1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. seabrass

seabrass Well-Known Member

Jesus christ "2nd round" is still orders from July and August??

1 person likes this.
  2. cutemelon

cutemelon Senior member

looks like it

it was calculated that for drew to fulfill all orders based on previous output rate it would take 500+ days to complete. Take what you will from that

3. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

James, will you continue to hold off if Drew dribbles out jackets at about 1 per day?

4. James Hyams

James Hyams Active Member

@wklq76a - I see my role here as a watchdog, to keep business fair and ethical. There is only an issue if the customer says there is one. If I have enough dissatisfied people hit me up on the record then I am happy to proceed given that Drew has refused to communicate with us (The Korea Observer) despite acknowledging he received a letter from us, messages on this forum, and has read updates from us on this forum. Nothing has changed from our end but it seems Drew has started production again. IF you are dissatisfied with his efforts I strongly urge you to make contact with me direclty: james_hyams@hotmail.com

1 person likes this.
  5. cutemelon

cutemelon Senior member

So basically its up to people with pending orders right? So if you guys are happy with the current rate and based on your order date okay with waiting however longer it takes to get your jacket (up to 500 days) then yea i guess so. There's also a risk involved with the possibility of Drew not fulfilling orders past a certain point. I am not saying it is going to happen, but it could. The later your order date was, the higher this risk gets. If you are okay with that, i guess you can do nothing, occasionally checking the spreadsheet to see if your order ever goes into queue.

I've said before that i have my refund and jackets so i am technically out of this debacle, but i wouldn't want anyone to potentially be left at a loss in this situation. I got my DR a few weeks ago and also got a chargeback for a later order i placed (TOJ0). Before i got my DR it was put on hold before shipping out because of the drew did not know what the chargeback was for. If he had checked the emails and/or the paypal chargeback description he could have seen it was for the TOJ0 and just sent me my DR. Honestly i was a bit put off by this. It could have taken a few minutes to figure out and i would have had my jacket sooner. Personally the thing that irked me was that it didn't seem like there really was any sense of effort on Drew. At that point i was 100% sure that the chargeback was indeed the best course of action i could have made. If a chargeback had not been possible for me i would have definitely pursued any other sort of action. I might have not ended up with a jacket or my money back, but at least the person responsible shouldn't be unpunished.

I hope people reading this understand that the above is solely just my own opinion and that i may be wrong. Maybe Drew had a real reason he couldn't easily handle my situation and quickly get things sorted out. It had just been too long of a wait without any sort of truthfulness for me to keep being complacent with this situation. Im also still upset that after Drew's last "update" there was no response to what the customers wanted/needed to hear. I posted twice a small list of questions that i believed were essential and okay to disclose to the public that would help customers understand what was going on. The questions were also requoted by a few other SF members. Drew even stated that while he was liquid to produce the jackets, he wouldnt be if everyone managed to get a chargeback/refund. I had to ask "what happened to the money then?" its been stated that employees weren't being paid, Jackets weren't being produced, so where has the money gone? It seemed that there were little to no overhead costs (the only thing i can think of was the cost of having jackets held in storage for god knows how long). I can only imagine one place where the money went without any sort of response from Drew (the money went to Drew for those who can't follow). The spreadsheet is a mess, has a list of personal emails on it, it shouldn't have been necessary. Things just don't look great when you look at the situation.

I feel extremely lucky that have managed to come out of this whole, minus interest on the loan i gave Drew and over 1.5 years of headache. I truly hope everyone involved gets their jackets or at least their money. The first paragraph is facts, the second my personal experience/opinion on this matter, the third being a mix of facts and my own personal speculation. You don't have to read any of it and you certainly don't have to agree with it. Just do whatever you want.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  6. James Hyams

James Hyams Active Member

@cutemelon - Can I quote you on some parts of this please, if the article becomes necessary?

7. cutemelon

cutemelon Senior member

no. everything minus my personal experience with my chargeback is all stuff that any individual could come up with on their and is based on information that is publicly available on this thread. I am sure you could use my post as a guide to word out similar speculation but i do not give explicit permission to quote me on this.

I don't even know how that works though legally, do i have the right to not give permission to quote me on something i stated on a publicly available online resource? if i do not, then whatever i do not care, i can not force anyone to not quote me.

reminds me of beyonce's publicist asking people to remove the unflattering photos of her
    [​IMG]

8. fishtacologin

fishtacologin Senior member

This is very late to the game, but I'd really appreciate some advice on sizing if I decide to buy a secondhand TOJ0 or MA-1 down the line. Although the brand has been pretty much disgraced, I still think the jackets are really cool, and would consider picking one up if one in my size ever surfaced.

I'm on the shorter side at 167.64 cm / 5'6" and weigh 65.78 kg // 145 lbs. I'm confident that I would be a 46, but unsure about lengths. Any input on whether I'd be better off with 44 lengths or 46 lengths would be greatly appreciated. I want to avoid a "cropped" look, but don't want something that would be too long for me either. My upper body is pretty normal, but my legs are on the shorter side. 73.66 cm / 29" inseams fit me perfectly.

Thanks in advance!

9. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

Did you hear about that artist who basically blown up people's Instagram posts into Canvas pictures and then sold them? he made a lot of money, and the argument was, because those instagramers put their pictures up publicly without restricting access to their own accounts, it became public domain. I think the guy made like 200,000$ almost? or even more haha

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  10. cellardoors

cellardoors Senior member

Jesus christ man can't you read up the thread?

1 person likes this.
  11. seabrass

seabrass Well-Known Member

You're talking about Richard Prince and he definitely made way more than 200K. He is a world renowned artists. He is probably the most "Art celeb" status you can possibly be without being dead. He is shown in all of the worlds largest and biggest museums and galleries.

12. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

For fishtaco:

13. masshi

masshi Senior member

i know i'm biased towards jackets that are more cropped, but even despite that i think that a lot of the jackets in the gallery are way too long in the front

see a lot of dudes whose jackets are as long as or almost as long as their sleeves, for instance

bombers should end right at where the bottom of the belt is or a little lower than that imo (assuming you wear your pants/jeans high and fitted)

willy's a-2 had a four inch difference between its front and sleeve lengths and he has one of the better fits

he's 6' tall btw

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  14. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Yeah I sized too long for my tastes based on Drew's suggestions/method as well. But Drew more or less intends for TOJ riders and motos to fit longer than other brands''. What you personally think about others' fits and where they "should" end is irrelevant. Use Drew's sizing method and then deduce how long you'll want it to be from there.

15. masshi

masshi Senior member

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  16. swooc

swooc Senior member

first ma1 in goretex. that was actually my jacket as well. funny thing, at that time the jacket took a very long time to make (around 8months or something like that). in contrast, that would be lightning speeds now.

1 person likes this.
  17. azif

azif Senior member

My name has been deleted from the spreadsheet but i haven't gotten my order WTF?
    And drew doesnt reply to my emails so what am i supposed to do?

Edit- Just realised can still add to s/s

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  18. Onehitwonder

Onehitwonder Active Member

Gotta lock yo cells son.

19. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Does anyone here read Korean? I need something small translated. If you can email me at dieworkwear at gmail that would be appreciated.

Found someone, so nm.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  20. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I'll help. Sending you an email