TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

Sad part is so many people morph into that once they stop giving a fuck.

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Probably true. My dad has the casual misfires that haunt Baby Boomers of his generation today (i.e. baggy chinos, running shoes, blousy tops/coats), but still does suits and formal wear pretty well. Looking back at pictures of my dad (and even my uncle) when they were my age and younger though, they were looking dapper as hell with form fitting clothing, dress slacks, clean dress shoes, etc.

My grandfather was always dapper too, always wearing some tweed caps, trousers, button down, etc. and wouldn't be caught dead in jeans even when he worked carpentry or construction.

I think what's even more sad is the fact that most guys of our current generation just don't give a fuck to begin with or even if they do, they just don't know how to dress well anyway, period.

PS: You never answered my post about where you could find that delicious looking burger you went out in the city for many a page back. That shite looked delish. Hook me up with where to go.

3. Meis

Meis Senior member

Sometimes it seems like only Black people actually appreciate style and fashion. /yes racist
    Most comments/compliments I get on clothing items (like below) TOJ or otherwise, come from black guys... and alot of the time its on an item that's pretty different from their own personal style.
    Funny enough, I was wearing my black bomber in my local Nieman Last call one Friday after work and a group of 3 younger black gentlemen noticed me walking by and I overheard one of them say to the others "Yo, you see that jacket? Yo, that shit is tough". No lie.
    Was waiting for the EL the other night and a younger black guy and his GF were standing next to me and complimented my TOJ bomber and asked where I got it. On the other hand... the 2nd largest source of comments for me is old people (not exactly sure why). Older guy at an antique shop asked if my toj bomber was vintage... old lady at the bakery complimented it... as well as the crazy older man at the street corner near me.
    Sadder part...its often even worse than that. It ages people so much too- people will be early to mid 30s yet look like their approaching 50 due to their not-giving-a-fuck appearance.

4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Most comments/compliments I get on clothing items (like below) TOJ or otherwise, come from black guys... and alot of the time its on an item that's pretty different from their own personal style.

Was waiting for the EL the other night and a younger black guy and his GF were standing next to me and complimented my TOJ bomber and asked where I got it.

On the other hand... the 2nd largest source of comments for me is old people (not exactly sure why). Older guy at an antique shop asked if my toj bomber was vintage... old lady at the bakery complimented it... as well as the crazy older man at the street corner near me.

Sadder part...its often even worse than that. It ages people so much too- people will be early to mid 30s yet look like their approaching 50 due to their not-giving-a-fuck appearance.

Compliment experiences being aired out about ToJ leathers are multiplying by the minute and making me [​IMG]

5. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

Burger was from PYT. So good.

6. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Awesome, I appreciate the recommendation. Did I just see a "?uestlove" burger on the menu? Whaat. I'm tearing that place up next time I'm in the city. Thanks.

7. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

Yeah that might have been one of the alcoholic milkshakes (I've had it - amazing). They might have a burger to go with it.

Seriously though. Burger + alcoholic milkshake = serious food coma.

8. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

hahaha my room mate dj's there all the time

9. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

Alright guys, I love this jacket too much to not most post fits. Blacked out hardware, obviously, you can also see if the gunmetal nipples are deal breakers if you're considering one. The inside flap doesn't lay flat for me when the jacket is fully zipped up because my neck is huge. The sleeves are also slightly longer than I asked for, but it's not the end of the world since they sit nicely when I drive or reach for things. I also can't say enough nice things about the cuffs. I leave the cuffs unbuttoned even when zipped up so the inside material doesn't fold. Would it be greedy to hope that my collared moto shipped a week after my dr did? [​IMG] Edit: 150lbs, 5'8", stock 47. Click on pictures for 1:1 leather grainy goodness. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

EDIT: ^ There's no f-ing way that's happening with a ToJ unless you're a size small ordering the largest size. Slim for mall brands can't even compare, man.

Sometimes you just need to forget about testing the waters and dive the hell in [​IMG]

There's no way a roj could end up looking like that unless your dad swaps the toj website for a sears catalog

11. senchao

senchao Well-Known Member

Alright guys, I love this jacket too much to not most post fits.

Blacked out hardware, obviously, you can also see if the gunmetal nipples are deal breakers if you're considering one. The inside flap doesn't lay flat for me when the jacket is fully zipped up because my neck is huge. The sleeves are also slightly longer than I asked for, but it's not the end of the world since they sit nicely when I drive or reach for things. I also can't say enough nice things about the cuffs. I leave the cuffs unbuttoned even when zipped up so the inside material doesn't fold.

Would it be greedy to hope that my collared moto shipped a week after my dr did? [​IMG]

Edit: 150lbs, 5'8", stock 47.

Click on pictures for 1:1 leather grainy goodness.

This looks nice man. Is it completely stock 47? Did you add width to the arms?

Congratulations dude, sick jacket.

12. what no

what no Member

13. halisray

halisray Senior member

Canuck, that is a really nice fit. Congratulations!

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

15. senchao

senchao Well-Known Member

for real... that thing is terrible. snake put to waste haha