• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote using 'Temple' with a subline that you can remove later (get that google rank up), keep the hieroglyphic it's dope, plus when you blow up it will be that little secret you had with your original swagfiends. ToJ logo would work as awesome branding, wouldn't even have 'Temple' written, just that ToJ glyph in gold embroidery. Things I would love from the Temple: Leather Jackets -Suede covered placket bomber with fur and or shearling collar (Grey calf suede with detatchable wolf fur would be ******* unbelievable) -Suede Harrington -Minimalist Moto with non-zipped lower pockets and no upper pockets, hidden snap collar an hidden snap arm closing arms bands -Minimalist washed lamb leather shirt jacket (hidden placket, band cuff) (even let people wash it themselves as it's way too much ******* aroud for your current op) Wool pants (the demo you made was really nice and I would love two pairs) -In lame basic wools -In interesting patterns and checks (maybe if you had more space, buying runs of obscure/rare/vintage/well designed fabric for more 'MTO operations') Jackets -M65 jacket in wool -Hidden placket chesterfield -Hidden placket overcoat -Single breasted trench -Double breasted trench Leather goods -Wallets (bigger billfolds) -Document holders (simple a4 zip around ones) (would get a couple atleast) -Passport / Moleskin Covers (simple zip arounds) -Soft duffel bag -Soft briefcase (sorta like prada saffiano) Loungewear -Hoodie (ToJ leather detailing, leather pulls etc) -Sweatpants -Sweatshirts -Five pack white T's (I remember you saying you would need to do big orders) Also: Allow peope to pay surcharges for more design options (covered placket bomber, wolf fur) and letting people show interest via polls or preorders. I think people make you jump through hoops for no money for crazy customization (varsities lol) and some people (like me) would be happy to pay more for those options (with you discretion, of course) this would also allow you to 'see how things turn out' like my minimalist DR coming off the secret menu and onto the main
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Wool pants (the demo you made was really nice and I would love two pairs) -In lame basic wools -In interesting patterns and checks (maybe if you had more space, buying runs of obscure/rare/vintage/well designed fabric for more 'MTO operations') Jackets -M65 jacket in wool -Single breasted trench Leather goods -Document holders (simple a4 zip around ones) (would get a couple atleast) -Soft duffel bag Also: Allow peope to pay surcharges for more design options (covered placket bomber, wolf fur) and letting people show interest via polls or preorders.
My priority list if these ideas are ever put in action.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No I wish I did though

Im southern hemisphere so never ordered fishtail but Ill get one for next winter when drew brings them back or someone sells a navy in medium or large

It's not really sold in Australia (fur or sheathing) as environmentalism is pervasive and invasive here to the max

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also I sorta want to help the temple in some way, so if there is anything I can do Drew let me know (or willy for the unofficial blog stuff)

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
monarch banshee
sans egal (unequaled)
lines construct?

saw some architect firm called "lines FAZ", thought it sounded nice. lines toj
redface.gif

lines<_________>

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
at razeles shitlist, do we want TOJ to become a crappy lifestyle brand? jeeze. the last thing I want to see TOJ do is hoodies sweats and tees. drew works best when he is focusing on a few very specialized particular pieces, usually outerwear. I don't care to see him stray too far from this, though I don't doubt TOJ slacks could be fruitful, I'd rather see drew dedicate himself to further perfecting the outerwear game.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really know how t shirts make you a lifestyle brand, as that would then include MMM, Raf, Jil
, Geller, Schneider etc

I'm not saying lame basic ala WvsG but I love ToJ reimaginings of everything, fishtail and chesterfield really opened my eyes to that

Also I think outerwear is the strongest ATM because that's were Drew is putting his energy, loved what I've seen in other things tho, pants were awesome IMO and leathergoods have been outstanding

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The reason I have tended to stick with outerwear relates back to the original Temple of Jawnz - ToJ as a concept where me and winq were living together and we had a house full of amazing clothes, that ToJ - that was when we determined that outerwear was first and foremost. If you have a great leather jacket on, you don't need to worry about much else - get a white tee, get some jeans you wear everyday, get a pair of shoes you like, you're set. For me that's a black leather jacket, a white tee, worn in APCs, and a pair of white MMM trainers or white laceup shoes (I've gone from APC X Sander's, Repetto zizi, BBBF Peal and Co by C+J on that end) - uniform look. It always comes back to that. Styleforum dudes talk about swagger and being comfortable with yourself and repeat mantras about how you have to exude self confidence - well, looking fly in a uniform that you're really used to and have worn-in nicely - it doesn't get any better than that.
To add on to that then, well, a nice bag ups your game, maybe another layer inside, etc. Obviously, leather is not fully 3 or 4 season - so we offer the wool coats, we will make some lightweight jackets here, TOJ is not a lifestyle-shaping brand, I'm making stuff that fits a specific purpose for specific people and fills your existing needs. I'm pretty firmly entrenched here and on sufu and have been as a member for years, so I do know how you dudes want to dress and what you want - because I am the same way about clothes.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn. well said.

makes me want to wear nothing but a toj, white t, denim and sneakers.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was reading on SuFu last year that you wanted to do all kinds of stuff, like a full line?

I didn't know that changed. Oh well. Kop more Geller.

I don't really get the whole 'all outerwear' game as living in QLD means you gotta have alot of light jackets and flexible stuff, so knits are easy here, cardigans, unlined jackets, but I won't really ever need more then a single overcoat at most

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You guys live in a land down under...
redface.gif
so I understand the outer thing. But I won't put out a single thing unless I really like it and would wear it myself (if I had time to make my own, that is) - or to say that I design it for myself and my tastes in dressing, and hope you like it.
redface.gif
To put out all the small finicky stuff - well, some brands need to do it because stores pick their buys, etc - right now I don't need to, it's more along the lines of a restaurant having a too-long menu - and you know how that tends to be, doesn't work and it gets confusing and everyone front to back loses focus. Wouldn't you rather I be really good at steak and a couple sides, for example, than to have steak, chicken, lamb, vegan, pasta, asian-inspired, etc, all on one menu?
redface.gif

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha another food analogue

Yeah man I get it, I just thought people were putting in thier wishlist and thought you wanted to go big with the name change and all

Any say on my upcharge for custom idea? Would love that so much, and I guess would stop dicks from expecting the world for nothing? Which sounds like a legit problem from threads on here and SuFu

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Food analogies are the most delicious ones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads