TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

They really are, man. [​IMG]

2. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

Really, I think Time Out of Joint was the best from the last round, and it's still better than the shit that's getting thrown around now.
    Yay! Really, I'm just hoping for some really nice Toj bags right now. Almost went with a Porter boston bag but pretty sure whatever toj puts out will be worth the wait. Currently just rocking plastic bags hobo style.

3. GBear

GBear Senior member

They really are, man. [​IMG]

I completely agree with you though. Restaurants that have way too many items on the menu irritate me. A lot of Chinese restaurants do that. I mean, how the hell are you supposed to decide between Shrimp Fried Rice and Chicken Fried Rice. Fuck!

4. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Wouldn't you decide based on whether you feel like eating shrimp or chicken fried rice? What the fuck?

5. impolyt_one

Personally - I have 3 main bags, all black, all suit me nicely, but none are really that easy to buy and I have felt the pain of finding a nice bag; in order of smallest to largest - I have a cow suede Yohji messenger that's vertically the size of A4, a little larger maybe, has a guitar strap-style fixed strap... #2 is a Julius bowling/Boston bag, calf leather, good bag, Riri zipper, it's indestructible though made simply, good bag but purse-y, and then #3 I have a Givenchy weekender/duffle in nightingale, textured calf, dry cheap feeling leather, standard YKK zips (not the Excella series that I use on the TOJ jackets) standard cloth lining, way overpriced, but capacious. That's what I use. I have had more bags but I do wish someday to own an MMM or to think of a bag I want more than that. that is the point for me. I make it, or I'll just buy it from someone else if it's better than what I could make. That was the case with the TOJ seabag (that will never get made now) and then the TOJ first prototype weekender (which you'll never see, I nixed it [​IMG])

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I mean, how the hell are you supposed to decide between Shrimp Fried Rice and Chicken Fried Rice. Fuck!
    Get combination fried rice.

7. max_r

max_r Senior member

what do you end up doing with all the samples that you dont end up making?

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Wouldn't you decide based on whether you feel like eating shrimp or chicken fried rice? What the fuck?

Alternative is to make a bomb diggity chicken/shrimp fried rice and make it the only/best option. Eat it and like it or else!!!!!

9. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I want winter to come around. By then I should have some cash$$$ for MDR with fur collar (bring it back) and a duffle or fishtail. Realized how much I spent on shoes and if I just pared it down a little I could get some shit I've been fiending for.

10. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

what do you end up doing with all the samples that you dont end up making?

toj sample sale!! [​IMG]

11. GBear

GBear Senior member

Alternative is to make a bomb diggity chicken/shrimp fried rice and make it the only/best option. Eat it and like it or else!!!!!

What if you're feeling beef? Or noodles? Fried noodles? Cantonese style noodles? Pho? What about other dishes if you're eating family style? Sweet and sour pork? Beef? General Tso Chicken? Beef with Broccoli? Spicy Eggplant with Beef? With Chicken? The possibilities are endless and the decision process is tedious. You've got to get straight up Decision Matrix all up in this bitchin' Chinese restaurant.

12. impolyt_one

I can't eat seafood, bitches! Chicken fried rice or I gtfo. Never eat in a place that has pho and fried rice, or at least never order the fried rice there - that's their money maker for local mechanics who come in to get takeaway for lunch, fried rice, crab rangoon, and a coke. [​IMG]

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

What if you're feeling beef? Or noodles? Fried noodles? Cantonese style noodles? Pho? What about other dishes if you're eating family style? Sweet and sour pork? Beef? General Tso Chicken? Beef with Broccoli? Spicy Eggplant with Beef? With Chicken? The possibilities are endless and the decision process is tedious. You've got to get straight up Decision Matrix all up in this bitchin' Chinese restaurant.

All this sexy talk is making me hungry...

14. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

15. GBear

GBear Senior member

I can't eat seafood, bitches! Chicken fried rice or I gtfo. Never eat in a place that has pho and fried rice, or at least never order the fried rice there - that's their money maker for local mechanics who come in to get takeaway for lunch, fried rice, crab rangoon, and a coke. [​IMG]
    I want Pho now. Fuck, luckily it's lunch time. TOJ is the most delicious thread in SW&D. I swear, every time I'm here, I end up drooling.