• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

ktown

Reaction score
Spaghetti, please read my post indicating they were still giving out 16-20 week lead times late into the year.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spaghetti, please read my post indicating they were still giving out 16-20 week lead times late into the year.

OK. Nevermind I misunderstood SloppyJoes. 100% agreed that the lead times were misleading. Its clear they had no idea how long the orders would take given how often they adjusted the time upwards. Probably they gave out the 16-20 week lead time based on how things were progressing already (basically Nov 2013 being 16-20 after they started cracking into that huge wave of June shipments and started sending).

Last edited:

ktown

Reaction score
Spaghetti, I'm not trying to be demeaning here so I'll use a better term and call you the eternal optimist. I highly doubt the unfulfilled lead times had anything to do with fit adjustments as you have pointed out.

Why have refunds not been doled out given the fact that a lot of the commotion would be quashed immediately with relatively little work? Is it because the PayPal account has been locked for so long that a simple $800 dispute on a $1m balance was not sorted out? Drew just said one chargeback caused his account to get locked up.

Why have Charly and Dan not been paid for quite some time?

Why is there an excuse every time people complain?

Where are the jackets?

We can continue this line of questioning but you know what I'm trying to get at. Money solves most business problems. If the guy had $1m in the ToJ fund ready to go at a moment's notice, this would not be happening.

Last edited:

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spaghetti, I'm not trying to be demeaning here so I'll use a better term and call you the eternal optimist. I highly doubt the unfulfilled lead times had anything to do with fit adjustments as you have pointed out.

Why have refunds not been doled out given the fact that a lot of the commotion would be quashed immediately with relatively little work? Is it because the PayPal account has been locked for so long that a simple $800 dispute on a $1m balance was not sorted out? Drew just said one chargeback caused his account to get locked up.

Why have Charly and Dan not been paid for quite some time?

Why is there an excuse every time people complain?

Where are the jackets?

We can continue this line of questioning but you know what I'm trying to get at. Money solves most business problems. If the guy had $1m in the ToJ fund ready to go at a moment's notice, this would not be happening.

I didn't say anything at all about "fit adjustments." I said that the consistent adjustment of lead times (should have said increase) was an indication that they (or Charly or whoever) had no idea how long the orders would take to fulfill. I also said the lead times were misleading. That isn't really excusing anyone.

Re: refunds, I'll remind you that I'm the one who called Drew out on this earlier and asked for a prompt solution. I also essentially asked "where are the jackets?"

What else do you want? You want me to get in your boat and tell Drew to ************? What will that accomplish for me or anyone else who still has outstanding orders? Or do you want me to become an "eternal pessimist" and sell my spot for a $170 loss? I'm sorry you got burned. That's a huge bummer. But I'm not interested in cutting my losses yet.

Last edited:

lolandor

Reaction score
@impolyt_one

Hey, I'm one of the others that paid for a daypack but didn't receive it. The name is S. Gardner.

I also have another jacket on order but I assume that's still coming.

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok, I went across town and went into the storage. This is a portion of what’s in there but I couldn’t bring all of it in two goes. I don’t want to start some online picture ID game with these, so please refrain from that and let me go through each one and determine whether it is now sendable not once I cross check all the ID sources.

If it’s gone to this collection then it’s a matter of either being not sendable at the time due to name errors, whether you were on the refund list and taken off the production and ship list after the completion of the piece, or for some other reason.

It’s obviously a lot of stuff and I need to make sure that the right people receive the right pieces. Many are missing names entirely and some aren’t made to spec and might need revision. In addition to what’s here and the other collection of jackets, there are a stack of daypacks and wallets. Once again, it’s going to take some email time and research to solve each case. Since I don’t touch the production process, nor did I take the orders, almost all of your names are unfamiliar to me by the time the piece is made and I go to look for the status, and sometimes something as small as a spelling error on the handwritten slips can make someone not appear in the gmail search.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jeezus

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What an absolute ******* shitshow

So much angst, so many broken hearts because he couldnt be fucked sorting this out until it took someone posting on the facebook wall of his restaurant before he deigned to reply

You all owe your thanks to keithdathief and connor whatever his name was your thanks

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
skeen, I think you've hold much more anger with no money in the game than most of us waiting for a jacket.

I wonder what brings you here every single day? What forces you to spend here at least a few minutes of your everyday life to shitpost?

Did you have a bad experience in the past with Drew/TOJ and it's some kind of futile revenge? You sound like Drew's spiteful ex-girlfriend.

And no, I'm not brainwashed. Drew/TOJ deserves most of the criticism he's received. But coming here every single day to state the same **** over and over again is beyond my understanding.

Same goes for ter and others.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremiahbryson