TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

heh, I guess it isn't common knowledge that I was born and raised in philly lol I'm down for some PYT and no libs action when I'm back
    Say it isn't so? Our own ToJ measurement guru? Most excellent [​IMG] Definitely check in whenever you're back in town. Maybe you can come back in the next two weeks and personally deliver my whiskey bomber!

2. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

charly, didn't know. was wondering why you knew exactly what part of philly I lived in dude, haha. let me know when you get stateside. would love to swig scotch with you.

3. stick

stick Senior member

Any updates re: bcdr fit pics and/or possibly a sample pic of the diamond quilting?

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

mega's fit is good. Would not really be wearable much tighter, because that suede was very thick. That jacket is particularly heavy.

There hasn't been any other samples made of the BCDR yet besides the one I showed. If people want to see other configurations in that, then it's up to the people who've ordered the BCDR to decide if they want production to go forward (gdl got one without inserts, ie plain, so for his jacket there isn't a need to see the other quilt patterns) or to pause and see another sample, which I'd make. That jacket has a lot in it and could be done several ways.

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

mega's fit is good. Would not really be wearable much tighter, because that suede was very thick. That jacket is particularly heavy.

There hasn't been any other samples made of the BCDR yet besides the one I showed. If people want to see other configurations in that, then it's up to the people who've ordered the BCDR to decide if they want production to go forward (gdl got one without inserts, ie plain, so for his jacket there isn't a need to see the other quilt patterns) or to pause and see another sample, which I'd make. That jacket has a lot in it and could be done several ways.

so does this look like mega's jacket?

6. stick

stick Senior member

^
    The 1/2" channel stitching up top is really busy, if it's off-putting to you, just oft for it to be plain inserts, or plain 1-piece sleeve/1 piece front with no inserts.
    Also:
    Will there ever be any fit pics of the bcdr?
    yeah, I took some.. I should get those up.
    [​IMG]

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I vowed not to post in this thread until Xmas, but the damage is done..I bought my watch already haha. So I guess I can come back to whore in the thread some.

Tonight is my last presentation for the semester. Professor has taken off the dress code restriction so I'm coming in the ToJ DR and MMMs.

8. impolyt_one

What watch you buy dude? [​IMG]

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I went with IWC IW371401. The white/gold combination is too killer. I originally wanted IW500114 since it has a date box, but the watch is just too big for my wrist. If I can control myself with sporatic buys until Xmas, I will get another one for my Bday. I want a Panerai really bad but my wrist is too small to rock one I think. [​IMG]

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

With the exception of posting pix when my item gets in, I'm going on a hiatus from this thread because I need to save my $$ for expensive buys in the next couple of months. See you dudes around Xmas 2011. [​IMG]

oh, you'll be back... [​IMG]

Who had 3 days?

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Who had 3 days?
    [​IMG]
    I'm a weakling. [​IMG]

12. impolyt_one

Iwc 3714 [​IMG] - let that boy cook

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

It's not here yet though. No one has it in stock so I had to order one. 2-4 months is the wait time. ToJ all over again. [​IMG] PS can't wait to see what the horse looks like in real life.

I will be visiting the homeland in about 3 weeks so living in a 3rd world country for a while should save me money, haha.

I'll try to pick up a nice gift for the ToJ team.

14. GBear

GBear Senior member

Nice choice on the IWC. Pam, not so much, I never liked the look of any Pams. :/

I might have to chance the shipping address for my 2011 DR soon. I will be moving in like 2 weeks out of country.

15. echau

echau Senior member

Which Panerai are you looking at?
    The Portuguese has a 41mm dial, but I'd argue that it wears pretty big since there's practically no bezel.
    If the Portuguese works for you, I think a PAM should be no problem.
    Of course you'll never know till you've tried it on.

I was comfortable with my 36mm Datejust, but I had no problems transitioning to 40mm (Sub) or 42mm (Speedy), so the jump from 41mm to 44mm might not be that big a deal for you. Especially considering the IWC wears larger than it really is.