we have to do this? I plan on measuring my bomber but probably can't get to it until the weekend.
    Cheers!

I'm gonna do it for a week at first, if not two, to see how much data I can collect.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

11. stick

stick Senior Member

^^^ But I've never posted any fit pics. [​IMG]

12. impolyt_one

^^^ But I've never posted any fit pics. [​IMG]

now would be a good time [​IMG]

13. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior Member

I'm gonna do it for a week at first, if not two, to see how much data I can collect.

i'll promptly send my info after i receive

bombers going out this week?

14. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior Member

Might as well bring back the raglan varsities along with the anniversary drop[​IMG] Just up the price to make it worth your while. Come on Drew, time to celebrate! How long were they available for anyways?

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Distinguished Member

here is to hoping i get my A-1 in that time. [​IMG]