• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few wears for everything to soften up enough to be comfy, a few months for it to get soft.

Tracking received this morning :)

ColmDawson

Reaction score
People who've got tracking in this batch and haven't mentioned when you ordered: could you post your order date?

Joey From 181

Reaction score
Just recieved tracking this morning for my August 11th order ! Did not expect to be in this batch honestly.

Joey From 181

Reaction score
Ordered 2 jackets a TOJ0 and a wool MA-1, both stock size 48. Sent payment on the 11th for both and never bothered charly with any changes or questions just forgot about them and kept it moving.

Don't know if both jackets are coming or just one but either way very excited! :)

nichet

Reaction score
I've got a toj0 ordered but I'm thinking I'd like to change it to a bcdr. Won't have the money for a while though - reckon it'd be ok to change it later this year? (ordered in feb).

Also what would be the best leather to use? The "Black front quarter horsehide"?

Melbush

Reaction score
I've got a toj0 ordered but I'm thinking I'd like to change it to a bcdr. Won't have the money for a while though - reckon it'd be ok to change it later this year? (ordered in feb).

Also what would be the best leather to use? The "Black front quarter horsehide"?
I paid a Toj0 in mid-February, and then told Charly after a couple of weeks I changed my mind and wanted to go for a QDR. He said it was ok, and I haven't paid the difference yet. So don't worry. Your jacket will not be made before months.

nichet

Reaction score

I paid a Toj0 in mid-February, and then told Charly after a couple of weeks  I changed my mind and wanted to go for a QDR. He said it was ok, and I haven't paid the difference yet. So don't worry. Your jacket will not be made before months.
thanks! Any thoughts to the best leather for this design? Black with silver hardware just like in the photo on the bcdr page.

Edit-although I'd love to see a fully blacked out on if anyone has one.

Basically thought my black Harrington gets worn in all the scenarios I'd wear the toj0

Last edited:

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered 2 jackets a TOJ0 and a wool MA-1, both stock size 48. Sent payment on the 11th for both and never bothered charly with any changes or questions just forgot about them and kept it moving.

Don't know if both jackets are coming or just one but either way very excited!
smile.gif
wow, that means my august 7th TOJ0 should be on the way soon.

chrispy650

Reaction score

Just recieved tracking this morning for my August 11th order ! Did not expect to be in this batch honestly.

Haha nice. Got me excited a little bc I had an A2 on order at that time and haven't heard of anyone with an A2 in awhile until the recent poster and he ordered in July. Oh well it's going to be too hot to wear it right now anyways.

MauriSSio

Reaction score

Which won't happen, product output is fixed. Its always the same one or two workers per jacket.
Interesting. My A2 ordered July 11 2013 still hasn't shipped. That's 48 weeks. Neither have any of the people quoting 40-50 week wait times. Perhaps you got in at the front of that surge.
My moto ordered 2/14/13 arrived 5/28/13 = 14 weeks
My varsity ordered 6/26/13 arrived 12/5/13 = 23 weeks
A2 order 7/11/3 is @ 48 weeks so far
MDR @ 24 weeks so far

I'm not theorizing to stir up anger, I'm trying to clarify the situation since TOJ isn't interested in increasing the transparency on lead times.
You still don't understand. The June/July surge ISN"T out of the way. Otherwise all the people here would be jumping for joy.

The lead times a year ago were 50+ weeks.. because they were ordered a year ago (52 weeks ago) and they still haven't arrived. QUOTED lead times were 20 weeks, yes, but obviously that was wishful thinking.

Your numbers are way off. If there was a 1500 order surge, lead times would be even longer.
I see people passing here that ordered after the surge, receiving their jackets. So the surge might just aboutbedone by now. Drew said the orders dropped in numbers by a large margin after the surge. 1500 was just an arbitrary number and you know it, that's why you chose to focus on it. Again, hypothetically speaking, If there was a surge of 1500 jackets ordered in June and then only 5 a month after that, what makes you think the lead times for the following months jackets will be longer than the 1500 jackets?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads