TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Yes. Because you will be able to wear the TOJ shearling without fear of embarassment. [​IMG]

make it happen

2. LPatterson

LPatterson Senior member

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I did this...and hopefully it will work out. I kept the chest as is and sized the waist down one size. Charly said it was fine but I still won't be sure until I receive it! I went with a 47 chest and 46 waist. I'm a 38.5" chest to a 31" waist.

Emilio, that looks AMAZING! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rad, good to hear.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

And so, after 3 weeks in order-queue and almost 2 weeks in customs, I finally got swagged out.

[​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]

Thanks to Charly for what I believe is a perfect fit, and thanks to Drew for super-swag.

If people ask you how to ball, you say 'Temple of Jawnz' [​IMG]

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

that is a nice length, as you can see he wears his pants high

7. changy

changy Senior member

If I'm a 46 in bomber, am I also a 46 in Moto? The shoulder is wider on the 46 moto

8. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Senior member

yeah imo that length is perfect, i hate the super cropped look some of the earlier jackets have

9. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

yeah that's my favorite dr fit ever, besides synth's.

10. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

I really want a ToJ leather but I'm just not sure how well it would integrate into my wardrobe. Really like the Moto but I mean I wear button downs and chinos or jeans every day, nothing really more exciting than that. Would a moto be ridiculous with that? I see shit in my size all the time in B&S and struggle to see myself wearing one. Feel like the harrington would work well but I'm not sure. I always see drew talking about how anyone can wear a leather...

11. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

^ I'd go with the blouson. Sounds like it was made for ocbd + denim.

Moto would also work. Button downs + denim can go with almost anything. Replace the ocbd with a white / light colored t on the weekends and you're set.

Just don't wear chinos with leather unless you want to be a dadmagnet.

12. Meis

Meis Senior member

Just don't wear chinos with leather unless you want to be a dadmagnet.

I disagree...

there's nothing wrong with wearing chinos w/ leather. I have a couple of unis chinos that I wear with my TOJ bomber all the time. Aeglus has posted a bunch of leather + chinos fits.

13. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

Black leather + chinos = bad. To me. Again, it's all preference.

There are no rules for any of this shit. Wear whatever you like.

14. Meis

Meis Senior member

Black leather + chinos = bad. To me. Again, it's all preference.

There are no rules for any of this shit. Wear whatever you like.

of course.

IMO its more about the individual item than the general category. Especially for something like this, "chino" is a pretty big category that covers a lot of pants, from the cropped +J ones aeglus has posted to the shapeless dockers variety most people wear.

That said, yeah... its a lot tougher with black leathers. I have a lot easier time working my whiskey leather in with stuff than I do w/ my black moto

15. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

And so, after 3 weeks in order-queue and almost 2 weeks in customs, I finally got swagged out.

http://i51.tinypic.com/28cklmv.jpg
    -http://i52.tinypic.com/21b7o2g.jpg

Thanks to Charly for what I believe is a perfect fit, and thanks to Drew for super-swag.

I think the jacket looks great and I like the fit. Very nice.

I really want a ToJ leather but I'm just not sure how well it would integrate into my wardrobe. Really like the Moto but I mean I wear button downs and chinos or jeans every day, nothing really more exciting than that. Would a moto be ridiculous with that? I see shit in my size all the time in B&S and struggle to see myself wearing one. Feel like the harrington would work well but I'm not sure. I always see drew talking about how anyone can wear a leather...

Trust me. My everyday wear is the same as yours and ToJ leather integrates perfectly in my wardrobe. The brown one I'm trying to sell more so than the black (strictly because most of my footwear is brown and I don't like the brown shoes with black leather combo) I sold for more everyday integration, but even the black one I wore on casual Fridays and weekends. Not because we excahnged PMs on the brown bomber believe me, but from the sounds of your closet, I think a brown bomber or an A-1 would suit you better than a moto.

of course.

IMO its more about the individual item than the general category. Especially for something like this, "chino" is a pretty big category that covers a lot of pants, from the cropped +J ones aeglus has posted to the shapeless dockers variety most people wear.

That said, yeah... its a lot tougher with black leathers. I have a lot easier time working my whiskey leather in with stuff than I do w/ my black moto

I totally agree with this. I don't get why the continuous dislike/hate of the chino+leather and the association with "dad fit fail". It's all about the fit on the individual articles and the color combinations. Yeah, black leather + khaki chinos maybe not so much, but black leather plus grey or blue hues can be money.

My fits are basically chinos/trousers/ocbds/jeans for the most part and as soon as I get my whiskey bomber, I'm going to be rockin' it the hell out. It won't be with baggy Bill's or Dockers or clunky ass running shoes though, that's for damn sure.