1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

WHOA, Whoa, whoa ... hey now. Calm down, buddy. We don't need this inflamed vitriol bringing chaos unto these boards.

(I kid, I kid. You obviously seem like a cultured chap.)

2 people like this.
  2. dgtl-rn

dgtl-rn Well-Known Member

I have missed the past few days excitement- what the hell is going on? Finally confirmed that Drew is a thief? Am I going to get my refund? $780 down the drain.

3. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

4. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

Quote: That means of all the people on SF, Drew likes and trusts you most. I mean, he could contact Fok or DWW to post on his behalf, or created a new account and post it himself. You are the chosen one.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  5. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

sounds like someone is using this opportunity to leverage themselves to the top of the qeue.

5 people like this.
  6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ dude. :plain:

yeah I hope he's joking… the Reddit thing is crazy though. People watching SF like it's a reality show… which I guess it now is.

1 person likes this.
  7. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

8. barramundi

barramundi Senior member

I have literally done 10+ hours of online research the past few days in an agonizing attempt to find a double rider that matches the TOJ DR2013 in at least design. Can anyone help a fella out? I know there is literally zero fucking chance that another TOJ leather will be made... this is all so frustrating.

(Yes, I've heard of BLK DNM, and it's a last resort for me... there are several tiny details about the leather jacket 5 that bother me. Does the black leather jacket 5 come in XS? Can anyone list its measurements? Where's the decent MTM? T-T)

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Vanson is probably your best bet

1 person likes this.
  10. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Lewis Leathers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. barramundi

barramundi Senior member

@indesertum @Foxhound

Do they do customizations? MTM? What's the wait time like?

I feel so annoying and picky, but for me, it's the details that matter so much in a DR. A proper, full belt. No logo. Proper epaulettes. The sleeve zippers on the inside/bottom of the arm, as opposed to out/on top of the sleeve. etc.

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

If you spent ten hours googling you can do 30 more seconds by typing their names in Google. Vanson also has an SF collaboration going on you can still get in on

2 people like this.
  13. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

He's banging fat girls and wants to kill himself.

Thanks Drew

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  14. tunneler

tunneler Well-Known Member

Here's the quote you're referencing. I also remember thinking it was an odd thing to mention when I first read it. But the romantic origin story (Drew following his heart in Korea) combined with the personal relationships he developed (he used to post very frequently) and the extremely broad customization available (more than most/all other companies) all made ToJ impossible to dislike. And jackets were being delivered regularly. In short Drew had built up a lot of goodwill, so this was easy to overlook. Between then and now, I've owned an A-2, a baseball jacket, and 2 varsities. Now I have 2 outstanding orders, and some people have it even worse. I guess hindsight is 20/20. It's all very disappointing.

15. barramundi

barramundi Senior member

Others before me have asked the same, tired question as I have, and unfortunately, there seems to be no answer. I understand their pain and frustration when people recommend Vanson, Thurston Bros., Lewis Leathers, etc. That Vanson thread does not have a single picture of a decent fit. Bunch of skinny young fellas wearing their daddies' jackets. Very awkward and ill looking. I appreciate your replying though.

16. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I wish this was a joke.

Drew will be up for murder soon.

1 person likes this.
  17. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

If you try to do MTM/customizations through Lewis Leathers, good luck. lol I heard the wait is ridiculously long, but that comes with being a legendary brand.

If you want a custom jacket that approximates TOJ's designs, hit up Johnson Leathers, or any other smaller operation that's been in the leather jacket game for years. (JL will run you ~$1k if you use good leathers). Could probably even hit up Moon Leathers since they should already have the pattern. ;)

1 person likes this.
  18. TOJWatch

TOJWatch Member

This is probably a long shot- but does anyone have a shipping label from MOON LEATHER?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    3 people like this.
  19. barramundi

barramundi Senior member

Did the man answer in english? Is he fluent/proficient?

20. ro0ts

ro0ts Member

Did Libertine end up taking down their FB page?