1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

New measuring guide is in my head still, need to cop a frontal image of a torso to show the exact points to measure and then I can add in the math, it's just a set of the averaged ratios I got back from people (which were all almost exactly the same numbers, person to person) [​IMG] Anybody who thinks that they could do a better job than me of making a jpeg that points out where to measure on the body for TOJ, is welcome to make that pro bono and post it. [​IMG] You guys know my pshop skill levels. [​IMG]

2. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

It's weak that your guy would make up a sample of the baseball and then cause trouble once you went to production. Just the price of doing business I guess. Still very much looking forward to mine..[​IMG]

3. impolyt_one

It's weak that your guy would make up a sample of the baseball and then cause trouble once you went to production. Just the price of doing business I guess.
    Still very much looking forward to mine..[​IMG]

Wasn't anything to do with the jackets really, just about him wanting to be the middleman we don't need. Just a money thing. Koreans like to fight about money. [​IMG]

4. about11oclock

Quoth Danny Devito in Heist: "Everyone loves money. That's why they call it money."
    Mamet FTW.

5. impolyt_one

Sounds like Guinand to me. http://www.guinand-watch.com . Founded by Helmut Sinn founder of Sinn Watches (he sold the company a few years back). Sinn still does a great job without him, too.
    Thought about this analogy too, WhoKnewI turned me onto Guinand. I haven't seen a design I like from them though and they're kinda busy looking, so I didn't want to compare it to TOJ... [​IMG] Somehow I like all the Sinn flieger-type x56 watches, not really into the Guinands. They seem to be about as equally hard to buy overseas as TOJ, though, so maybe there is something there... [​IMG] (And the Uncontrol Rider is like some sort of 50mm watch with all of the complications possible [​IMG])

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

7. Razele

Razele Senior member

Hey Drew

Was going to send you a long email about sending payment and the deets I need, you still alright to answer today? Otherwise I'll wait till you get back

8. impolyt_one

Yeah send me an email man. Emails will still get attended to, without any interruption to my regular schedule.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Thinking of a new names, if you're still looking Drew, and I came up with "Sow" or "S o W"? The word reminds you of sewing. It can also stand for Statement of Work, which "is a formal document that captures and defines the work activities, deliverables and timeline a vendor will execute against in performance of specified work for a client." That reminds me somewhat of how ToJ works. SoW could also stand for Sentiment of Work, which is pretty self explanatory.

Just throwing ideas out there.

10. about11oclock

...eh. could also be a pregnant cow....

11. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

Gawd, tracking my ToJ, it's currently...."Handed over to Customs USSFOA - Customs retention reason : Other"

Should I be worried? Anyone have any experience on how long it sits at customs once it's "retained"..... ?

edit: NVM, it looks like it just left customs.. man.. I should stop obsessively checking the tracking...-.-

me too

i'm probably gonna tackle the mail lady tomorrow morning because i'm expecting it...i'm gonna have the curtains open watching for her to come up to the doorstep...walking my dogs every half hour looking down the street for her

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

...eh. could also be a pregnant cow....

Cow... calf... leather... it's all relative!

13. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

At this point I can't picture anything other than TOJ being the name

It just feels right

14. bony boy

bony boy Well-Known Member

Thinking of a new names, if you're still looking Drew, and I came up with "Sow" or "S o W"? The word reminds you of sewing. It can also stand for Statement of Work, which "is a formal document that captures and defines the work activities, deliverables and timeline a vendor will execute against in performance of specified work for a client." That reminds me somewhat of how ToJ works. SoW could also stand for Sentiment of Work, which is pretty self explanatory.

Just throwing ideas out there.

How about SoS - Statement of Swag?

15. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

it's not gonna have "swag" in it.

and it has to be google-able.

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The word swag is getting played out, it'll bw irrelevant and corny in a year or two.

17. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

it's irrelevant and corny now.

i always thought people were saying it with at least a hint of irony.

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yah, I don't think anyone really took the word seriously. I thought the reason Drew wants to change the name was due to the word "jawnz" and it is pretty much on the same level as the word "swag."

19. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

well howsabout temple of johns tons of appeal and controversy [​IMG] [​IMG] how bout "alter" >>as in rewrite/change but still has the old connotation of temple from toj. drew "rewrites" classic designs and upgrades them, hence "alter" fuck you wearing bro?? -alter could spell it as "altier" looks like atelier and would get misspell hits on google. FUCK WE FOUND IT DREW. feel free to send the leather in the mail. [​IMG]

20. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The word swag is getting played out, it'll bw irrelevant and corny in a year or two.
    I thought this was played out years ago when "Swagger Like Us" came out.