TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. sahbryant

sahbryant Senior member

"Sorrow waited, Sorrow won"

2. legendofthepanda

legendofthepanda Well-Known Member

3. ThomasoAIK

ThomasoAIK Senior member

Tbone O(original) Juice

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

5. nickelcobalt

nickelcobalt Senior member

Berserker

"...Norse warriors who... fought in a nearly uncontrollable, trance-like fury..."
    "The name berserker arose from their reputed habit of wearing a kind of shirt or coat (Old Norse: serkr) made from the pelt of a bear (Old Norse: ber-) during battle."

6. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

more like bearserker AMIRITE

7. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

Lazarus
    Demijawnz
    Snowmen
    Stacked like pancakes
    Weekend warriors
    Evil geniuses
    Ninjas in pajamas

Some of those are from old counter-strike teams haha

8. linkinwayne

Unrelated, but I've always wanted to start a denim brand under the name of Genii Jeans

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Drew,

Is there a big difference in term of quality/product execution from your first item made and the current offerings? Just curious.

10. FrankieGT

FrankieGT Active Member

How do you guys feel about Charly's sleeve length recommendations?

I have a well fitting nylon jacket, and the sleeves on that measure 27.5" inches. I gave Charly the measurements of a well fitting button-up shirt, and the sleeves were 26.75" inches long. Based on those measurements, Charly recommended a sleeve length of 29.8" inches.

What I want to know is if anyone else thought the sleeve length Charly recommended them was too long, and if so, did they go with his recommendation anyways or did they ask for a shorter length? Were you happy with the result?

11. shirokon

shirokon Member

Quick question and sorry if it was already discussed previously but do any of you use leather conditioner for your TOJ pieces? Recommendations welcome if you are using any. Thanks!

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

How do you guys feel about Charly's sleeve length recommendations?

I have a well fitting nylon jacket, and the sleeves on that measure 27.5" inches. I gave Charly the measurements of a well fitting button-up shirt, and the sleeves were 26.75" inches long. Based on those measurements, Charly recommended a sleeve length of 29.8" inches.

What I want to know is if anyone else thought the sleeve length Charly recommended them was too long, and if so, did they go with his recommendation anyways or did they ask for a shorter length? Were you happy with the result?

Charly has been 5 out 5 so far. When I get my horse hide, I'm sure he will be 6 out of 6 then.

If you are not sure why he gave you that measurement, then perhaps you should ask him directly.

To the dude asking about conditioning the leather, I believe only horse hide needs conditioning once in a while. The calf and lamb don't.

13. zaff

zaff Well-Known Member

Artifix
    Mast
    Karst
    Vergent
    Sapward
    Midnight Veil
    Last Veld

14. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

I have two different concepts regarding the naming of TOJ that I want to share about. These two ideas behind a future TOJ name is really from my personal perspective but I believe this way of thinking about TOJ can be applied across all current and future members of the TOJ club.

The first name:

Temple of Arma (latin for gear, armour, arms etc)

or

Temple of Arms

Basically I envision TOJ as not just a 'brand' for clothing but sort of a 'place' to grab gear when I want to go out and kick-ass in life. I see my TOJ group of clothing as sort of a modern day armoury of jawnz. It is still more than just an armoury, it is also a temple. You sort of have to 'buy-in' to TOJ.

The second concept or idea is a bit geekier.

TOJ sometimes reminds me of perks or like enhancement from video games/D&D/whatever. When I'm wearing my moto I feel like I'm bulletproof, wearing spartan armour or some shit like that. Those who have TOJ leathers will know the feeling. It's like a +1 to swag, and it goes along with Drew's hold idea of going 'next level' or just levelling up.

So I was thinking something along the lines of:

Experience Point

or

Perquisite (which is what perk stands for)

I'm not happy with any of the names but I thought I'd share what I think the idea of TOJ is to me (I also think of it as sort of futuristic ivy) and see what you guys think. Even though trying to keep name development for TOJ secret so I can get some leather, I think as a collective we can think of a sickt name. (always an opensource concept)

15. linkinwayne

After the latest spam thread, I realized the best replacement name would be SMFUL

It stands for Small Medium and Fucking Utilitarian Large