1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Although not likely, I hope you all get your jackets that you've paid for or have success with your chargebacks in a timely manner.

6 people like this.
  2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Agree.

But my advice(and I have been through something like this before)....and since you want to start the process "now".....don't wait to start to get a s-sheet together of how many people in this thread are committed to this. If the consultation is somewhat "positive", you don't want to spend another week+ trying to determine who/how much $ per person/how fees will be paid/etc.

There are too many people who will be in the "I will wait for my jacket" boat. They you will have the "Let's pursue it, but if my jacket comes, great" boat. You want to know who is in and who is willing to pass along $ to get the ball moving ASAP.

It's a simple question to put out there.

3. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I'm friends with Drew on FB. He doesn't post very much and there's nothing of value to anyone here.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Exactly.

5. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Can you please say more? Are you suggesting that customers will never get their jackets or that they will not get them "in a timely mannerr?"

1 person likes this.
  6. mrchariybrown

I said I hope you all get your jackets in a timely manner.. but it isn't likely.

Isn't the amount of time you've waited for your jacket evidence enough?

1 person likes this.
  7. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

Can you please tell us anything else you may know.
    This is incredibly frustrating.

8. Spaghettimatt

Edited. I wasn't sure if you were suggesting that customers would never get their jackets or would not get them "in a timely manner" (i.e., whether that condition applied to the chargeback only or to your whole/earlier statement).

And for what it's worth. We are LONG past "timely." I'm thinking about delivery PERIOD at this point.

9. mrchariybrown

If you want it clear.

Some of you guys' earlier orders might come through.. whenever that may be.

But if I were a betting man, I'd say most of you won't be getting your orders from him.

Whoever that brought up the idea that all the jackets are made and just waiting in a storage to be shipped is wrong. A handful may be, but no where even close to all the orders.

Daniel and I weren't paid for a year. New restaurant business. Cars. Vacations. I mean, I figured it out. But I'm wondering if you have.

In the end, I wish I had the financial power (or at least been informed), but Drew had absolute control of finances and obviously kept us in the dark.

All this being said, I hope he sees his wrongdoing, liquidates his assets so he can deliver on every order, and then banish himself from the business. But like I said, I'm betting against that.

47 people like this.
  10. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

ouch... thanks for your honestly and transparency on the matter though. If this is the case, I think Drew and his restaurants are about to get a lot of harassment, warranted though.

2 people like this.
  11. chubacca

chubacca Active Member

Shit just got real

4 people like this.
  12. Spaghettimatt

Word. Thanks for weighing in with what you know. Definitely lends weight to if not confirms everyone's worst fears. Much appreciated.

So much for 80% of orders and most members completing their "TOJ outstandings."

1 person likes this.
  13. cellardoors

cellardoors Senior member

Been real for a long time, you got your head in the sand about it...

2 people like this.
  14. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

well.. I guess that puts to rest the question of whether or not his actions were intentionally malicious.

15. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

Well this is a complete speculation but,

maybe drew thought that the restaurant would supply enough funds to keep up with his lavish spending with the current toj fund, but that didn't happen and now hes banking on his cut from the restaurant being sold to help refill the toj funds

16. mrchariybrown

Buys cars, goes on trips, buys into restaurant, doesn't pay Daniel or me for a year or so.

Does it matter if it's malicious or not? It's just flat out "wrong."

27 people like this.
  17. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Senior member

There is <1% chance that restaurant funds go to TOJ. It'll go to a venture or vacation or car or w.e

18. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

I agree. I've been of the position that most of what he's done for the past 18 months has been wrong.

Side question... when was the last time he actually paid you or Daniel anything? What was his "excuse" for withholding payment? Was that the reason Sally left?

19. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Of course an attorney would talk to you, because if this suit were constructed correctly it would involve numerous plaintiffs and the collective damages... the payment would come via contingency basis on the damages not under pro bono terms as our resident Latin expert so hilariously assumes.

As to my unspecific answers, the answer to ANY legal question is always… "it depends". Like, hey you just murdered a guy because you killed him… you're going to jail! Well, he stuck a gun in my face and said he was going to kill me so I stabbed him and he died. It depends.

Examples of things I don't know that would make a difference… 1) Was there an original partnership agreement at TOJ and if so what did it say? 2) Is there any evidence of willful misrepresentation as to perfect tender (of the goods or delivery time) to any customers? 3) Is Drew a US citizen? 4) What is the citizenship and residency of all the potential plaintiffs? 5) How many contracts are in breach and what is the amount of potential damages? 6) Were any of the TOJ funds commingled? 7) Did anyone demand specific performance (delivery of the jacket as ordered) OR refund in a timely manner after breach was evident? and if so what happened? 8) What is the timeline of orders that were potentially already in breach when more orders were still being taken and that wallet Kickstarter thing happened?

There are multiple possible avenues by which to proceed based on the totality of the circumstances, which as these questions illustrate, is impossible for any one person to know at this point.

No this is not a malice crime… that would be things like murder and arson.

Thank you for the info and your candor Charly.

1 person likes this.
  20. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

What Drew has done to me is worse than Murder

4 people like this.