1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

You're right, it'd be much more helpful to discuss the size and shape of the giant penis on www.drewkeith.com.

2. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

Screw D(ic)K!

We are never getting our jackets, let alone our money.

I hope he jumps off one of those tall skyscrapers in SK (like he said he was in his teary story). Good riddance D(ic)K.

3. outlawcowboy

outlawcowboy Well-Known Member

Does anyone want to buy my spot?

6 people like this.
  4. gong

gong Senior member

still gonna try his curry recipe scum bag or not

1 person likes this.
  5. StPauli

StPauli Senior member

Please let us know what color your diarrhea is at the end.

6. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

He isn't a good person. He will neither deliver the product we paid for nor will he face any legal trouble. He absconded with hundreds of thousands of USD with nary a backwards glance and has gotten away scot-free. He is a terrible human being who doesn't deserve your defence or your pity.

If you're friends with Dan still, I'm sure he can fill you in on what a good person drew keith is.

2 people like this.
  7. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Yeah I realize now that I worded that post a bit too kindly, and I understand why people are taking issue with it, having been scammed out of their money. Sucks. :(

1 person likes this.
  8. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Great, now please give us some updates from his facebook/instagram/general gossip

9. althanis

althanis Senior member

Why don't you give the jerk a ring and ask him why's he's done what he's done, and how he's going to fix it?

And you're not going to get an ounce of sympathy from anyone here, so mourn the loss of the person you knew somewhere else.

2 people like this.
  10. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

So where do we stand in terms of legal action?
    Dieworkwear and his crew still working on it?

11. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Because I have no affiliation with him now and have no way to get in touch with him. I'm only just learning everything from Reddit. I would help if I could.

12. SuperFamicom

SuperFamicom Well-Known Member

Appreciate it and don't feel too jarred by us all jumping on you like a pack of hyenas. We're frustrated about losing money over nothing even if we've made our peace with the fact it's gone and we have nothing to show for it.

13. Shinoda

Shinoda Well-Known Member

Brian, maybe you can reconnect with him on fb?

But truth be told guys, chances aren't looking too good here. I mean, there's no way the local authorities are willing to do anything bout overseas transactions, plus I think all the money is gone.

From what I've read during my years at superfuture, he seems like a decent fellow with a penchant for the finer things in life, though it seems he couldn't afford it at the time. It seems he had a good thing with TOJ, but I think after a while he began to take it for granted and wanted more in life. I guess greed must've taken over, like anybody could've given his position then.

Had he been born in a more privileged family, I'm sure he's a decent guy.

Sorry for your losses, fellas.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  14. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

15. milesshen

milesshen Well-Known Member

I don't see how privilege would make him more of a decent person. If anything, being born in a less privileged family would technically make him more aware of his wrongdoing..

16. Shinoda

Shinoda Well-Known Member

At least he won't need to scam anyone in order to afford the finer things he like, like those cigars, cars etc. those things would've been provided by his parents / allowances.

17. sleepless

sleepless Senior member

I don't know who you hang out with, but no one I know has parents paying for cigars for their 30 year old son. Affluence much more often than not makes a person more entitled, spoiled, and unappreciative of the value of hard work. All qualities Drew already seems to have in spades.

18. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

The money is all in Libertine and they've been uncooperative with us so far, despite promises early on that they'd help us. They have some info about Drew that I need and haven't been willing to respond to my messages. Really disappointed in everyone over there, to be honest.

2 people like this.
  19. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

They probably want to help but are afraid of doing anything that puts their name in a potential lawsuit. I imagine lack of legal experience compounds that. They're also going to feel it's unfair to go after money that they didn't know was scammed out of customers in the first place.

What exactly are we looking for as an end result? That they sell Drew's share in the restaurant and give you the money from his share to distribute to customers with unfulfilled orders?

20. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I don't really want to argue back and forth about tactics, as it's kind of pointless. But I need some info from the Libertine guys and they've been uncooperative. As far as I understand it, the penalty for libel in South Korea is $5,000. Which isn't a lot of money considering how much of their restaurant was funded by ToJ customers. I also would happily keep their names anonymous for any info they gave me, as I've done for everyone else who has provided me information (some of who live in S. Korea and/ or are former friends/ associates of Drew).

2 people like this.