• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the new restaurant opening tonight? Or what?

From @dizzhizz's FB:

apologies for any confusion regarding the soft opening for libertine bar and kitchen. we do require RSVP for the set dinner menu up until Sunday but if you just want to drink and hang with good peeps just swing by and say hello.

hope to see all of you there soon and will keep you guys posted on the grand opening!

Last edited:

clark kent

Reaction score
nice little post from drew explaining the batches a little bit. from 2011.

That's pretty close, but we don't really have 'batches' as the number of orders that get put in is arbitrary, it's based on a lot of factors. If we're busy, we're busy. If we're not busy, that still doesn't mean it'll be made quickly - there are things to consider like, your final measurement set and spec (people change these like a month later) going across town and getting zippers dyed to match if one orders a non-black jacket, which takes several days of dying and then drying plus delivery or pickup, getting the leather ordered, paid, then delivered, and making sure all the hardware pieces are in. Since the zippers come from Japan, there was a wait on the whiskey leathers recently as we got bumrushed and ran out of the dyable zips. Happens sometimes - it'd be like a small countryside McDonald's getting hit up unexpectedly by a statewide convention of high schoolers on school buses and running out of burger buns, and having to go get more from the nearest McDonald's 30 minutes away. That happens on freak occasions.

Why we don't make everything in the exact order by timestamp - it's like putting together McDonald's hamburgers, of course - you wouldn't want to get a family sized order at once and then make a cheeseburger, then a big mac, then some chicken mcnuggets, and then go back and make another big mac, another cheeseburger, and some more mcnuggets - you'd pair them by kind within a reasonable timeframe so you can squirt the ketchup and mustard on two burgs at once, the special sauce on two big macs at once - small economies of scale, even if it's economy of effort.

Melbush

Reaction score
@Melbush Toffee Tan. Though isn't there a lamb and calf version?
It's listed as lamb on the tumblr but I saw some comments that it would be calf actually. Will just ask Charly, but I really want a lamb since I have an Oxblood calf on the way.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
It's listed as lamb on the tumblr but I saw some comments that it would be calf actually. Will just ask Charly, but I really want a lamb since I have an Oxblood calf on the way.

It should be lamb...TOJ and I had enough emails going back and forth and it was always clear that it would be lamb, not calf.

Edit: Yeah, please clarify with them and update?

Last edited:

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me clarify, I don't see it as an available option on the John Coppidge Available products list. Is it just unofficially still available?

Also not finding the leather ones in the gallery. :/

It's not officially listed but you can order it. Like I said it's a modified CWU 45. Look under it's section in the gallery for photos.

overtone

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the aesthetic differences between the TOJ1 vs TOJ0? Been waiting for a TOJ1 to pop up on B&S in my size (may never happen...) but the TOJ0 has been growing on me... They both look pretty awesome but I was wondering what people thought. The differences are essentially raglan sleeve and reversible lining (which I don't really care about), right?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The toj0 is also button up while the toj1 is zipper

Last edited:

Somatic

Reaction score
Personally I greatly prefer the zipper look of the TOJ1, but I don't think we can order those anymore.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore mine day in and day out almost all winter. It doesn't look any worse for the wear. In fact, you wouldn't even be able to tell I did.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads