• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

mike1445

Reaction score
Late to party but 29 here, surprised to find myself somewhere in the middle

pl0nky

Reaction score
^that gif is the greatest thing in the world right now.

black lamb 2010 DR with bemberg lining and gunmetal hardware
Oh that's right. Not to sound creepy or anything but I think I saw that on your instagram once which I think I got from the gallery haha.

Just for discussion sake I used to REALLY REALLY want this jacket a couple of years ago. http://mrsfc.com/collection/all-holiday-2011/mr-varsity-fleeced-galaxy-denim/

Picture for those who don't want to go to the link lol. Now that I look back thank god I didn't get it. First of all looking at the price, I think I'd feel robbed if I bought it. Obviously it comes nowhere close to TOJ and idk how much I would have actually liked it if I actually did get it. Looking at it now it looks slightly off to me. The toj0 is just so far ahead in everything. They also used to have a wool/leather version but now all they have is the denim/leather. This is why I think I have a soft spot for the toj0 haha. The jacket style is always something I've really liked. Instead I opted for a full leather DR to experience it. If I had more time a TOJ0 would be copped immediately.

SmileForum

Reaction score
I usually wear a white t shirt or oxford underneath (black moto), with black, or little to no faded indigo jeans, and black chelsea boots or blacked out high top converse. I personally really like sized up white/black airism t-shirts the most to go with the jacket. That drape, and slight shine from them is nice. Sometimes at home, I'll wear the jacket with no top underneath.
bigstar[1].gif

bkim28964

Reaction score
Just bought a used black lamb MDR with silver zips and thinking about trading out the hardware for blacked out, any one happen to know if a leather tailor would be able to take care of that?

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone attest to their opinion of bemberg vs sateen lining?

Have both, bemberg is nicer to the touch, but you probably won't notice the difference unless you are looking for it.

Just bought a used black lamb MDR with silver zips and thinking about trading out the hardware for blacked out, any one happen to know if a leather tailor would be able to take care of that?

Don't do it, you will regret it later. Silver looks so much better.

leeba

Reaction score
Crap, didn't think I'd post this but having a real hard time deciding between moto and dr2013, and to a lesser extent 4 zip mdr.

edit/
dr2013
devil.gif
...or 4 zip mdr? ...or qdr? fuuu

Not tryna get into zipper talk but are the excellas the same size/as chunky as the normal silvers? Chunky > but I also like shiny stuff soo....just wondering

Last edited:

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the DR or MDR, but that's just personal preference.

basil rathbone

Reaction score
yes!! how did you know? here is my tattoo of his moniker: http://instagram.com/p/jicZZuluvX/

I looked at your instagram after you just posted pics of the pen and saw your tattoo and description.

Your grandpa is a pretty legendary dude in certain circles. I stumbled upon his colossus of roads boxcar work online a few years ago after watching a street art documentary (I think?) and really liked it. It affected and inspired me. Would love to see his stuff in person some day.

Sick tattoo too. Very cool, I love **** like that.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I used to paint trains in the '90s. That's your grandfather? The husband to the grandmother who gave you that pen?

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
I'm 27, first year doctoral student. I have no idea if I fit any general "style" to be honest; I just like wearing clothes that are cut slim and have a tailored look, but are also interesting...while erring on the conservative side. Wardrobe's a grab-bag of Watanabe, CdG, Rag & Bone, RLBL, J. Crew, J. Press... Got into shoes over the past couple of years, so it's mostly Alden, Carmina, Meermin. Hoping to add a couple of Crockett & Jones by the end of the year.

leeba

Reaction score
While taking pics of my lamb MA-1 for my classified I realized

1) I really don't wanna sell this , maybe after I cut down it'll fit again...awefoijawepfiodskl;

and

2) the shoulder gusset detail when viewed from the front is amazing - one of my favorite parts of ToJs. Especially for band collar jackets like the moto, bcdr, lamb ma-1, etc. Little details so good.

Last edited:

Cole

Reaction score

I looked at your instagram after you just posted pics of the pen and saw your tattoo and description. 

Your grandpa is a pretty legendary dude in certain circles. I stumbled upon his colossus of roads boxcar work online a few years ago after watching a street art documentary (I think?) and really liked it. It affected and inspired me. Would love to see his stuff in person some day.

Sick tattoo too. Very cool, I love **** like that. 

awesome! always very cool to meet people who recognize my grandfather.

I used to paint trains in the '90s. That's your grandfather? The husband to the grandmother who gave you that pen?

buz blurr's wife gave cole a precious pen and he sold it.

holy ****

not related. grandma who gave me the pen is on my mothers side and Buz is on my fathers side. the grandma that gave me the pen got it from her boyfriend that wouldn't think twice if it went missing. Buz and his wife (my grandma) live in a little Podunk town in arkansas, that consists of like, a pizza place, a sonic, a family dollar, and maybe 150 people. I dont think they'd ever come across such a thing, haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads