TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Ok, I need to get records of your sizing data for my database, and so I will offer everyone a ticket number for every set of numbers I get from you. The only eligible numbers are going to be off MTM jackets we sold you directly, so unfortunately, sample sale items as well as secondhand TOJ's will not count here.
    I'm only looking measurements off TOJ leather/suede jackets, and I want you to specify in your email which model you're measuring, and a description of your jacket (i.e. brown lamb Bomber, grey suede band DR v1, etc)
    Email your set of of numbers to the email: [email protected] in a new email with a header of 'Raffle' and I will reply back with your appropriate raffle number(s) - and then in a week or two we will have the draw. I will videotape the number draw and post it online.

So here are the instructions:

Take your TOJ leather jacket, and measure the following:
    shoulder to shoulder, front - measure from the perpendicular 'T' seam point to the other side. Hold the jacket flat and stretch it out as much as it goes.
    p2p - measure from pit seam to pit seam, again, hold jacket flat and stretch it out as far as it goes
    mid - halfway down the jacket, across, again, hold jacket out
    waist - from the bottom edge to the other bottom edge corner, across, hold jacket wide. Include the rolled off edges, like .1 or .2"

Sleeve length, from sleeve shoulder head seam to the edge of the cuff where a watch face would be, in the middle of the cuff that is.
    Sleeve width, bicep across -hold the sleeve out, put tape at the pit, perpendicular to the sleeve itself, measure across (should be between 6-8" for most)
    Sleeve width, elbow across - same, but at the middle where your elbow is

Then, take these measurements off your body, with the measuring tape on your body:
    Shoulders - true shoulder to true shoulder, front AND back, stand straight
    chest - go around, at the widest part, slightly above the nipples, and then divide by two
    mid- above the navel at the smallest part of your torso, around, divide by two
    waist - where your jacket hits, around, divide by two

Sleeve length - on the body, from shoulder point to where hand starts
    Bicep - measure bicep flexed, around, divide by two
    elbow - relaxed, around, arm hanging straight/locked - divide by two

Step three:
    Divide each corresponding jacket measurement by the body measurement. The resulting numbers will be 1.0-1.1 something. (give me these to the FIFTH decimal place) I want you to make a list in the same order I listed, and send just these numbers to me.

That is all that is needed, and I will send you back an email with the raffle number. DO NOT send me the virtual measurements of the jacket from the order specs, I need the actual measurements from the outside of the jacket, they will be slightly different due to material widths and stretching/shrinking.

A question for you. I have 2 bombers, can I qualify for 2 raffle numbers? They are suppose to be the same measurements, but I know for a fact one fits a bit looser than the other.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

wj, for every TOJ you have, you qualify - that's like 4 pieces in your possession, right? measure each one seaparately and run the 6 divisions

3. 2balls

2balls Senior member

wj, for every TOJ you have, you qualify - that's like 4 pieces in your possession, right? measure each one seaparately and run the 6 divisions

Does this only apply to the leather goods?Or all outerwear (varsities, coats, etc)?

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I will def do this, if I receive mine before the raffle. [​IMG]

5. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

I will def do this, if I receive mine before the raffle. [​IMG]

samesies

BTW, what's the anniv jacket anyway?

6. jslade

jslade Senior member

samesies

BTW, what's the anniv jacket anyway?

It hasn't been announced yet. [​IMG]

7. umhaha84

umhaha84 Senior member

Fuck due to complication with my last landlord. All my shit got lost. Including tojs and everything. Can i still enter the raffle.

8. echau

echau Senior member

sent my numbers

9. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Fuck due to complication with my last landlord. All my shit got lost. Including tojs and everything. Can i still enter the raffle.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. senchao

senchao Well-Known Member

lol

11. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

^how do you measure it if you lost your toj lol

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Sadly, I only qualify for 3. The last piece is not a leather/suede..it's a peacoat.

If I get my horse in before this ends, I will submit that as well.

Will send my stuff after dinner.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Does this only apply to the leather goods?Or all outerwear (varsities, coats, etc)?

Ok, I need to get records of your sizing data for my database, and so I will offer everyone a ticket number for every set of numbers I get from you. The only eligible numbers are going to be off MTM jackets we sold you directly, so unfortunately, sample sale items as well as secondhand TOJ's will not count here.
    I'm only looking measurements off TOJ leather/suede jackets, and I want you to specify in your email which model you're measuring, and a description of your jacket (i.e. brown lamb Bomber, grey suede band DR v1, etc)

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Email your set of of numbers to the email: [email protected] in a new email with a header of 'Raffle' and I will reply back with your appropriate raffle number(s) - and then in a week or two we will have the draw. I will videotape the number draw and post it online.

So here are the instructions:

Take your TOJ leather jacket, and measure the following:
    shoulder to shoulder, front - measure from the perpendicular 'T' seam point to the other side. Hold the jacket flat and stretch it out as much as it goes.
    p2p - measure from pit seam to pit seam, again, hold jacket flat and stretch it out as far as it goes
    mid - halfway down the jacket, across, again, hold jacket out
    waist - from the bottom edge to the other bottom edge corner, across, hold jacket wide. Include the rolled off edges, like .1 or .2"

Sleeve length, from sleeve shoulder head seam to the edge of the cuff where a watch face would be, in the middle of the cuff that is.
    Sleeve width, bicep across -hold the sleeve out, put tape at the pit, perpendicular to the sleeve itself, measure across (should be between 6-8" for most)
    Sleeve width, elbow across - same, but at the middle where your elbow is

Then, take these measurements off your body, with the measuring tape on your body:
    Shoulders - true shoulder to true shoulder, front AND back, stand straight
    chest - go around, at the widest part, slightly above the nipples, and then divide by two
    mid- above the navel at the smallest part of your torso, around, divide by two
    waist - where your jacket hits, around, divide by two

Sleeve length - on the body, from shoulder point to where hand starts
    Bicep - measure bicep flexed, around, divide by two
    elbow - relaxed, around, arm hanging straight/locked - divide by two

Step three:
    Divide each corresponding jacket measurement by the body measurement. The resulting numbers will be 1.0-1.1 something. (give me these to the FIFTH decimal place) I want you to make a list in the same order I listed, and send just these numbers to me.

That is all that is needed, and I will send you back an email with the raffle number. DO NOT send me the virtual measurements of the jacket from the order specs, I need the actual measurements from the outside of the jacket, they will be slightly different due to material widths and stretching/shrinking.

Hey Drew,

This is something I caught:

You stated to only measure the front of the jacket while measure both front and back of your shoulder.

For the ratio, what would go up in the numerator for the jacket's measurement since you only asked for the front? Shouldn't there be a measurement of the jacket's back as well so a person can calculate the ratio for the back shoulder?

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I still think Toji is the one [​IMG]. Sounds so badass japanese and the ji looks cool [​IMG].

I don't think he wants anything reminiscent of TOJ or too Japanese sounding though since he didn't go for either Toji or Tojikawa when I offered them up as names the last time.