1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

How have you managed to make 16,355 posts of just shitty, non-contributing emoticons?

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    31 people like this.
  2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I thought you were leaving this thread alone. GTFO!

3. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

I still have two jackets on order. I'd still prefer to get both if Drew actually follows Fok's advice.

One spot was originally purchased by me. I purchased one spot from @eddiemczee . I also sold a spot I originally purchased to @Melbush . If a critical mass ends up throwing in the towel and no jackets are made, I assume we could work together to sort out who needs to get added to a hypothetical PayPal case or whatever.

4. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Yup. Gonna see how/if Drew responds to the latest outrage and then think about pursuing a PayPal case/chargeback

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You misunderstand me. I'm primarily interested in solving problems, or at least figuring out what might be viable solutions to a problem. Moral outrage is satisfying, but ime, not particularly useful in and of itself.

You mistake my asking people to consider Drew's personality with cutting him slack. Right now, Drew is threatening to put the people who attempt to contact him through the restaurant with (extra?) slow service. That's not right, which is why I posted again, but it's pretty much what I said would happen.

I really do hope that he spend the money needed to fix his infrastructure, which really does sound like a mess.

1 person likes this.
  6. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

I'm actually kind of curious if Drew even has enough jackets made (or enough resources to have enough jackets made) to satisfy all orders.

7. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

We know he doesn't.

He's said stuff is still in production.

8. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

but it being in production implies that he can satisfy demand.

I mean, Fok suggests spending money on logistics, but I doubt Drew will want to spend $XX,XXX to make guys on the internet shut up.

9. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

No, it just implies that some stuff is being made, not that he can afford to make everything.

10. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I wonder what Korean jails are like.

11. dvskei

dvskei Senior member

whens the last time anyone got their normal production jacket? not the grey pile ones from mid 2013 and earlier...

1 person likes this.
  12. jim_n

jim_n Senior member

Drew your restaurant has great fish sticks. Now may I please have my refund I have been waiting 8 months for. Thanks again.

1 person likes this.
  13. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

Brad and Fok nailed it. Drew has demonstrated himself to be borderline sociopathic. He's unraveling. Threatening customers from his position is straight lunacy. Fok didn't cut Drew any slack, he just had the foresight to see that antagonizing Drew would not make him acquiesce easily and would likely inflame him, as it has. Unfortunately, it's one of the only two options available to customers, as Brad has said- either fight or give up. And I am of the opinion that if enough pressure is put on Drew, he will cave. He is just banking on the hope that his loose network of customers won't summon the courage and wherewithal to do anything.

And I'm quoting myself from a couple months ago, suggesting legal options for putting pressure on Drew and getting your money back.

And, if enough people fight, then Drew may buckle under the pressure and come clean and sort everything out. Or spend some time in jail. He would be wise to take Fok's advice sooner rather than later.

1 person likes this.
  14. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

By the way, what are options for trying to find out Drew's identity (if that isn't his real name) and address, contact info, business name (and country) he is operating under, etc? That info would be helpful for filing official complaints and starting investigations.

Anybody know how to research that stuff?

15. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Sure. I had no idea who I bought the spot from, thanks for reminding me.

16. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

If I were in this queue it would be a concern to me that the restaurant appears to be in trouble (as somebody else pointed out, no way is a sale at this point going to be for a profit- think of all the initial fixed costs...). you guys need to get onto paypal, if you do it en masse the company will have to take you seriously

1 person likes this.
  17. Ngredient

Ngredient Well-Known Member

So what's it going to take? Shall we collate a list of people ready for chargeback complaints to Paypal in the upcoming days if no proper response is received from Drew?

18. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Back to the first pull on the surplus storage items, I pinpointed and shipped most of them, and then pulled out more; this is what I have currently (database of spec and size on these will be made in Excel, at which point a lot of rest of them will find their homes if they have one )

[​IMG]

They are being sorted and cross checked with the make sheet:

[​IMG]

These are completed slips that go back about 8 months until now. There is about 10x this stack offsite which go back to beginning of the cutoff run. These have to be cross checked with all of the above.

[​IMG]

On the make sheet side of things - a problem is that people have changed their individual orders so many times over that when it comes time for a batch off the make sheet, the batch can’t go in because all the info is outdated and it holds up dozens of pieces at a time. That is probably the biggest factor affecting the timing. It used to be that it was clearer who was still changing specs and could be skipped, but now it’s not as clear and the specs have to be checked in the emails again, and it has slowed down things. That is the current situation on the production side.

2 people like this.
  19. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Refunds?

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  20. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

robinsongreen, that is simply untrue and the restaurant is far from failing - Korean commercial real estate doesn’t work this way. I suppose it might be true in Western countries but Korea has a two part pay on the property to open- security deposit (fixed) and the complete improvement costs (fitout)(variable) - both are recoupable in full on a turnover and the roost important objective of opening a store is to drive your footprint’s value as high as possible whereby you ask an added cost (which can be multiples) for your development. My opening precipitated four new concept opens adjacent, and it’s to be seen what will continue to pop up, as Korea develops incredibly quickly and rents in popular areas tend to double when turned over.