1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

I KNOW... Crazy shit. I like how he got the intern to copy all the Aero patterns before he jumped ship too.

2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

The guy got in deep psychologically and just could not stop.

He wasn't alone either. Another employee of Aero made 118 jackets under the main thief's supervision, then jumped ship to Alexander Leathers with him.

3. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Well shit. So... don't buy from Alexander Leathers, basically?

4. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

Well shit they are technically Aero Leathers, and I bet some people would see that and cop them anyways. Now that they have the patterns can they even use them legally given evidence of what they did?

5. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

6. Spaghettimatt

Basically.... owner of Aero hired a kid in the 1980s to work for him as a leather cutter. Twenty years later owner of Aero retired and left that kid, now a seasoned Aero vet, in charge of the company and the dude basically fucked him by (I think... correct me if I"m wrong) a) stealing all of his patterns, attempting to steal his workers, and starting Alexander Leathers, and b) selling Aero Leathers on Ebay for cheaper than they otherwise retail and thus ruining their market.

Is that basically right?

3 people like this.
  7. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

If only Dan had done this to drew instead

3 people like this.
  8. masshi

masshi Senior member

i was checking my e-mail more often than usual this past week given that last e-mail he sent me regarding sending my toj0 out "shortly"

haven't gotten anything, but then again a lot people have claimed to never have gotten tracking, right?

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

lol fedora lounge lol

10. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

He basically conned the factory into producing jackets and other items without record, and sending jackets to Iron Heart in exchange for jeans.

Then he took all that product and sold it for a fraction of the price on ebay.

Then after making 200k he went to Alexander Leathers and brought the patterns with him, and got an intern to make even more jackets for him to sell.

One of the con-men in on it with him went to Alexander too.

The owner of Aero, who was already retired and survived a recent heart attack, was forced to return to work once again.

The woman who gave permission to the con man for all the financial hijinks (She opened the con man a line of credit because she "felt sorry for him" LOL) jumped ship as well.

Literally everyone the owner of Aero trusted with his company stole from him and shit in his face.

11. Spaghettimatt

Really, truly awful. I feel so bad for Ken Calder.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well, if anyone cared, here is the end of the Aero story. http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotla...ather-clothing-boss-guilty-of-theft-1-3762204

It's a fucking shame. I have an Aero from Thurston Bros, and it is really spectacular. I want a leather type 3 jacket, and was wavering between Aero and Lost Worlds, and given the great experience that I've had with Thurston's custom program for Aero jackets, and this news, that tipped my decision solidly to Aero.

I know that Nigel Cabourn has been using Alexander Leathers, but I imagine that he will be going back to Aero after this.

1 person likes this.
  13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Oh, and on another note, I now have the sample of the Johnson's Leather for @HonourMark jacket in hand. It's good. I think that a lot of you guys looking for a minimalist moto will like this thing. I've been wearing it, just to get the feel for it, and will take pictures soon and set up a new thread. We are still figuring out pricing!

1 person likes this.
  14. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I can't wait to see photos.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  15. Spaghettimatt

From Grailed:

Shit like this stresses me way out.

16. Onehitwonder

Onehitwonder Active Member

Wow the Aero leather incident is truly heartbreaking... I hope to be able to support that company in some way through the future. The whole ordeal sounds like some mom and pop shop was being backstabbed when the truth is even bigger in scale.

(but at the same time I also guiltily wished that I had copped some of the underpriced Aero jackets on Ebay...)

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  17. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

18. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

Drew. Please respond to your emails and give us an update!don't make everything get worse!

19. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

haha my man is riding hard. On another note, it's crazy that when he checks in he posts with this aura of "u should be grateful I'm even posting on here, I'll deliver ur jackets if and when I want to, and there isn't shit u can do about it" attitude. Like has he even apologized?

2 people like this.