1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

If a bank account, yeah probably. But I'm trying to figure out how CCs are responding to this.

I am sure that Drew is going to send everybody their shit eventually.I just want to extricate myself from this mess as quickly as possible. If I get my jacket before I get a chargeback or refund, then so be it. If vice versa, so be it.

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

maybe you should ask Drew…

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Kid Nickels

I have also mentioned a couple options in this department and was either ignored or subtly dismissed. At this point I don't understand how anyone believes any significant resolution will be achieved without some kind of legal action. Yes, collectively it is a lot of jackets and a lot of money… I've mentioned that as well.

Yes, although civil litigation is not my bag, it's not that difficult when you have access to legal research networks.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  4. chupas

chupas Well-Known Member

You guys just waiting around like there is going to be some 12-months-late wave of cc chargebacks two years after the fact and THEN you can follow along and maybe contact your cc company are insane.

Unless you have some incredibly generous company or terms or have some VIP-level card service, your best bet is to actively organize to make Paypal aware of how big this issue is. If you all contact them one by one, you'll probably be shit out of luck because you're an idiot who waited two years to do something about the issue. If you act as a collective they might actually think it's a big enough problem, and one worth addressing well, well after buyer protection has run out.

8 people like this.
  5. dvskei

dvskei Well-Known Member

surely the people who have been waiting for months for a refund would be the first of the collective.
    idk if i still want to wait for my order, which probably isnt even in production yet.

btw did we all forget drew straight up lied about his pp account being frozen

6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. Spaghettimatt

I think it's clear at this point that PayPal is not going to refund anyone who sent money to Drew. You really think they are going to be more likely to refund multiple people who co-sign an e-mail at $800 a pop than a Visa or MasterCard is to refund a single customer with good credit?

8. Kid Nickels

Without legal action there will be no refunds. You will either get a jacket super late or nothing.

1 person likes this.
  9. Spaghettimatt

It's pretty obvious that the ToJ database and storage is such a fucking mess that Drew would have no idea whose jackets are completed and thus who should be refunded. He's probably dodging the question because he doesn't want to refund people whose jackets have already been made.

1 person likes this.
  10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  11. Spaghettimatt

Yeah okay or he doesn't have the money to complete the orders or both.

12. Kid Nickels

I

This would seem almost certain. There are obviously jackets that have been finished… he's not going to relinquish that profit and be stuck with jackets he cannot sell. And it would seem reasonable to believe he also has the money, but will not spend anything more than necessary as a result of the aforementioned profit.

13. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Well-Known Member

Just FYI... the CC company's going to say something along the lines of

(We can't legally file a chargeback after x months. You're way past that). To give you your money back, they would have to take the hit themselves. If this was a $50 dollar item, yes that would have been possible just to keep you loyal. $800+ or more for those that order multiples... not very likely.

14. Spaghettimatt

I think the absolute cut off rule is 540 days past the transaction and 120 days past the point you "realize there is a problem," no?

My January 2014 order would still technically qualify, I think though my August 2013 order would not.

15. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Well-Known Member

my CC company told me different. I'm not saying you shouldn't even try. Just don't assume they can solve everything.

16. Spaghettimatt

Welp I called Visa and they had no problem with filing a dispute, though the CSR didn't seem to have any idea about the rules around time frame, etc. I guess I'll just see what happens in the next 60 days and if Drew delivers I'll call it off.

17. Notreknip

Notreknip Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, here's another data point as I continue to investigate all potential options. I'm simply relaying facts and doing so as honestly and accurately as possible.

I called Visa - they are unable to do anything to help me due to the time since the expected date of receiving the goods. They directed me to the BBB, and I sort of had to laugh at that suggestion. The representative genuinely seemed to feel terrible for me though, which was kind of nice.

I called PayPal - they are unable to do much for the same reasons. I inquired about the status and history of the vendor's PayPal account and the representative did admit three things, but stated firmly that nothing further could be shared:

1) the representative confirmed that the vendor's account was no longer able to execute transactions while the account was being investigated; in other words, the representative confirmed that no potential refund could be made via PayPal at this time

2) the representative offered to open a dispute on my transaction (i.e. essentially, the representative could send a message to the vendor making him aware of the issue)

3) the representative suggested that numerous others have already completed the above action and mentioned that mine could be added to the case file

At this point, I declined to make any action as, quite frankly, I don't think it would really help anything.

(As for my feelings on this whole thing, to be completely honest, I still just want the jacket - it is my wife's after all. I've received my own 2 jackets which were ordered at the same time and love them both; I look forward to her feeling the same about her jacket in the near future. I'm willing to wait until the 2 year mark, which is July 31st, for a personalized update on the status, but that's likely my limit. I think I'd be willing to wait until September for the jacket itself to arrive with the appropriate specs. Nonetheless, I felt compelled to educate myself and simultaneously create a bit of a documented history with a few different parties, just in case.)

4 people like this.
  18. dvskei

dvskei Well-Known Member

so youve got no course of action to take now but youll wait until september.. and then what?

19. Notreknip

Notreknip Well-Known Member

Indeed, we've been through this many times; there's really nothing we can do other than use words - as a community - on this forum to inspire action.

I guess you could say that's what I'm trying to do.

But really, it's all about hope. I've still got some. However, come September I'll tell my wife she isn't getting her jacket.

20. Kid Nickels

I'm assuming the majority of those who have orders pending are in the US... correct? Adding to the PayPal list could be helpful in the long run as most of these orders construe implied-in-fact contracts based on the respective records and communications of the parties. TOJ as a result is already in breach of these contracts and collectively the damages are quite large. Am I seriously the only attorney in this thread? There must be someone more versed in civil suits and class actions here… fuck I'm an entertainment attorney! The point is the damages are whatever jackets are in breach, which I'm assuming is a few hundred at this point totaling at least $100K+. I'm sure a potential six-figure judgement - even if just filing the action - will get his attention.

3 people like this.