1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

same as always, 7.5% off if you've ordered 5 pieces before, 15% if you've previously ordered 10.

edit: and the jackets themselves will count as 1/2 piece for anybody.

2. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Drew McSwag, can you tell us pricing and what other colors / materials we can get them in :Inlove:

+1!

3. dibango

dibango Senior member

4. socialdtk

socialdtk Senior member

^^
    I didn't know cotton was an option for this jacket. Looks amazing... and like I'll be going from 0 to 4 ToJ pieces in a two month time period.

5. impolyt_one

that's not a TOJ jacket and we're not making a cotton version... unless you want to pay that much money for an MTM cotton jacket [​IMG] (refer about 6 posts back about this thread losing it's purpose...)

6. Razele

Razele Senior member

Drew I need to bat before going to sleep hurry up and post new toj swag

7. jslade

jslade Senior member

I was at Barney's this morning and tried on a Band of Outsiders x Barney's No Bunk! No Junk! collection leather bomber jacket. The quality of the leather blew me away -- and not in a good way at all. Compared to my old ToJ bomber, it felt cheap, plasticky, and not at all substantial. Asking nearly 2k for a jacket of that quality level almost seems like a crime when put in comparison to the very reasonable prices that the Temple charges for their leathers. [​IMG]

Looking forward to the anniversary models as well!

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ if that's not ToJ, don't get the posting of it here... [​IMG]

9. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Anniversary models are at my crib. I just gotta photo them up and the regular proceedings. They're brothers from different mothers - so they will be the same price and you can choose which you like - $275 each: Summerweight MA-1, and Harrington, both in technical laminate nylon. They're not 101% waterproof (as with most laminates) - they're water-resistant, meaning they shed rain quite nicely, and they're quite lightweight, 3-season windbreakers.

FUCK YES.

So a ToJ for the person who doesn't wear leather has finally arrived! Hope there is a nice shade of olive drab. When/if (very high probability) I get the nylon A-1 I'm going to be one of those guys stalking the ToJ thread. Daily emails. Looking for one-off mods, requesting ship dates, etc etc etc. I've always wanted to be that guy (8.2)

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

So a ToJ for the person who doesn't wear leather has finally arrived!
    These type of people exist?

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

These type of people exist?

oh hai[​IMG]

but i would like a leather at some point.

12. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

oh hai[​IMG]

but i would like a leather at some point.

Me too - I know I would like one and could most likely (hopefully) pull it off - but just intimated to pull the trigger on a leather without trying the fit on. So many options, I just don't know what would truly fit my frame as I like.

So I'd like to check the A-1 canvas, see how a 46/US36 fits me, and take it from there..

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

ill let drew have the final recommendation, but i can see you in a brown leather.
    something like this

[​IMG]

or the bomber with the fur, some green w+h bush pants and painted gats..DOPE

14. impolyt_one

Don't be apprehensive about sizing - there's no magic to it, nor is it hard. In fact it can be done in about 10 minutes or less, for anything. Most people overcomplicate it, but if you're on here and have a reasonably good fitting piece of clothing, that is all I need to see. Anyway, something else, the TOJ raffle draw: numbers were 1-67 (and I marked the right sides for 6 and 9, and 19 and 61 after this pic was taken) [​IMG] Video of the drawing: (my dog in there for authenticity)
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

^ ^ ^
    VIds not working for me. [​IMG]

16. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Drew was cool enough to give me a personal recommendation and I need to pull that post up...(granted this was before the new jackets were announced).

I do agree that a brown leather would be the appropriate choice for me, though, as I do tend to stick primarily to natural/earth tones. Then you have to battle the 'dad look' in a brown leather, but after seeing Tonio as well as many other rock it with ease...gives me a glimmer of hope. Thanks for your input snow...

17. impolyt_one

18. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

calling shenanigans on that drawing. - Kino bag was not shaken thoroughly - #27 was not on the table upon wiping them in the bag - The shadow of the dog is facing southeast which doesn't add up considering the time of day in Korea and the entrance of sunlight. - 27 backwards is 72. Translated to alphanumerics that would be I.J. for Inside Job......glad I dont have a pony in this race. [​IMG] (10) -- congrats to #27!

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

^ ^ ^
    [​IMG]

Grats to the winner though. Enjoy your new ToJ.

20. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

that vid is great, beagle is awesome!