• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda sad and Ironic. Decided I want to get bigger and hit the gym, and now none of my incoming jackets will end up fitting me.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda sad and Ironic. Decided I want to get bigger and hit the gym, and now none of my incoming jackets will end up fitting me.

Then sell them and try to get a second hand one. Being fit will make you look way better than the best leather jacket ever made.

Roscius

Reaction score

skeen, I think you've hold much more anger with no money in the game than most of us waiting for a jacket.

I wonder what brings you here every single day? What forces you to spend here at least a few minutes of your everyday life to shitpost?

Did you have a bad experience in the past with Drew/TOJ and it's some kind of futile revenge? You sound like Drew's spiteful ex-girlfriend.

He's the clothsurgeon

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Drew, I will be putting this information both here on this forum and in a subsequent, more detailed e-mail to the TOJ Gmail account (so please respond!):

- My name is "Eugene K."
- My e-mail address starts with an "r" (all lowercase letters) and is just my last name in Japanese backwards (for example, "Tanaka" would become "Kanata", not "Akanat"; it goes by consonant + vowel).

I am waiting on 3 orders and 1 refund:

- Ordered on 2/13/2014 ($885): medium whiskey calf MDR w/ bemberg - I requested a refund for this back on 11/04/2014.

- Ordered on 2/13/2014 ($795): brown lamb A-2 w/ bemberg (sizing with Charly wasn't confirmed until 1/30/2015) - I originally requested a refund for this together with the above order for the MDR, but then I changed my mind and decided that I wanted to keep this order on 1/20/2014. However, I still want a refund for the MDR.

- Bought a spot on 10/17/2014 ($830): black calf 2013 DR w/ bemberg (sizing with Charly wasn't confirmed until 1/30/21015; same with the above A-2) - I bought this spot from a "Paul G.", who originally ordered on 9/25/2013. I also realize that I paid $10 more than what my jacket should have cost since Paul ordered a colored lamb, but I changed the order to black calf - is there any way to be refunded the $10 as well?

- Bought a spot on 2/05/2015 ($380): black/black TOJ0 (stock 46; size confirmed with Charly 2/18/2015) - I bought this spot from a "Sebastian N.", who originally ordered on 8/01/2013 and requested a refund on 11/04/2014.

My PayPal name and address are the same as my e-mail's, and I will be providing the e-mail addresses of the people whose spots I bought as well as the sizing and specs for my two full leathers in my "subsequent, more detailed e-mail", so please do read them. Thanks!

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Guys, with personal order status things, please direct them to the email for consolidation and so that I can address them when I go into the emails. The thread is not a viable way to store this info, nor can I decrypt names and such if you're trying to remain private.
What I have in my hands at any given time is a lot of jackets that are obviously of a certain style, leather, and sometimes have non standard detailing - and then most of them have a very specific set of measurements and those are the identifying factors. The jackets don't have any sort of date on them or any other information otherwise. I am starting a separate database for the storage jackets so I know what is on hand for a match.

jsd642

Reaction score

Ok, I went across town and went into the storage. This is a portion of what’s in there but I couldn’t bring all of it in two goes. I don’t want to start some online picture ID game with these, so please refrain from that and let me go through each one and determine whether it is now sendable not once I cross check all the ID sources.

If it’s gone to this collection then it’s a matter of either being not sendable at the time due to name errors, whether you were on the refund list and taken off the production and ship list after the completion of the piece, or for some other reason.

It’s obviously a lot of stuff and I need to make sure that the right people receive the right pieces. Many are missing names entirely and some aren’t made to spec and might need revision. In addition to what’s here and the other collection of jackets, there are a stack of daypacks and wallets. Once again, it’s going to take some email time and research to solve each case. Since I don’t touch the production process, nor did I take the orders, almost all of your names are unfamiliar to me by the time the piece is made and I go to look for the status, and sometimes something as small as a spelling error on the handwritten slips can make someone not appear in the gmail search.

Whiskey MDR and oxblood 2013 dr may be my August 2013 orders - [email protected]

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whiskey MDR and oxblood 2013 dr may be my August 2013 orders - [email protected]

Not to be a dick, but did you not read what he JUST wrote: don't try to ID your jackets from the photo. Sheesh.

(Look, I'm in the same boat as everyone else here, but let's not make a complicated situation any more so...)

Lolawolf

Reaction score
Well, this shows Drew didn't lie. It looks like the bulk of orders WERE done earlier this year.

He was just using gmail as a database for some reason...

randomn1c

Reaction score
Hey @impolyt_one if you want me to put a message on the toj-gallery.com site like "if you're waiting for an order email xyz details to xyz address" let me know. It doesn't get a ton of traffic but maybe someone looking for an update would stumble there.

km6064

Reaction score
@impolyt_one Email sent, new thread consolidating all order details, measurements, addresses etc

Hopefully makes that pretty clear. Fingers crossed..

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup, I knew i.t I always said I bet you guys that your jackets are done, but are just sitting on a dusty corner because someone fucked up and is lazy.

nkwu

Reaction score
Definitely looks like at least one of my jackets is there.

Yup, I knew i.t I always said I bet you guys that your jackets are done, but are just sitting on a dusty corner because someone fucked up and is lazy.

a lot of this speculation and LA Guy's reasoning always seemed on point. But it's hard to understand .... human behaviour sometimes (laziness, burnout, depression, whatever) -- not that that's an excuse or anything

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferdoris