1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'm still confused about your answer, which was very stream of consciousness, but I found it entertaining, in any case.

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Ok.Yes or no?

HELL NO!
    FUCK 'EM!

There is another saying....
    You either smoke or get smoked!

Drew smoked a lot of people. It's not up to you to help them recover $/jackets.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  3. LA Guy

That I understood. Fuck it. I need a vacation. Someone send me $1.5M. I'll buy myself a nice villa in Italy since the economy there is fucked and I can get a bonafide villa in the mountains for under a $1M. With the additional $500K, I'll get a semi-nice car, but more importantly, I'll employ an entire kitchen staff. Real ballers don't need to go out to eat.

3 people like this.
  4. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

I'm down to chip in if you host some lavish and excessive SF gathering parties at the private villa :smarmy:

5. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

Once you're settled in, you should AirBNB that place to me. Car and kitchen staff included.

6. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

ND....a lot of people are sitting around waiting for others to push Drew to send out jackets.

Honestly...DWW and others claimed to be doing a lot to help people who didn't get jackets. I called BS early. Many people did. DWW got his shit. I commend him because he used any means necessary to get his shit. If more people did that instead of waiting for SF members to champion their cause, maybe more people would have jackets.

DWW ain't worried about your shit! I would not be....as much as he says "he does."

There is a reporter ready to hit Drew with some negative shit. Yet people hesitate.

Really!

7. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

People appreciate what you've done to control the situation so far, but that shouldn't be a shield for criticism. Yes, Dan&Charly left, but that has been the situation for a while now, and jackets are still being delivered without any reports (aside from shipping mishaps) that QC has slipped.

So why do you need to stir the pot, and give people a reason to remember their frustration when things are still moving along? When I look at your posts, how am I supposed to just ignore that you've used this thread to plug two leather jacket projects you've had direct involvement in?

2 people like this.
  8. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

Because the reporter is essentially the nuclear option. And it's pretty much guaranteed for Drew to say fuck you to everyone left if they pursue it. They're stuck between a rock and a quagmire.

Also, @omgcookielol, as much as you may dislike it, Fok can do whatever the fuck he wants as admin. Leaving this thread open for people to vent and shit is a privilege, not a right. Frankly, as TOJ is no longer an official affiliate (nor has it been for a while), it was well within Fok's right to close this thread even before the cut-off was announced, and you should appreciate that he even left it open so people could organize something, no matter how little traction it gets.

1 person likes this.
  9. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

LA Guy....

I also agree that it is VERY cheesy that you and Charly use this thread to plug a new leather jacket venture. VERY CHEESY.
    Yes...SF is your platform. You can do whatever. But you can easily open a new thread and plug both ventures there. Don't make it seem as if you don't care about what/how your MEMBERS feel which is what many people feel you you are doing.

You can solicit customers in the ToJ thread. Good for you and Charly. But that is easily down but posting a link.

2 people like this.
  10. LA Guy

I was on zillow looking up the mortgages for places like that, and honestly, you'd have to be a baller to even rent it as a vacation rental.

11. LA Guy

@MickeyPunch said that people were fucked. It's not a terrible assessment. All I did was to comment on why that might be the case.

Before you say that I don't how it feels to be ripped off, let me tell you that apart from anything that Drew owes me, that this is factually incorrect. I think that, if I had to count up all the no-pays and failure to collects throughout the years, that it would amount to $10K, possibly more. I've also been pickpocketed, as in, dome dude in Barcelona actually filched my wallet. I've also been personally ripped off by a clothier who just folded and took everything with him and essentially ceased to be on the grid. Does it feel shitty to be ripped off? Yes. It certainly does. But you have to decide how much energy you want to expend trying to remedy the situation. That should depend on your chances of recouping your losses. You should proceed accordingly, but have a very clear end poiint at which it's just not worth your time and emotional energy to actively pursue the matter anymore. If I ever get the chance to get any of my money back or get some sort of satisfaction, I certainly will, but in the meantime, I move on and don't even think about it.

fwiw, I talked about the Falcon and Luxire projects here because I felt that many people would be interested in moving on and getting something that would be similar or superior to what ToJ has offered, and from companies and people that are reputable. Also, I have no direct involvement with Falcon, except that they are now on the forum. Sorry if that upset people.

1 person likes this.
  12. LA Guy

Dude, if I didn't care how people felt, I would have close this thread down long ago, like every other (sane) forum owner. The traffic increase is marginal (a fraction of a percent of our total traffic), and it's certainly not worth the grief that I've had to deal with.

13. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

My wife and I actually got some great deals on AirBNB properties in Italy and Spain last October. We got this massive ranch home in the hills just outside of Florence for something like $150 per night.

14. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

I wonder how this new venture will affect Drew.

Quite a few people here were still reluctant to file a chargeback because they still wanted their jackets. I'm one of those.

Now there's the possibility to get the same jacket in a few weeks, with the original designs and manufacturers and with someone actually managing production. And with a 15% discount.

I just looked and I paid Drew with a UK debit card, something that allowed some people to get a refund.

15. LA Guy

Florence in the off season, and outside of the city center, is incredibly affordable. When I go, it's for work, and I need a central location, but there are suits at 5-star resorts, complete with some really decent restaurants, on the opposite side of the river, which is actually more picturesque, with great views of the city, for about $200. That's where the bespoke shoe events, etc... are all held.

16. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Close the thread, Fok. Not worth the grief. Used to be info here, but all I'm seeing are a bunch of spoiled children with poor social skills. It might be drawing a bit of traffic, but look at the type.

1 person likes this.
  17. LA Guy

I'd do that.

And before anyone accuses me of anything, I don't get paid anything to say that. If I'd been waiting for a jacket for 2 years or whatever craziness it is at now, and I had the necessary $850 or whatever it costs for your particular model - the discount, I'd just go that route and see if I could recoup my money after that.

At very least, you'd have a jacket to enjoy.

18. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

I appreciate that you've kept this thread open, and I would kindly ask that you keep it so. I don't post here much, but I am still out a good amount of money, and this is the only avenue I know of to stay updated on the situation.

Please don't let the irritating vocal minority push you into closing it.

6 people like this.
  19. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

This. And especially since a fair few that are "causing shit" here don't actually have any skin in the game.

20. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior member

[​IMG]

Yep... definitely fucked.