TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I've got production on current orders pretty buckled down and pumping stuff out at a nice pace every week, and now we have a completely new production crew ready to make new stuff; so the question is.... what should we make? Suggestions welcomed. I've got some stuff I want to make and then I want to make some stuff you guys want to see made.

2. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Grey looks pretty good. Might go with that for my A1 if green doesn't work out.

3. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

A bit different from the TOJ offerings so far, but would be awesome to see a silk cashmere blend cardigan. Dyed a certain colour, then dipped in indigo dye to get a sort of surface that peels (no idea how it really works) [​IMG]

4. impolyt_one

We can't make knits (still), that is a huge factory undertaking. I'm talking cut and sew garments still...

5. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Ohhh, okay [​IMG]

I think the moto would be pretty cool in a lightweight waxed cotton version.

6. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

ToJ's take on a BDU jacket
    Rain Parka/Slicker

7. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

Lightweight cotton jacket in line w/ the MA-1 or Harrington (or even a re-run/re-work of those) would be my top pick I know some guys were talking about a TOJ mac earlier and that sounded pretty sweet also
    Ohhh, okay [​IMG] I think the moto would be pretty cool in a lightweight waxed cotton version.
    This also sounds good to me

8. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Really wish trenchcoats were an alternative. Have trouble finding a well made slim trench for a reasonable price.

9. impolyt_one

I am gonna make a single breasted labcoat style Mac soon. I have wanted to make an out and out rip of this old N. Hoolywood coat for a long time now. I barely remember the details of it now, so it's probably not gonna look the same, but there was a takeaway from it that I can use as a basis for something I want to make.

10. Wang03

Wang03 Well-Known Member

in line with what many others have said, something that'll serve well for those nasty spring/summer/fall showers. I hate the rain [​IMG]

11. diamonds

diamonds Senior member

I am gonna make a single breasted labcoat style Mac soon. I have wanted to make an out and out rip of this old N. Hoolywood coat for a long time now. I barely remember the details of it now, so it's probably not gonna look the same, but there was a takeaway from it that I can use as a basis for something I want to make.
    the one winq wore?

12. impolyt_one

oui

13. Jared7

Jared7 Senior member

My name suggestion:

Krooked Teeth

Based it on a zipper concept. Drew seems to know A LOT about zips and zips also represent outerwear, which TOJ is renowned for. And symbolically zips bring together 2 sides: this can represent the brand bringing consumers to an affordable world of well fitted & amazingly designed clothing. (And hopefully the name has a quirky, playful nature which would work in Japan!)

A quick logo concept I mocked up:
    [​IMG]

14. impolyt_one

I wish I didn't have to know so much about zips. [​IMG] I have dreams about zippers sometimes. These name suggestions with mockup logos look much more official and nice.... however I don't want to live in Japan and have a brand named 'Krooked Teeth' because I will inevitably offend somebody over there sooner or later. [​IMG] Also, not everything has zippers. :p nice on the: -logo -misspelling (helps with google search) so-so on -name try again?

15. impolyt_one

I'm being serious btw - my girlfriend has nice teeth actually, but if I ever mention anything about Japan and crooked teeth, I get punched [​IMG]