Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. dmash

dmash Senior member

Fuck, did you even read Synth's posts?

Anyway Drew has said before that t's and jeans aren't in the pipeline.

It was just thought bozo, calm down. I don't expect TOJ to even make it, I'm just stating that's what I would like to see from somebody. Nothing synth posted correlates to the points I made. [​IMG]

2. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

It really is not that easy to get your own T-shirt cut. Tshirt blanks in custom fits beyond the regular patterns offered at a reputable cut & sew manufacturer bring up the costs and minimums (usually 1000 pieces per color) required so much so that there is reason most tshirts fit the same. Not to mention the costs in testing of fits at multiple sizes or grades. Tshirts are a great way to make money but the margins arent as high as other clothing products offfered, they just have a lower price barrier to enter in to.

Thank you. Like I said....you want quality but you want it at a wholesale price, not going to happen.

3. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

This was brought up several months ago and Drew said no.

If you want affordable blazers, try contacting Jason at TaT.

Shoot, was looking forward to how TOJ would do it.

Well, if T's and jeans and blazers are out [​IMG]

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

If we're talking MTM t shirts, the prices will be pretty high I think.

[​IMG] MTM tees.

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Shoot, was looking forward to how TOJ would do it.

Well, if T's and jeans and blazers are out [​IMG]

TaT is of great value. ~$500 for a full suit that is not fused, not fully canvassed. I think Drew looked into it, but to source the materials and to fund the labor...it would just be too much.

[​IMG] MTM tees.
    MTM (leather) v neck t shirts. [​IMG]

I just used that as an example because you and I are similar in some stuff, but pretty different in others. You look great in a sz small Silent t shirt. While the same t shirt fits like the Under Armour stuff I wear to the gym. [​IMG]

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Pretty sure Drew stated before that tees would cost at least $50 if not more, but never mind I'm sure you understand his manufacturing costs more than he does

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Pretty sure Drew stated before that tees would cost at least $50 if not more, but never mind I'm sure you understand his manufacturing costs more than he does
    You stated earlier in your reply to Drew that you 'seem to get on people's bad side recently'....it's because of smart replies like this.

I take the forum thing in a pretty lighthearted manner, but I'm just letting you know.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I just used that as an example because you and I are similar in some stuff, but pretty different in others. You look great in a sz small Silent t shirt. While the same t shirt fits like the Under Armour stuff I wear to the gym. [​IMG]

You tried the one I suggested from Gilt? If Silent is too tight because you're more muscular, give RO a try. [​IMG]

9. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

I tallied all the votes from SF so far: Harrington: 36 votes TOJ1: 19 votes Varsity (TOJ0): 17 votes MA-1: 14 votes Click here to see all data

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Does that include SuFu? I think people are voting there as well.

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

You stated earlier in your reply to Drew that you 'seem to get on people's bad side recently'....it's because of smart replies like this.
    I just think it's ridiculous to compare ToJ to AA, which uses pretty low quality materials and has massive scales of manufacturing, when Drew's been pretty clear on the issue before ... And when I said that, I meant inadvertently. Of course snarky replies are going to get me on some people's bad sides. [​IMG]

12. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

I tallied all the votes from SF so far: Harrington: 36 votes TOJ1: 19 votes Varsity (TOJ0): 17 votes MA-1: 14 votes Click here to see all data
    No, just SF So, Harrington is the clear winner on SF. What's interesting is how many people would actually end up buying. Also, I think TOJ1 cannibalized a lot of MA-1 votes. If Drew made it clear whether TOJ1 were a viable option or not, I think MA-1 would be much, much higher Finally, I didn't include stuff like cotton moto, T-1, etc, but you can see that in my data file edit also, there were 2 votes for bathrobes

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

You tried the one I suggested from Gilt? If Silent is too tight because you're more muscular, give RO a try. [​IMG]
    I'm not baller enough for RO. [​IMG]

I found a fit that I like from Macys. The CK v-necks, albeit still thin, are slim and lengthy enough.

Yeah, I bought 3 from Gilt and returned them. I found the sleeves to be too short too.

Unc,

It's all good, dude. It wasn't referred to me, but I was just sayin'.

Interesting tally up. If you combine both varsities, then it is a tie with the Harrington.

14. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

Computurd, that's a really awesome fit on that bomber.

15. dmash

dmash Senior member