• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

RetroFuture

Reaction score
I see a stack of jackets but in no way do I believe they represent a majority of unfinished orders.
These are clearly jackets that have been mixed up in some regards.
With customers waiting on Summer 2013 leathers, we're a far way off from completion.
To see that amount of jackets get thrown in a corner and forgotten about until drastic measures were taken, actually makes me more worried.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

@impolyt_one would you prefer us to bump the previous order-details-payment-etc email conversation or send a new message when we get in touch w order details?

I'd prefer a clean slate up to the minute data email when you do so. Thank you in advance. Addresses as well as items received change regularly and it's fastest for me to work with a status reading.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drew do you have any sense of how quickly it will take you to clear these? I'm under the impression that you only work on ToJ stuff on Mondays and are busy at Libertine Tues-Sun. Will this take several weeks? Months? etc.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Drew @impolyt_one

How far have you got through identifying the owners of the jackets?
Are the jackets being sent depending on queue position?
Will we be getting more frequent updates?

I just pulled them out and sorted them today, it will take some time, as identifying each jacket's owner is not going to be easy. Anything that is ever sendable and clear to go always gets sent. What is up in the air due to whatever reasons will get held until it's clear that the person is on the other side ready to receive it. As for updates, yes, I will be posting them.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Drew do you have any sense of how quickly it will take you to clear these? I'm under the impression that you only work on ToJ stuff on Mondays and are busy at Libertine Tues-Sun. Will this take several weeks? Months? etc.

I have three jobs, but all of them are piecemeal and require my time at random times of the day and days of the week, I don't check into a time clock like that. Some weeks the restaurant requires me to work on Mondays, many times the store is running freely and I can do shipping on a Thurs or Fri. I don't have a set schedule apart from my work requiring 7 days a week, all day, everyday.

capnMURPHY2021

Reaction score
Drew, good to see you're back to interact with your customers. long overdue

The peanut gallery with no orders at stake really needs to STFU so real questions can get answered.

Any word on the production for large wallets?

keithdathief

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Drew. I am the one who wrote the reviews on your restaurant's web page.

It was not my intention to go this route but please understand that we really had no other option to get much needed information. It may have been overboard but this is what resulted from months of not communicating basic information that you really need to tell us. I didn't want to have to resort to this, but there will obviously be imitators after this so please either start replying to emails consistently from now on or set up another way to contact you directly so they don't have to.

I would like to remove my comments made to your restaurant's page and I plan to do it soon. But before I do, can you answer this question of mine:

First, regarding paypal's account limitation(aka account freeze):

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/brc/help-prevent-limitations

Account Limitations: What To Do, and Can They be Avoided?

Account limitations prevent you from completing certain actions with your account such as withdrawing, sending, or receiving money. These limitations are implemented to help protect both buyers and sellers. In some cases, PayPal implements these limitations to comply with federal and state laws and they can’t be avoided. In other cases, account limitations help protect against fraud or could be instituted because of seller performance. With that in mind, let’s take a look at ways you can help avoid these limitations and how to lift limitations already on your account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/account-limitations

Account Limitations Key Facts

• Limitations are implemented to help protect both buyers and sellers.
  • If your account is limited, you may be unable to send or withdraw money, or you might find you can’t accept payments or add money to the account.
  • If we suspect someone could be using your account without your knowledge, we’ll limit it for your protection and look into the detected fraudulent activity.
  • Your account could be limited in order to comply with regulatory requirements.
  • An account could be limited due to seller performance.
  • If you find that your account has been limited, log in to your account for details about your situation and how to resolve the limitation.

Someone earlier claimed they sent you payment early 2015 for a leather upgrade. I'm assuming he was able to successfully send money to the account because he would have mentioned it here otherwise (whoever it was, please confirm this).

So... can you explain? If your account is locked because of the chargeback (which supposedly happened in Nov 2014 as confessed by another member), how was this person able send payment to your TOJ account for the leather upgrade?

cutemelon

Reaction score
I see a stack of jackets but in no way do I believe they represent a majority of unfinished orders.
These are clearly jackets that have been mixed up in some regards.
With customers waiting on Summer 2013 leathers, we're a far way off from completion.
To see that amount of jackets get thrown in a corner and forgotten about until drastic measures were taken, actually makes me more worried.
I share RetroFuture's sentiment. How can so many jackets have just been left in storage without any action being taken. If 85% of orders are complete does that mean everyone from a earlier order date is supposed to be in that pile? I just don't see what is going on exactly.

I understand that because of the nature of placing orders, changing measurements, changing addresses all via email has made TOJ very disorganized and Drew (@impolyt_one ) has stated that it will take some time to go through that **** show, but now i am concerned how long that will take. There have been "update" posts made in the past which were enough to calm this thread down for a few weeks but then when people continued to not receive their jackets the thread would go back to the direction of anger. Is this what is going to happen again?

1: "where's my jacket"
2: "drew says, he is going through all the emails so just wait"
weeks pass que pitchforks again

Please, i just want some more transparency.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurMartinez