• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

reallypeacedoff

Reaction score
Damn, just went to the FB page, looked at the most recent reviews and the first 12 are all about TOJ. His business bros must be fuming!

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I’ve been alerted that somebody’s number is trolling the phone lines and been staying up; As has been said, the restaurant’s FB page and number is not a customer hotline to get in touch with me. I’ve said it here before, but that isn’t a phone or message line for me as I’m not there (and plus I’m deaf and do not use a phone, so this is quite stupid), and it reaches a lot of unconnected owners and part time staffers; in the average scenario these people on the other end of the line are just getting mad at you for spamming/being irate and giving you canned answers to get away, and in the worst case scenario where there are threats to other people and investment/property, I’m automatically handing over your personal names and contact information in the event that they need to keep it on hand for whatever reason. As for myself, the level of slander , falsities, and abuse on the forums and the page, that has been approached by noting the names of people who don’t want to go through the process in a civil way and and so they go to the relegation pile and will be picked up when things settle. Anybody who can approach this situation in a civil way is automatically being bumped and dealt with individually, as many individuals have completed their TOJ outstandings.

The restaurant itself has reached maturity and is going through a sale process and so the penalty only hurts those who will interfere with the process as well as everybody else; it’s best not to interfere with the other strangers involved as the spread of the investor group is 8 people wide and not happy with the outside noise and will be looking to sources to maintain their money. Nothing else said, but it’s not a laughing matter at this point, and it’s not within my hands.

As for what is being made and will come out, I am told that MA-1’s and rider’s jackets are the next immediate group, and that leather bombers, and more riders plus TOJ0’s would be following.

cutemelon

Reaction score
I’ve been alerted that somebody’s number is trolling the phone lines and been staying up; As has been said, the restaurant’s FB page and number is not a customer hotline to get in touch with me. I’ve said it here before, but that isn’t a phone or message line for me as I’m not there (and plus I’m deaf and do not use a phone, so this is quite stupid), and it reaches a lot of unconnected owners and part time staffers; in the average scenario these people on the other end of the line are just getting mad at you for spamming/being irate and giving you canned answers to get away, and in the worst case scenario where there are threats to other people and investment/property, I’m automatically handing over your personal names and contact information in the event that they need to keep it on hand for whatever reason. As for myself, the level of slander , falsities, and abuse on the forums and the page, that has been approached by noting the names of people who don’t want to go through the process in a civil way and and so they go to the relegation pile and will be picked up when things settle. Anybody who can approach this situation in a civil way is automatically being bumped and dealt with individually, as many individuals have completed their TOJ outstandings.

The restaurant itself has reached maturity and is going through a sale process and so the penalty only hurts those who will interfere with the process as well as everybody else; it’s best not to interfere with the other strangers involved as the spread of the investor group is 8 people wide and not happy with the outside noise and will be looking to sources to maintain their money. Nothing else said, but it’s not a laughing matter at this point, and it’s not within my hands.

As for what is being made and will come out, I am told that MA-1’s and rider’s jackets are the next immediate group, and that leather bombers, and more riders plus TOJ0’s would be following.
Hello Drew @impolyt_one

I have been patiently and politely trying to reach you through the only way i know (toj email) and have not gotten a response in 2 months. I have been civil and tried to reach out to you in the way you want. but i havn't gotten any response. also a jacket quoted a few months is now looking closer to 2+ years. I want to know whats going on. I think there are a lot of people that want to know whats going on. I think the shear number of people who are in a similar situation is high enough and the response from you low enough that crazy things are happening such as the fb reviews and the phone calls. What is going on? what is going on? what is going on? when are people going to get their jackets? when are people going to get their jackets? when are people going to get their jackets? what is going on with refunds? what is going on with refunds? what is going on with refunds? blah blah

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Drew,

I'm going to try to get this in here before people like cellardoors start freaking out and talking ****. I think most people would agree that assaulting Libertine or any other business in which you are involved is inappropriate and pretty much unforgivable, given the effect that it has on your partners and employees who are not involved in ToJ. Ditto the personal slander.

