1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

I have done like ~300 transactions and probalby around 50k USD in Paypal transactions in my life time. Not a SINGLE unsatisfied transaction.

One caveat though: I dont send money to some shady dude in Korea, wait 2 years and expect PayPal to cover my ass for how stupid and gullible I was.

1 person likes this.
  2. cellardoors

cellardoors Senior member

Shit just got realler, again!

3. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

lulz you're so operator as fuck, bro.

Buy my jacket!

4. sleepless

sleepless Senior member

Ok @Gruff, @cellardoors @OJSIMPSON how about you shut the fuck up so the adults can get back to trying to organize a response.

Thanks, please leave.

5. sleepless

sleepless Senior member

Will PM asap.

6. PawnchYoFace

PawnchYoFace Well-Known Member

my bad on my amount, it was 870 not 880 lol

• Transaction#4AG224074R297812D
    • -$820.00 USD
    • 1/16/2014 21:13 GMT-05:00
    • Drew Keith
    • templeofjawnz@gmail.com

Transaction #8U5963704J6353823

• -$50.00 USD
    • 4/6/2014 12:16 GMT-04:00
    • Drew Keith
    • templeofjawnz@gmail.com

7. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

Why do you have a TOJ spot for sale in your sig? Isn't that OBE by now?

8. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

IT'S A FUCKING JOKE.

2 people like this.
  9. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

leave this site

2 people like this.
  10. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Just food for thought: the spreadsheet is almost complete and is at $155k total right now, which is 15% of 1,033,333. This would seem to match up with Drew's original statement that over 1 million USD in orders came in at the cutoff and 85% of orders are complete.

Which isn't to say he didn't look at the # of outstanding orders and reverse calculate it but...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  11. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

What I was trying to say (unsuccessfully obviously) is not that they would have certainly known for the reasons you've indicated, but there probably were signs that his partners didn't pay attention to either by mistake or willfully. I don't know if you've ever been a Western expat in an Asian country, but the "community" is quite small and the members pretty readily identifiable. So here's your business partner running around doing this flashy shit, eating at Robuchon, buying Beamers, Rick whatever and hanging out with the expats … someone (whether it be partners and/or just friends) certainly knew TOJ was a "thing" and the thing was having major problems.

Perhaps you've heard this from Justice Cardozo: “A trustee is held to something stricter than the morals of the market place. Not honesty alone, but the punctilio of an honor the most sensitive, is then the standard of behavior.” His fiduciary duty to any of his businesses would (should have) preclude(d) him from doing what he did regardless, but alas he's a weasel and doesn't give a shit. In short, Libertine and the people around them and Drew saying "we don't know nothin', never saw a thing" just isn't entirely believable. My opinion obviously.

Well whataya know?!? We agree on something. :happy:

12. kasper007

kasper007 Senior member

Resorting to calling people idiot usually says a lot about the strength of one's argument...

I never said this was paypal's fault, I actually quite agree with you that people wishful thinking / incredulity is absolutely integral to how this has been allowed to happen. I am completely dumbfounded that people didn't push harder for refund earlier not to mention those still hoping that he will come through and produce the magical jackets. Even more dumbfounded that no one has gone to the police yet.

Anyway, I don't care for the argument...

13. Gruff

Gruff Senior member

smh the jokers ITT

14. janoy89

janoy89 Senior member

Will someone please fucking kill distorbiant and videotape it for me. I'll paypal you the value of your tojo 5 times over.

15. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

do you even have something on order? How come you aren't on the list?

16. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

Im sure it says plenty. Fortunately, we are on an internet forum and I dont really care about the "strength" of my arguments. I just wanted to let you know you're an idiot.

TOJ People: Youre not special. You had 180 days, you didnt use them. Paypal doesnt owe you shit. Dont clog up their phone lines for people who have legitimate problems to resolve.

Silver lining: You may be out a lot of money, but you wont be seen in an ugly ass TOJ jacket.

2 people like this.
  17. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

Drew won, now he has us fighting amongst ourselves.

1 person likes this.
  18. cellardoors

cellardoors Senior member

As long as I don't hear from @Gruff ever again...

1 person likes this.
  19. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

what the fuck? it doesn't matter if the expat community is small. they can be completely separated from sf and sufu affairs. even if they did their due diligence prior to opening libertine, it would have happened two years ago and they would have seen threads full of happy customers. it's only escalated to this after the fact. they're not going to assume that he was funneling his seed capital from his toj venture because for all intents and purposes, it was originally a legitimate, viable, and profitable business. the only thing the other investors care about is how much they have to invest, their roi, and their equity stake. for all we know, the other investors could have been investing drug money into the operation and they were just better at hiding their money trail.

again, a lot of you are overestimating the signifance of the sf community at large. it's an insular community with a very insular problem.

5 people like this.
  20. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Kid Nickels,

Hypothetical for you: A man who runs a clothing company that seems completely legitimate and has no issues whatsoever at the time invests money, along with several other investors, so you can produce an independent film. A year after the investment, you are in the middle of production. It's been a dream to make a film and you've got a lot riding on this. How much of your day is spent making the film and how much is spent going over the logistics of the investor's clothing company, checking for shipping delays and monitoring his personal spending habits and what kind of demographic he's associating with, to look for warning signs that his business has turned into something rotten?

It's quite absurd to think the Libertine owners would give a flying fuck if Drew bought a Beamer or Rick or hung out with expats.