1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

+1. All that, plus maybe links to this thread and related ones like Reddit posts. Make sure you add enough info so that search terms put your webpage at or near the top of Google hits and you've got a nice platform to broadcast what a dickhead DK is.

2. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

So why isnt drew keith being indicted for justice? what's the hold up?

3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

because north korea doesn't care about a bunch of fashion nerds in the us

4. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior member

We need to enlist Dennis Rodman.

1 person likes this.
  5. Phrost

Phrost Senior member

Man, it sucks this happened. I remember when TOJ was still in its infant stages, with the first prototype varsity to the leather jackets. I still remember suggesting to Drew in the superfuture thread to source genuine horn buttons for his prototype peacoat. Now this....

My suggestion to the mods is to edit the first post of this thread with a link to a consolidated Google Doc listing all of the people who still haven't gotten their jackets.

It would be a lot more accessible and helpful for the people who are making a case with Paypal to get their money back.

If Drew isn't sending people their jackets, then I can only guess he's not paying his affiliate fees.

To the people who've been ripped off: make sure you consolidate all of the emails you've had with the TOJ as proof.

Good luck to the people trying to get their money back.

6. meso

meso Senior member

:rimshot:

7. SuperFamicom

SuperFamicom Well-Known Member

For most of us that money's unsalvageably gone but thanks for the solidarity regardless, Phrost.

Happy new year to everyone still marinading in the shit stew together. If nothing else this whole rip-off artist saga has hopefully made us more discerning consumers. I mostly feel bad for the guys who had several jackets on order.

1 person likes this.
  8. cutemelon

cutemelon Senior member

I was at Libertine a few days ago during my vacation trip to Korea. I know he has nothing to do with it anymore, but I just thought it was interesting. The roasted duck was okay.

9. masshi

masshi Senior member

did you visit sam's hot chicken too?

1 person likes this.
  10. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

How supple were the leather benches on a scale of 1-to-butter? Any veins?

11. cutemelon

cutemelon Senior member

no I didnt know where it was. was pretty busy on my trip so I honestly didnt look.
    i sat on the side of the tables without the leather benches. I was wearing my Falcon Varsity though lol

12. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

I heard he was taking the leather off of the benches to use them to fulfill the remaining jacket orders. This way the leather is even more buttery soft and broken in.

where's my QDR [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  13. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

wut, no activity in the past week?
    this has to be a record

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I have been mostly unengaged with Styleforum for a while and just started coming back to post and read and now I'm catching up with this whole debacle. Wow.

I have known Drew for years, and he and Dan were my two best friends when I lived in Korea. I lost contact with Drew some time around his divorce, though I still know his ex wife, she never told me about any of this mess. It really hurts to see how this has all unfolded, not because he's a victim here, but because he's a good person and it's terrible to see people you know and like go through hardships like this.

I have absolutely no insight as to whether orders are being fulfilled or anything like that, just commenting on how unfortunate this all is. I hope that however it happens, he can get the jackets out to people who ordered them and avoid legal trouble.

15. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Yes must have been hard on this good person to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars of other people's money and lie about it

Poor guy

8 people like this.
  16. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

One page with a giant cock with his face on the tip seems appropriate.

17. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Well that's clearly not what I meant given that I said I don't see him as a victim in this scenario. I don't know exactly how everything went down but I suspect what was going on in his head is a far cry from the picture people are painting of him. Really sad to see what he did, just given that I know him, I'm not so keen to make assumptions about where that money went and what his intentions were.

18. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

At this point nobody gives a flying fuck what was going on in his head or what his issues were/are. The only question people want answered is "Can I just get what I ordered?" If yes, great, get crackin' and make every single person with an outstanding order whole. If no, fuck Drew Keith.

Making orders whole is the only way he could begin to restore his credibility.

This isn't rocket science. He either fixes things or he doesn't. People in this thread with skin in the game are way beyond speculating about motivations, mental issues, etc. We just want what we paid for, not stories about how DK is such a great guy and it's hard to believe this happened. Those stories aren't worth a penny, much less my $710.

2 people like this.
  19. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I didn't offer you a story in place for a fair refund and I'm not making any attempts to restore his credibility. Having just got caught up with everything that went down, I'm just a bit sad that a friend who was doing so well could fall so hard. I never asked you to care.

I'm sorry, and shocked, to hear that people have been scammed out of a significant amount of money.

2 people like this.
  20. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

I get what you're saying but keep in mind that by your own admission you've been out of the SF loop for some time.

In that time, the TOJ shit severely hit the fan and we've been racking our collective brain to figure out what to do about it. People have tried a variety of methods of redress and nothing's seemed to really work, so I hope you can appreciate that it doesn't really add anything to the conversation when someone comes to tell us how they can't believe this happened because the proprietor is a "good person" who's going through "hardships." Nobody here believes that for a second anymore. I personally don't see too much hardship in his instagram pictures, enjoying life with ~1 mil of other people's money.

I think maybe you need to take a step back and reflect that maybe Drew Keith isn't the person you thought he was.

1 person likes this.