1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Based on what you said will they be MTM? And will a muslin trial jacket be possible to judge fit before committing?

And to keep this TOJ related what do you think of the A2? I know you mentioned you liked the DR especially with the quilting but really did not like the Moto.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yes, mtm, but no muslin Afaik. In any case, given the drastic differences in fit depending on material, I don't feel that a muslin fit would better the fit much, but would increase prices and lead times. I am a firm believer in post manufacture alterations being the best way to tweak the fit.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've only seen an A-2 once, and never inspected it in detail. It looked good on Synth, is all I call say.

4. NonChalant321

NonChalant321 Senior member

To anyone who has/had the fishtail parka: just how warm is it?

I have the Krane Emory which despite looking nice, isn't nearly as warm as I anticipated in the Northeast winters we've been getting. My Adidas down parka keeps me toasty in the same weather even with just a long sleeve t-shirt underneath (but isn't that appealing aesthetically).

Curious where the fishtail parka falls in terms of warmth.

5. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

What CC company, and did you work through the fraud department ?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  6. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Good point about the material difference. Unfortunately, tailors who work with leathers are rare though.

Yeah, but everything looks good on the 199? Genetics Lottery winner. :D

7. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

AMEX (USA). I called CS and filed a dispute. I wasn't transferred to the fraud department.

It did take me a few tries before I got a hold of someone who was willing to help me.

And I second what LA Guy said, always be polite and courteous. I didn't get my money back because of AMEX's consumer protection policy. I was way over the timeline for filing a dispute. I got my money back because of both being polite to the CS rep, and getting a hold of one that was willing to spend more than 5 min on the phone with me. I was polite to the first person but he basically laughed at me and my unfortunate situation. It's a good thing I called again. and got someone else.

1 person likes this.
  8. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

i refuse to believe synth is younger than me

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Regis is younger than I am.

1 person likes this.
  10. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

mr moo is (was?) younger than I am.

11. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

Well, he certainly acted like it.

4 people like this.
  12. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Good to know that I don't act like a petulant 8-year-old who just learned what swear words mean.

13. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

3 people like this.
  14. REDSTAR

REDSTAR Member

I called Bank of America customer support three times today, as well as PayPal, to try and file a chargeback. Basically mentioned everything people are suggesting in this thread multiple times, suggesting that mishandled money and excuses led to time frames outside of what they would typically allow, and no dice from either party. Bank of America couldn't even pull up the transaction because it was beyond a year.

So it looks like we've been duped, unfortunately. There is some law protecting merchants suggesting that customers cannot file chargebacks beyond a year's time. Pretty sucky.

1 person likes this.
  15. KuDeTa

KuDeTa Active Member

I'm having exactly the same problem in the UK.

16. Roscius

Roscius Senior member

I just tried to provide all the details they wanted which included receipts, the item i expected to receive and by when and my attempts to communicate with the seller. Surprisingly, I didn't meet much resistance when trying to lodge the dispute but maybe that only occurs during the dispute (?)

1 person likes this.
  17. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

this blows my mind.

18. dacox

dacox Senior member

Mine keeps me plenty warm during Chicago winters, even without many layers underneath.

1 person likes this.
  19. Kap120

Kap120 Senior member

Same here, wore mine all Chicago winter and was good pretty much. The super negative days I added one extra layer or something to make sure, but was pretty much always good.

20. Meis

Meis Senior member

Same. I used to have one (sold it off) and it was very warm. I actual barely used it because it was overkill for anything but the coldest days (even for Chicago winter) and so it only came out when it was single digits or below.