1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Heymanniceshot

Heymanniceshot Senior member

2. masshi

masshi Senior member

More of an interest check than anything, but would anybody here be interested in a stock size 46 TOJ0 in black/black (tried on but never worn out)?

Link to the size chart:

http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/toj02013

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  3. d4nimal

d4nimal Senior member

I did hear he was on SuFu prior, but it was my understanding once the business was ready for general business SF is where that happened.

4. conqueror

conqueror Senior member

na, as i said, TOJ was up and running (i.e. taking orders/selling product) on sufu before the SF thread even existed - i remember mass (i think, or maybe winq) designing the logo and everything. daniel also posted at the time and most of the 'iconic' fit photos are from sufu within the first 6ish months when drew was a regular poster, but for whatever reason he gradually migrated to here. charly or someone else can confirm if you really wanna split hairs, but regardless, it was cool following the progression and grandiose ideas (jp denim for girls, opening a physical store etc) that occurred over the years. bummer it turned out like this.

1 person likes this.
  5. d4nimal

d4nimal Senior member

Interesting, thanks for the info. Let's not split hairs. If I run into Charly in the city one day maybe I'll ask him, but it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference to the story.

6. Rabidhabid

Rabidhabid Member

Someone should really organize the shit of that list. It seems that below the first 100 orders nothing is in order, dates etc. Is Drew the master-designer of this thing?

7. all.gravity

all.gravity Active Member

you can actually blame the lazy ppl who don't know how to add info to a spreadsheet in chronological order for this one

8. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

I'd imagine a lot of people are not necessarily from the States either so are some orders 12th March or December 3rd?

9. Rabidhabid

Rabidhabid Member

I am one of these people who don't know how to properly edit the spreadsheet. Is there any guide on how to do it? Is it really simple? Am I incredibly daft? Many questions are in need to be raised...

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Mass designed the logo (pretty much on a napkin). I believe the business concept went from a taco cart in Seoul project to TOJ.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

This sounds about right, from my recollection of it. And then the concept blew up on Reddit.

12. masshi

masshi Senior member

So I have a ~16.7" shoulder (body measurement) and a size 44 TOJ0 has a 16" shoulder - would that be manageable at all?

The most I'd wear underneath would just be a button-up.

And does anybody know what size Drew took in his own jackets? He claimed that he was 5'8 and 125 lbs. (coincidentally my own exact height and weight) back when he was active on here.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  13. diniro

diniro Senior member

125 @5'8? You need to eat more cookies, dude

15 people like this.
  14. sleepless

sleepless Senior member

Personally, I would definitely not chance that. That's almost an inch difference. I have a TOJ0 that's about 0.5-1.0" too big in the shoulders and its noticeable every time I wear it. 0.7" too small and you'll have to squeeze into it, if you enjoy wearing it at all.

With that said, shoulders are tough to measure. I know you're not new to this, but maybe check your best fitting jacket again and see what that measures for comparison.

1 person likes this.
  15. masshi

masshi Senior member

Do the sleeves being leather not matter at all, though? I figured that they'd be able to give a little.

I actually currently have a 46 in my hands, but it's slightly too big in the chest.

16. sleepless

sleepless Senior member

Maybe. But the shoulder seam is going to be determined by the wool, which probably doesn't give at all. If you could fit into it, and the leather stretched, the shoulder seam would ride up. That would throw off the placement of the sleeves and probably pull the already high arm holes up even higher.

If your only options are a stock 46 or 44, I'd take the 46 to a tailor and get him to take in the chest. The perk is wool is prob easier to work with than leather. That would result in a better overall fit that trying to squeeze into the 44, I think.

Again, I'd still say remeasure your best fitting jacket to get as accurate a measurement as possible. People are notorious for incorrectly measuring shoulders. It may be that the 44 is not that far off, I don't know. You have the 46 in hand, how does it feel? According to the stock size chart, a 44 is a 16" shoulder, a 46 is a 16.8" shoulder. If the 46 fits perfect in the shoulder, I would not chance going down. That's the whole reason the next size exists! :p

1 person likes this.
  17. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Haven't been following thread for awhile , what is going on? Is drew sending out jackets?

18. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

there's a spreadsheet that lists what he's working on. people have gotten some jackets.

19. McLarenF1

McLarenF1 Member

Im about the same size as you, i purchased a MA-1 Wool stock 44 and lengths are a tad a bit short if i stretch etc.
    I have a TOJ0 on order Size 46" with Size 50" Front & Back Body Lengths