I do think that people at this point are (rightly) freaking out about ToJ and are afraid that they have sunk $800+ with no return. I don't think that is difficult to understand when you paid for something almost 2 years ago with no accurate sign/expectation of receiving it. For many, that is a lot of money (it is for me for example... I've fallen on hard times recently and could use the cash but have decided to wait patiently instead of chargeback, etc). You mention approaching the situation "in a civil way" but nobody has any idea how to get in touch with you, when to expect their goods, why they are taking so long still, etc. You've been popping in with updates every few weeks lately, which is great, but I think at this point, people are seeking/need the assurance of one-on-one communication. It's sort of like... at this point everyone is just hoping for a leather jacket to maybe someday magically appear at their doorstep with no prior warning and if it gets stolen by the mailman or off the porch there's no real recourse. That is kind of scary.

Don't know what your thoughts are on all that... I think everyone is in favor of better communication but nobody knows how or if that is possible.

Last edited:

AKang

Reaction score
Meanwhile, there are still more orders coming out as usual. I have done about 7 post office runs in the past three weeks, however I usually go to shipping about twice a week normally as that is what my schedule allows. Shipping of items usually consumes a whole business day.

At this point, I think it's probably best if you just spend an entire business day replying back to EVERYONE's (even the ones who haven't been so civil) TOJ-related emails so you can ease everyone's concerns about losing $800+. That might stop a lot of the harassing phone calls and spam-like reviews left on your restaurant's FB page...

It's just a dam shame to see TOJ go out like this =\ I have a friend who's still waiting on his jacket after I raved about you guys nonstop a few years back.

Last edited:

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive got two jackets in the queue from 12/13. Ive sent a couple emails about my shipping address that needs to be updated, no reply.
I moved twice since i placed my order.

Can we get confirmation on these type of requests ? I would hate to wait 2 years, spend 1600$ and have them shipped to the wrong address.

chupas

Reaction score
Little known fact, "People Who Don't Want to Go Through the Process in a Civil Way" originally appeared as a short story in the first edition of Franz Kafka's Betrachtung.

Last edited:

SloppyJoes

Reaction score
Drew.

I'm trying to be civil. I emailed numerous times since Charly/Dan left (they were all civil and polite as you requested). You haven't replied to any of the emails. It was a simple question that could have been answered in less than 5 minutes.

I did call the restaurant twice... last week. Both times were 1 min calls telling whoever picked up to ask you to respond to your emails. They said they would do so. I still haven't seen a response.

You don't sign on to the forums for weeks at a time and don't respond to emails. On top of that, your claim that your paypay account is frozen is confirmed by paypal to be a lie. At this point, I just want my money back or the jacket that was promised to me. I don't think that it's an unreasonable request to ask for a refund at this point, especially those that have been waiting for almost 2 years.

What do you suggest we do? Wait longer? How much longer?

Also, in case you were wondering, those recent facebook reviews aren't from me.

Last edited:

vedarcrew

Reaction score

I'm sorry that your business affiliates are getting involved but this comes back to everyone's gripe about a lack of communication about a pre existing order. We are basically playing a role of a repossession team trying to find out what's going on. I'm still way back in the queue for 11/13 but I'm moving soon and I've sent out two emails with an address update without any return.

cellardoors

Reaction score
LOL didn't you guys read his message - the guys deaf - both to aural input and to any kind of pleads, requests or logic.

Love the whole "I'll bump whoever shuts up" bit - now thats sum fucked up pit-one-against-the-other tactics.

TheObserver

Reaction score
Quote:
I have tried this approach, and like many others, I can testify this statement is complete and utter bullshit. There is no response, unless you were a menswear blogger, like, Dieworkwear.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justonemore78