1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

@masshi
    what was your order date?

2. masshi

masshi Senior member

dude whose spot i bought ordered on 8/01/2013 and he requested a refund on 11/04/2014

i bought his spot on 2/05/2015 and got my size and color confirmed with charly on 2/18/2015

3. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

So shit. The TOJ0 (Black/Black) was the first jacket I ordered and it's coming up to 87 weeks.

4. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Embrace it bro. I'm so close to 90. I really hope I don't get my jacket in the next 5 days!

5. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

holy shit this is still going on?

6. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

[​IMG]

INSTEAD OF THIS?

[​IMG]

Drew strikes again.

7. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Senior member

I just want my jacket so I can stop reading this thread. Winter has come around again and I haven't received shit

8. Spaghettimatt

Wait wait. Hold on. Is that wool ACTUALLY different?

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  9. nbird

nbird Member

10. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

11. Spaghettimatt

Actual helpful post for once:

I think you are right about your shoulders throwing off oyur TOJ0 fit relative to others'. If I remember when you posted those shots of you shirtless, you have really hanger shoulders for someone so skinny.

12. nbird

nbird Member

Quote:

2 people like this.
  13. masshi

masshi Senior member

actually, after looking through the gallery again, it seems like a lot of other people's toj0s fit kind of loosely in the sleeves as well, so i'm assuming that that's how they're "supposed" to fit (i guess i just had selective memory regarding "hugging the wearer's arms")

would love to be able to try on a 44 to compare, though, if i can somehow ever get the chance (bay area sf crew, holla at yo boooooi)

and regarding the wool, yeah, mine is definitely twill (?) and not fuzzy

would've preferred fuzzy wool, actually, now that i've had time to think about it, but whatever

if i ever find myself in an empty restroom or a fitting room or something with a full-body mirror i'll take a fit pic or two

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  14. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

varsity with slim sleeves would probably not look great.

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You guys are making me crazy.

Twill is just a generic term for a type of weave. which has a higher warp to weft ratio, so that there is a diagonal weave in the fabric. Denim is a twill, usually a 3x1 twill. I have twill shirts. I have a Fox Flannel Nigel Cabourn coat that is a fuzzy wool twill. The military blankets used for Monitaly jackets... a twill. "Broken" twill denim, in which the direction (left or right hand) of the weave is switched every several runs, was developed so that tears would not propagate, and was used for cowboy jeans. It looks like... herringbone.

There are different types of fabric that you might be referring to when you refer to "fuzzy" wool. One is just a fuzzy twill. Another is boiled wool, which is often made of a knit which is then boiled to tighten up the weave. Melton wool is actually a finely woven material, but it is brushed to a fine nap, so that none of the weave is actually visible. It differs from boiled wool in touch and feel though. It is much more dense and much less "spongy" to the touch. In my experience, the constituent yarns are actually quite fine as well, so while it is a thick material, and stands up well to the outdoors, it is not as snag and tear resistant as some other heavier wovens which use coarser, thicker yarns. It is, however, really good for wind and water resistance, which is the reason it is used in naval peacoats.

A worsted wool, usually associated with suiting, is made from yarn that has been spun to be compact and smooth.

I expect that when you are talking about "twill" vs. "fuzzy", you are talking about some woven vs melton.

15 people like this.
  16. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

THE KNOWLEDGE BOMB DROP KABOOM

17. Lolawolf

Lolawolf Well-Known Member

I keep having second thoughts about how long I want my A2 (if it ever comes) to be.

The ones posted on the gallery look too cropped for my liking. I asked for 22" front, and I stand 5'6" (with a proportional build). Can someone affirm that I'm not crazy?

18. Spaghettimatt

I'm shorter than you and took a 20" front on a moto. Jackets with ribbing are an inch longer generally so I would take a 21" in an A2. I think 22" is fine for you.

19. Lolawolf

Lolawolf Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Now I just hope I get it. I have a 2014 order :(

20. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Once this clusterfuck ends, one way or the other. That will be the end of "ToJ" very likely.