1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

He said mine would go out monday

2. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I woke up last week and I couldn't hear anything, turns out I lost the rest of my hearing (been progressively losing my hearing for the past 8 years) and it all went to shit last week, after I'd promised all these grand meetups and everything.
    Scheisse, man, that's a major bummer. [​IMG] Hope things work out.

3. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

This happened to a good friend of mine way back in middle school. Hope everything's all right.

Is the Uncontrol rider still happening?

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Yeah it is, I paid for it a while ago, I had my measurements taken yesterday but now I'm taking measurements of jackets I own already because there's no way I have 20" shoulders. :|

6. gats

gats Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] is this colour of suede still offered?

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

anyone have any word on whether the sample sale stuff went out friday? paid thursday morning so im hopin i got in with the friday shipment.

yours was the one that got buttons on it, shipping it is the last thing I'm doing in Korea in a few hrs and then I'm out! Dan has a couple other samples he's shipping today as well.

Uncontrol Rider is still happening of course -whenever Uncontrol wants to size himself up and get swagged out! We're ready and have all the stuff for it, Dan is thoroughly initiated with the project himself so it could be made while I'm away, as long as we square away the sizing via email.

Im okay apart from that, losing my hearing was kind of inevitable, been losing my hearing chunk by chunk since 2004, lost one ear then, then lost about 60% of the other ear in 2008, lost the rest last week, it just goes overnight. I don't know why, and neither do doctors - not enough info on that topic I guess. I'm gonna probably get something done in Japan later on this year regarding my hearing and might be able to hear again, using whatever it might take. Luckily, I work on my own schedule and our work is not affected at all, and you guys wouldn't have even known had I not told you =P It's not like AIDS or cancer or something where I was 100% surprised and expect it to take over my life, it's just an annoyance in the scheme of things.

8. Hkstyles

Hkstyles Senior member

yours was the one that got buttons on it, shipping it is the last thing I'm doing in Korea in a few hrs and then I'm out! Dan has a couple other samples he's shipping today as well.

Uncontrol Rider is still happening of course -whenever Uncontrol wants to size himself up and get swagged out! We're ready and have all the stuff for it, Dan is thoroughly initiated with the project himself so it could be made while I'm away, as long as we square away the sizing via email.

Im okay apart from that, losing my hearing was kind of inevitable, been losing my hearing chunk by chunk since 2004, lost one ear then, then lost about 60% of the other ear in 2008, lost the rest last week, it just goes overnight. I don't know why, and neither do doctors - not enough info on that topic I guess. I'm gonna probably get something done in Japan later on this year regarding my hearing and might be able to hear again, using whatever it might take. Luckily, I work on my own schedule and our work is not affected at all, and you guys wouldn't have even known had I not told you =P It's not like AIDS or cancer or something where I was 100% surprised and expect it to take over my life, it's just an annoyance in the scheme of things.

So you can't hear anything at all? Like when you try to speak, do you hear your own voice? Atleast you can still have all your other senses... I'm actually imtrigued by the notion of living without hearing anything. I'm sorry for what happened, but I wouldn't worry about it at all, you're still contributing to your daily life normally and we're especially glad that you are still able to provide the joy of wearing TOJs!

9. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I imagine it would make communication pretty difficult unless you were to just write everything down. But if you've expected it for some time I'm sure you've got methods.

10. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

Sign language?

11. xtreme588

xtreme588 Active Member

did this week's regular production stuff already go out?

12. Synthese

This sounds familiar, except without the added bonus of kidney failure, autoimmune disorders and the doctors telling you you're going to die (in the case of my friend). But really, the mysterious loss of hearing sounds familiar. I'm not a doctor, and I assume you've been talking to people who are doctors, but have kidneys or AI disorders come up at all in conversation?

13. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Sorry for your friend synth, but its much more likely to be isolated hearing loss than something systemic. Just don't want drew to freak out reading that. I hope a cochlear implant or something can help drew.

Btw, is the ma-1 offered in grey? I don't think it is, but it seems like a natural choice. That grey lad ma-1 in recent purchases just reinforces that, so good.

14. Synthese

Sorry for your friend synth, but its much more likely to be isolated hearing loss than something systemic. Just don't want drew to freak out reading that. I hope a cochlear implant or something can help drew.

Btw, is the ma-1 offered in grey? I don't think it is, but it seems like a natural choice. That grey lad ma-1 in recent purchases just reinforces that, so good.

Good point. I should have added that she turned out ok, just without any hearing in one ear (other one has mostly come back). So don't freak out, Drew. Trust me. I'm a doctor.

15. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

[​IMG]

Drew, really sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out

16. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Good point. I should have added that she turned out ok, just without any hearing in one ear (other one has mostly come back). So don't freak out, Drew. Trust me. I'm a doctor.
    Dear Fok,

Please change Synthese's title to "Swag Doctor" as soon as humanly possible.

Warm Regards,

Everyone

17. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

D:

Fuck, Drew, I'm sorry. That's awful, but I hope a cochlear implant (or anything else, really) can help.

18. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Sorry about your hearing Drew, doesn't sound like it's got you down too much, but keep your head up!

19. singh02

singh02 Well-Known Member

This sounds familiar, except without the added bonus of kidney failure, autoimmune disorders and the doctors telling you you're going to die (in the case of my friend). But really, the mysterious loss of hearing sounds familiar. I'm not a doctor, and I assume you've been talking to people who are doctors, but have kidneys or AI disorders come up at all in conversation?

From your description, your friend had Alport's syndrome; Drew has Meniere's disease ( mentioned previously in a post I think). As he's failed medical management now, hopefully, surgery can improve his hearing, (vertigo, nausea if present). As this disease is mostly idiopathic (no cause determined on why it happened), it can be a fairly frustrating disease. Glad too see it not interfering with any plans though.

20. Majerle

Majerle Member

From your description, your friend had Alport's syndrome; Drew has Meniere's disease ( mentioned previously in a post I think). As he's failed medical management now, hopefully, surgery can improve his hearing, (vertigo, nausea if present). As this disease is mostly idiopathic (no cause determined on why it happened), it can be a fairly frustrating disease. Glad too see it not interfering with any plans though.
    I come here to avoid studying for step 1. Ha, seems like it can't be avoided.