1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. LPatterson

LPatterson Senior member

Are you factoring in those who are ready or will buy? Or just everyone in general including those who just want to voice their opinion?
    I can't speak for the others who voted Harrington (aside from Razele, who'd probably instakop too), but I'd paypal him almost immediately after sizing. The thing with Varsities is that there are always a fair number of them floating around B&S and sufu. Suede Harringtons are the fucking white whales of TOJ pieces.

2. SPK

SPK Senior member

TOJ1 has my vote if we're bring something back from the archives. For something new, reversible harrington/varsity jacket? 2 jackets in one!

3. computurd

computurd Senior member

What's wrong with you guys? How about BOTH the Harrington and TOJ1? 2 years 2 jackets lol

Seriously though I am leaning more towards the TOJ1, I have always wanted an ma1 that didn't look like something some old Greek dad would wear to the market and the varsity can be there for toj nostalgia-sakes. People are right though they are kinda getting overdone which is why I'd probably just get it in black on black or something a bit less obvious

4. morkra

morkra Member

5. blynch

blynch Senior member

What about this jacket as a redo... even though it was a one of three (if I remember correctly)
    best toj bomber imo, love the pockets. Also agree that suede harrington would also be great to bring back, awesome piece that went under the radar. I think maybe people have a harder time justifying spending that sum of cash on suede than on leather, probably why so few were bought.

6. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Count me in for a harrington. I always regretted missing out on that.

7. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Def the Harrington.

8. LionelFrankenstein

LionelFrankenstein Senior member

I wanted a leather harrington when it was around but I think I'd rather a BCDR or MDR for a leather now. The harrington in suede was really nice though.
    TOJ1 re-release could be interesting, I'd probably go for a different colourway than Jason Bourne this time around.
    My TOJ priority now is leather but that can always be added to we'll see.

9. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

What about this jacket as a redo... even though it was a one of three (if I remember correctly)

Will sell you mine in 48 for 1K (3)

10. sahbryant

sahbryant Senior member

yes, this please

11. Meis

Meis Senior member

Count me in for a harrington. I always regretted missing out on that.

+1, suede harrington was awesomeness.

12. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

So happy seeing all these Harrington votes [​IMG] I challenge anyone to look me in the eyes and with a straight face tell me this right here isn't the smoothest and hottest shit you've ever seen - [​IMG] I fucks with the Gore-Tex Harrington also, probably more usable day-to-day, but that suede...

13. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I challenge anyone to look me in the eyes and with a straight face tell me this right here isn't the smoothest and hottest shit you've ever seen -

Looks kinda old mannish.

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Looks kinda old mannish.
    real talk. it looks like a great piece, but I'd rather see a varsity (fuck tha haters) or maybe a toj down jacket with super nice flannel/corduroy/wool/leather detailing. harington does look better worn though [​IMG]

15. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

TOJ1 [​IMG]

...or someone can sell me there's in 44.

16. Wang03

Wang03 Well-Known Member

Goretex Harrington in Navy or Black (someone suggested a reversible harrington, can that be done Drew? If so I'd get light grey lambskin on the other side)

or

TOJ1 in Navy goretex on one side, navy with white sleeves on the other.

Shit if both came out I'd buy both right now. These jackets would complete my warmer weather outerwear for a couple of years.

17. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

I'll leave the votes open for a couple more days. [​IMG]

If you're voting for something, add in what kind of color/vision you have for it, that will help as well.

well if you're taking votes then...

winter varsity (w/ non raglan sleeves [​IMG])

in classic collegiate colors

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

only jacket i would purchase at the moment if currently available

18. lxh

lxh Active Member

this

19. morkra

morkra Member

The thing about the "Aeglus" bomber that I like is that I see some Harrington style was channeled into it...

20. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Looks kinda old mannish.
    +1. And I'm more on the conservative side and probably one of the older ToJ customers as well.

The Harrington, albeit I know is rare, does nothing for me.

Nonetheless, I'm still eager to see what the outcome would be. [​IMG]