1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Agree with Brad. Baying for blood isn't going to solve anything, but hearing Drew out (and maybe having just a little compassion), in conjunction with the threat of legal action and/or mass paypal fraud claims, might.

At the end of the day, the goal is to get the jackets or the money back, not to send the dude to jail or kill him.

2 people like this.
  2. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Hear him out? Okay. Compassion is nowhere in this picture.

Why shouldn't it be our goal to have him incarcerated? By all indications he's guilty of fraud and theft.

3 people like this.
  3. hokuto

hokuto Well-Known Member

What could he possibly say that makes any of this excusable?

The majority of the orders will be out by the end of the month? Tried that earlier this year.
    I lost all the money? Well you should go to jail
    A picture of EMS boxes?
    Korean Holidays?

Seriously, what would you want to hear from Drew to not want your money back and/or for him to face legal consequences.

1 person likes this.
  4. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

Pretty sure jail time is par for the course when you steal 100,000+ dollars.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    3 people like this.
  5. misterswag

misterswag Senior member

Jeez, everyone lay of Brad. Just because he got in touch with Drew doesn't make him immediately responsible for the matter moving forward.

I'm lucky I secured my daypack at the beginning of Drew's initial talks in the last few months. He made good on that, and I can only hope you're all able to rectify your issues in the end. While I'm not hopeful, let's see what Drew may be willing to do to assuage the situation. Certainly, until anything is proven, I'd move full force towards disputes and litigation against his operations.

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

People should be giving Brad shit.

I've casually read this thread for the last two years (sidenote: in the time that people have been waiting for jackets I started a new job, got promoted, got engaged and got married), and up until about six months ago he took every turn to defend Drew.

If Drew wanted to contact this thread, there are literally thousands of better ways (including talking to Fok, who is on gchat 15 hours a day). Why not start a Facebook group? Why not post on the public Google spreadsheet?

I would occasionally talk to Drew and he seemed like a nice guy, but as soon as he started letting people sell spots without any semblance of an inventory management/order tracking system, it was clear this was headed for disaster. He would also post about his lavish lifestyle on Facebook all the time, and I'd always say to myself "damn, the margins on leather jackets are pretty fucking great", but I guess it all makes sense now.

4 people like this.
  7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I'm sincerely sorry for posting anything.

3 people like this.
  8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

no you've done nothing wrong. don't feel bad for anything. people need to lay off you. i got you

can't believe teger got married

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

I understand you're trying to help, but you need to be telling Drew to contact either Fok or another moderator. You should not be his middelman to the forum. Again, there are many, MANY better ways he could get in touch with people.

He stole, what, $200,000? More? This a criminal matter. dieworkwear has the right idea by pursuing legal action.

Also to you guys collecting order info, someone needs to start a form that collects real life contact information, paypal transaction numbers and amounts.

2 people like this.
  10. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I wasn't asked to post anything on his behalf beyond the initial message. I did tell Drew to do all of those things and many more things that he obviously needs to do and I am waiting to see if he will do. I want to hope for the best; however, since I obviously cannot guarantee anything, I should not have spoken at all about it in the first place and kept my feelings to myself. I don't have a right to interfere with what's going on here.

3 people like this.
  11. misterswag

misterswag Senior member

Like congrats you've "lived your life" Teger but who the fuck cares? Don't come in to this thread acting above it.

It's really not Brad's responsibility to push anything forward. Sure, anyone who has the opportunity should "do their part" towards screwing Drew, but ultimately he's at fault for not addressing the matter on this forum. It doesn't help anyone to be an intermediary to the issue

3 people like this.
  12. Teger

Teger Senior member

The amount of money we're talking is crazy. I think people who read this thread have become desensitized to the amount, but in terms of actual internet theft disasters (and I've seen a couple), this is far and above anything else I've heard of. And I bet the total number is closer to $400,000 - there are a ton of people who probably aren't monitoring this thread or have simply given up.

1 person likes this.
  13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

telling brad to tell drew to contact fok isn't going to do anything. drew already knows the many ways to contact fok without you telling brad to tell drew that. brad's just trying to help. would you rather brad relay drew's message to fok so fok can relay the message to SF?

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

What? I'm not bragging about my life, I'm trying to say that two years is a really long fucking time, and it's crazy that the wait has been that long. I'm sure you've done exciting things over the past two years too!

My issue with Brad is that: a. he's getting sucked into Drew's bullshit (because he's a nice guy and trying to help out), and b. he defended Drew way past the point it was clear that this was a disaster. This has escalated beyond anything that can be solved in this thread.

3 people like this.
  15. Teger

Teger Senior member

No, Drew should talk to Fok so he can get an account and actually post here.

Random anecdote: about three years ago I started looking into having some shirts made (in the vein of ToJ) and selling them online because of how successful Drew was with jackets. I talked to a bunch of places overseas and couldn't find a place that had good enough margins to make it worthwhile, and was all the more impressed at what Drew was able to pull off. In hindsight...

16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

yeah and my point is lay off brad. he's done nothing wrong. drew's the only one at fault here. you're shooting the messenger here. obviously drew should talk to fok but brad relaying his message is better than no message and no talking to fok

17. misterswag

misterswag Senior member

Fair enough. Yeah, it's a seriously long time to be waiting for any retail product. I finally received my backpack in the last two months - after waiting 10 months longer than expected - so I'm not really invested in this as much anymore, but it's regrettable that Drew would leave so many people hanging. What? 150+ in the last day alone have signed onto the PayPal list? Drew needs to straighten up and contact the aggrieved parties directly.

18. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

People are sending me this but I ain't posting that info online in the public eye. When/if we decide to move forward however then I will plug the info into a private spreadsheet and hand it over to someone reputable who needs it to work the case.

4 people like this.
  19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I think the biggest con out of this is that Distorbiant doesn't even have an order.

20 people like this.
  20. diniro

diniro Senior member

this guy for example:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/217855/...-updates-complaints-etc/40260_30#post_7187831

came across it searching for some things. A lot of irony rereading 2014 posts.

I wouldn't be surprise if the # go pass 200 but i doubt it's double that right now. Although I didn't think it would go pass 50 when the list got started.

1 person likes this.