TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

I hope this isn't considered spamming, but I have a brown fur collar that I ordered form the Temple about a month ago that I'd like to sell. It was made for the original bomber in size 50 (if that makes a difference, which I think it does). It has never been attached to any jacket and has been untouched in my closet since I got it. I thought I'd make good use of it, but I haven't been able stop wearing my bomber long enough to get the thing put on and I really don't wear it enough in the winter to justify the collar (Chicago winters...). Let me know.

2. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

I hope this isn't considered spamming, but I have a brown fur collar that I ordered form the Temple about a month ago that I'd like to sell. It was made for the original bomber in size 50 (if that makes a difference, which I think it does). It has never been attached to any jacket and has been untouched in my closet since I got it. I thought I'd make good use of it, but I haven't been able stop wearing my bomber long enough to get the thing put on and I really don't wear it enough in the winter to justify the collar (Chicago winters...). Let me know.
    Ha, post it up in the buying/selling subforum dude - it'll prob go pretty quick Edit Actually scratch that - not sure if sz-50 collars would fit on other bombers...?

3. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

If you haven't put in an order, it's already too late.

I ordered mine on Feb 13th or 14th and did not get the fur collar.

suicidal thoughts[​IMG] someone sell me their 46

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

suicidal thoughts[​IMG] someone sell me their 46
    The bomber still looks great with the regular collar though. I have a brown bomber with the fur and a whiskey bomber without the fur. I love both.

5. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Yeah I will. The fur collar talk here just got me thinking that I should pass it on to someone who will use it.

6. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

7. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

@impolyt_one;

I have another question about your plans for the shearling jackets.

You mentioned that the shearling you're looking at can easily run 3-4x the price of the NZ lamb that you use. Even though a design/sustainable supply hasn't been finalized, and the cost of raw goods doesn't necessarily determine the final price, should a jacket that is 3-4x the usual price of a ToJ be expected?

I want to know how much dough I should expect to have ready for when you guys start taking orders. [​IMG]

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Alright, a quick break from all the brand naming. Quick fit pics...

Brown lamb collared moto.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Grey suede calf MDR.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Lamb is buttery soft, it is insane how soft it is, I could literally sleep with it on. Collar is kind of weird though, it doesn't start where the zipper ends, there is a piece of leather that elevates it which gives it a bigger than usual look. And don't worry about the narrowness of the sleeves on the pic, it is just cinched in the back a bit because of how soft it is, it look smuch better irl. But in the end, it doesn't matter because the way Drew design the cuffs, it can be converted to be widened by simply unzipping it. I love the button option.

The grey suede calf is just plain badass, I didn't expect to like it more than the collared moto but I definitely do.

One complaint I have though is the shoulders on the MDR is 16.8" and the one on the moto is 17" but the collared moto is at least .75" longer, I think it is a tad big compared to the MDR. There are also minor things that I could get real picky about but overall, jackets s great, quality of the leather and the hardware is really good.

9. bony boy

bony boy Well-Known Member

Grey suede calf MDR.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

OMG that grey suede double rider. [​IMG]

11. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

OMG that grey suede double rider. [​IMG]

yes

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

@impolyt_one;

I have another question about your plans for the shearling jackets.

You mentioned that the shearling you're looking at can easily run 3-4x the price of the NZ lamb that you use. Even though a design/sustainable supply hasn't been finalized, and the cost of raw goods doesn't necessarily determine the final price, should a jacket that is 3-4x the usual price of a ToJ be expected?

I want to know how much dough I should expect to have ready for when you guys start taking orders. [​IMG]

I don't know off the top of my head. It will definitely have to be over a stack, because materials will cost more than half that. A square of shearling is 12 bucks (NZ and French lamb is 3-4 bucks a square, which is high in terms of leather - there are crappy leathers that cost 50 cents a square) and you need 50 squares for a jacket, so do the math on that, that is not including the hardware or labor (expensive), or shipping (not so expensive but still high). Figure that I have to price it so that I can afford to remake the same exact order again if things go awry and not lose my ass, and we're in a good deal above a stack. Like I said, it'll be expensive and I don't expect to make tons. [​IMG] It'll be nice though.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Grey suede calf MDR.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Lamb is buttery soft, it is insane how soft it is, I could literally sleep with it on. Collar is kind of weird though, it doesn't start where the zipper ends, there is a piece of leather that elevates it which gives it a bigger than usual look. And don't worry about the narrowness of the sleeves on the pic, it is just cinched in the back a bit because of how soft it is, it look smuch better irl. But in the end, it doesn't matter because the way Drew design the cuffs, it can be converted to be widened by simply unzipping it. I love the button option.

The grey suede calf is just plain badass, I didn't expect to like it more than the collared moto but I definitely do.

One complaint I have though is the shoulders on the MDR is 16.8" and the one on the moto is 17" but the collared moto is at least .75" longer, I think it is a tad big compared to the MDR. There are also minor things that I could get real picky about but overall, jackets s great, quality of the leather and the hardware is really good.

Good fits. Mold the collar on the Collared Moto a bit so that it has more vertical stand and doesn't spread flat.

As for measurement discrepancies, often times measuring DR's can be harder than other jackets because of the angled zip - the same guy made both jackets and in the pattern laid out, both would've been cut to the exact measurements - but when you lay a tape down on a DR, it will tighten up smaller if you zip it all the way - I think that would be about the .75" different you're talking about. With the zip closed only a third or so, a DR will measure wider s2s.

14. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Grey suede calf MDR.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Nah, I think the moto looks better with the slightly lower shoulder and would expect it to be slightly longer as well
    Collar needs some breaking in, but that's been touched on already
    Nice fits on both, beautiful jackets

15. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

I don't know off the top of my head. It will definitely have to be over a stack, because materials will cost more than half that. A square of shearling is 12 bucks (NZ and French lamb is 3-4 bucks a square, which is high in terms of leather - there are crappy leathers that cost 50 cents a square) and you need 50 squares for a jacket, so do the math on that, that is not including the hardware or labor (expensive), or shipping (not so expensive but still high). Figure that I have to price it so that I can afford to remake the same exact order again if things go awry and not lose my ass, and we're in a good deal above a stack. Like I said, it'll be expensive and I don't expect to make tons. [​IMG] It'll be nice though.
    I can't wait to see what you guys do with this stuff. Do you already have a supplier waiting to ship out to you guys? Or are you still shopping around?