1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Senior member

You didnt quote the whole thing which makes it even funnier.

4 people like this.
  2. deadbilly

deadbilly Well-Known Member

Wasn't width @ bicep the usual specification?

3. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

For those who have received jackets recently, did you get tracking or an e-mail beforehand or did they just show up one day?

4. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Don't think anyone mentioned tracking, they just show up all of a sudden.

5. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Half an inch off width measurements is a problem.

Length might be less of an issue depending if it's body or sleeve.

Drew should accept the return and make u a new one. That's what they have done in the past. Hopefully he responds and provides you with instructions. THEY SHOuld also refund you the shipping cost to send back.

6. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Half an inch off is honestly mental masturbation. It really doesn't make a real difference

7. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

wrong

its a whole inch all the way around

huge difference

1 person likes this.
  8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Half inch is like half a size or whole size especially on sleeve width

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  9. yznerf

yznerf New Member

Thanks rbnman. I've already sent Drew/TOJ an email asking if there's anything that can be done. If they are willing to produce a new jacket (I fear unlikely given the state of TOJ), I just hope it doesn't mean another 2 years of waiting :p. Measurement aside- the quality of the jacket is amazing, leather, buttons, zips and all.

Also I received processing information, but no actual updates on movement until a "you missed our delivery" note popped up on my front door.

10. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Your welcome. Just cause dan and Charly aren't around doesn't mean Drew doesn't owe the same duty of care to us.

I've experience the same issues with toj before and in my latest email to Drew I've asked him to acknowledge that he do a quality check of my jacket before shipping it out. It's in his best interests as well to do this and I would encourage everyone hear to ask the same of him.

However I'm still yet to hear from Drew after almost 3 weeks.

I think I read that the dude who posted neg feedback on the restaurant retracted them. If this is true, I personally think it was retracted too early.

11. peternorth

peternorth Senior member

In the same boat for a MA-1 & CWU August, did you receive a email on shipping?

12. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

no word on large wallets at all-- emailed & posted here

guess that's another promise besides refunds that will be unfulfilled

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Balmain safety pin jacket, I know a girl who has the bag and it is cheesy but goes fine with many street looks. I know you guys are being ironic but still...

[​IMG]

14. Spaghettimatt

Wait so it's literally a leather jacket with safety pins attached down the zipper? That's it? That's your fucking grail piece?

I thought OJ was joking/trolling when I first saw that picture.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  15. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Yeah, genius - just like TOJ is literally a leather jacket that you wait 2 years for only to get shitty leather jacket with the wrong measurements.

Same thing, right? Or worse? Or...

16. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

ToJ products are good. Wore my MA-1 today, great fit.

The problem is the delivery.

17. hmtwrk

hmtwrk Senior member

i actually like your slp jacket, it's a pretty interesting piece and although it is definitely out of my price range, i would kill for one. you seem like a pretty chill dude and are generally pretty helpful in other threads so i gotta ask why you come here and act all salty and kick people when they're down? have you handled a toj before? your opinion is valid why?

6 people like this.
  18. Spaghettimatt

K thx bro. What I meant is that I cannot picture a scenario in which I see a bunch of 5 cent safety pins hanging off a leather jacket on the street and do not think it looks cheap and tacky. I thought he was joking because it does, in fact, look cheap and tacky. Even worse that it's a Balmain and probably retails for like $3k+.

The current TOJ situation is absurd. I haven't argued otherwise for the past 6-8 months.

Where's that music you said you'd upload for the thread a few weeks ago?

19. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Yeah, sorry man - I am a pretty chill dude! Something about this thread gets me riled up, I guess - I will just avoid it from now on, thanks.

Just to answer your questions - please look back at my posts and you will notice I never went after TOJ for being inferior quality. I have only criticized TOJ for their business practices and questioned why people defend it, mostly. Any criticisms from me re: TOJ quality have been relative to all the other TOJ BS and the fact that there are alternatives (despite people insisting otherwise). In light of the ridiculous wait times and the fact that TOJ is nothing special (design or style-wise) I was questioning why anyone would now buy spots, etc. after all the TOJ BS.

Anyway - I'll apologize and let you all get back to talking TOJ.