TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Pitman

Pitman Senior member

Grey Baseball Varsity looks good. But the tan suede was love at first sight.

2. echau

echau Senior member

I think a Minimalist Double Rider in wool or canvas would be pretty interesting.

Is the Uncontrol DR no longer happening?

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Is the Uncontrol DR no longer happening?

would be heartbroken if this was true. i'm just waiting to hear from drew on what next

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Quilt DRs and BCDRs are being made at the beginning of this week and then we're back to making 2011 DR's and doing the cycle again. More updates later.

Does that mean there is a slight chance some 2011 DR's could be made by end of week...?

5. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I would like ToJ to make pants. Nice wool pants.

Also:
    Black chesterfield with leather peak lapel, hidden buttons on front and cuffs. Maybe pocketless. Slight pagoda shoulder, sleeves that flare a bit at the end. I'm imagining this in a boiled wool or something. Aggressive and minimal.

Maybe this one is more stupid, but I want a leather jacket with a shawl collar. Something slightly cropped and elegant.

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Does that mean there is a slight chance some 2011 DR's could be made by end of week...?

I'll say maybe because we will get one or two or maybe a few DRs done later this week, but I don't know who is who in what order. I know LPatterson asked about his collared moto, I saw that today, all collared motos from the first run are done. WhoKnewI's jacket is done as well, that's about 4 jackets in total that were finished between Friday morning and Monday morning when we went back in to check. Working on quilt DR's and gdl's jacket right now at the present, and getting some more leather supplies.

We date all the orders in the log, so don't worry dus, we are aware of the time ordered/turnout time. [​IMG]

7. LPatterson

LPatterson Senior member

Collared Moto arrived today and I feel like a Korean popstar. Thanks TOJ / Farm F*ckers / Eyes of Delirium / Hexorigamitorix / Swag Jesuses whatever you end up calling yourselves. Seriously, some good ish, and I forgot that I was getting a tote too!
    Starting to develop an irrational hatred of recent collared moto recepients. Want mine [​IMG] Any recommendations on how to mold the collar without giving it a bath?

8. impolyt_one

Any recommendations on how to mold the collar without giving it a bath?

Hang it on collar zipped up when not in use; if you want to, use a rubber band of the right size to kind of hold the roll of the collar in place, around the middle of the collar's height. It should roll from the top of the collar to the tip like a flipped out woman's hairdo.

9. GBear

GBear Senior member

I'll say maybe because we will get one or two or maybe a few DRs done later this week, but I don't know who is who in what order. I know LPatterson asked about his collared moto, I saw that today, all collared motos from the first run are done. WhoKnewI's jacket is done as well, that's about 4 jackets in total that were finished between Friday morning and Monday morning when we went back in to check. Working on quilt DR's and gdl's jacket right now at the present, and getting some more leather supplies.

We date all the orders in the log, so don't worry dus, we are aware of the time ordered/turnout time. [​IMG]

Drew, I am thinking my MDR is in the second batch as it wasn't in the first. Who do I contact for an address change? I am potentially moving out of country but won't know for sure until the end of this week.

10. impolyt_one

Drew, I am thinking my MDR is in the second batch as it wasn't in the first. Who do I contact for an address change? I am potentially moving out of country but won't know for sure until the end of this week.

Good point; send that to both the TOJ email for a record, plus send me a copy to my pm box here, so that I stay on top of that. dizz is the one who writes out the EMS slips. Tell us what day you expect to be at your new address as well, and if we need to hold on to your jacket until a certain date or something.

11. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

for future ideas:
    I'm all for the bag idea.

and what about a twist on the classic trench?
    (edit, not a leather trench)

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

13. Perpetual Monotony

Perpetual Monotony Active Member

double breasted trench with leather belt and lapels

He mentioned a single-breasted mac I think, but yeah a double-breasted trench would be the best thing ever.

14. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

looking to buy a grey lamb moto size 48

15. impolyt_one

there aren't too many grey motos out there still, just a very small handful, like 4 maybe - BrianSD, Vashin, Big Pun's, and the one APK had.

I'm still looking for the right fabric to do a DB trench in. I know how I want to pattern it, I just don't have the perfect fabric for it.