• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Joona

Reaction score
Cheers! It's probably just my pics that show it a bit darker than it is, although it is in my opinion quite dark shade in other than direct sun light, but still noticeably lighter than dark brown (glazed) goat.

Leather MA-1 is awesome, I'm waiting for one as well.

Last edited:

ryosuke

Reaction score

Very nice ryosuke. Considering the age of your jacket this is probably what the current medium whiskey looks like. Would you say that it leans towards the brown end of the colour spectrum? How orangey is it?

I would say it's brown. I've never considered it to be orange and just wear it as another earth tone Highly recommended.

Danay

Reaction score
I'm new to made to measure products and not qualified to make these kinds of decisions. Do you guys think these measurements should work for a Moto? This jacket will be my first TOJ and i'm about 2 months into the wait. Thanks.

Body Measurements:
6' 4"
205 lbs
Shoulders 20"
Chest 43"
Mid 35"
Waist 36"
Front 24"
Arm Length 26"
Bicep 14.25"

Charly Recommends: (He assures me its close to a 54.)
Shoulders 20"
P2P 24"
Mid 22"
Waist 22"
Front Length 24"
Back Length 26.4"
Sleeve length 27" (I requested Charly to bump up the sleeve lengths and widths.)
Width @ pit 8.6"
Width @ elbow 7.3"
Width @ cuff 5.2"

outlawcowboy

Reaction score
I'm new to made to measure products and not qualified to make these kinds of decisions. Do you guys think these measurements should work for a Moto? This jacket will be my first TOJ and i'm about 2 months into the wait. Thanks.

Body Measurements:
6' 4"
205 lbs
Shoulders 20"
Chest 43"
Mid 35"
Waist 36"
Front 24"
Arm Length 26"
Bicep 14.25"

Charly Recommends: (He assures me its close to a 54.)
Shoulders 20"
P2P 24"
Mid 22"
Waist 22"
Front Length 24"
Back Length 26.4"
Sleeve length 27" (I requested Charly to bump up the sleeve lengths and widths.)
Width @ pit 8.6"
Width @ elbow 7.3"
Width @ cuff 5.2"
The shoulders are the only thing I really worry about. he kept your shoulders at 20''? Did you go with lamb or calf?

Danay

Reaction score
The shoulders are the only thing I really worry about. he kept your shoulders at 20''? Did you go with lamb or calf?
I went with lamb. He originally went with 19.5 before I requested a larger size to accommodate layering. What's your concern here?

outlawcowboy

Reaction score
I went with lamb. He originally went with 19.5 before I requested a larger size to accommodate layering. What's your concern here?
So your shoulders measure 20" and he recomended 19.5"? i would have figured 20.5".. I guess you should be fine, being its lamb. Ive yet to get the "perfect" fit with a TOJ and i can never really tell if its because of the shoulder measurements or the pit to pit measurements..

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My shoulder measurements have been.5" less than measured on all of my full leathers. I just went with what Charly recommended and haven't touched it. Maybe I'm missing out on the "perfect" fit, but it works fine for me.

rmc

Reaction score

Has everyone already received June orders?

Ordered a lil later in early July and haven't received anything. I understand if delivery is slightly over 20 weeks (estimated time), BUT It's getting a little ridiculous that the wait times were 2x that of estimated.

Melbush

Reaction score
My shoulder measurements have been.5" less than measured on all of my full leathers. I just went with what Charly recommended and haven't touched it. Maybe I'm missing out on the "perfect" fit, but it works fine for me.
Paradoxically he recommended 1 additional inch compared to my body measurements and the measurements of another leather jacket.
It looks like he usually doesn't do that, this has been worrying me.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its likely he is recommending S2S largely by your height and weight, bc it's been stated before that people are typically not accurate when they measure their shoulders.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads