1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. janoy89

janoy89 Senior member

Pls don't buy that jacket I don't want you to ruin it for me.

2 people like this.
  2. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I think it's decent in a Thom Browne / BoO short & cropped sort of way. The arms are long enough and it doesn't look like it's pulling anywhere. Not sleazy & slouchy the way some people prefer it, but fine if that's the direction you want to go in. Unless it's a 50, in which case you should probably just sell it to me.

3. Mack Teng

Mack Teng New Member

Thanks for all the input guys. I was wearing a heavy button down under the jacket in my first pic so I took another few pictures wearing only a tshirt. Any better?

And ya, I usually go for a shorter fit for most jackets, mainly cuz i'm short as fuck and it helps a bit with the proportions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    2 people like this.
  4. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Now you've just got me all confused. [​IMG] I'm the type who drinks artisanal coffee (when I drink coffee at all), doesn't go to nightclubs but goes to speakeasies, likes martinis, doesn't do crossfit (but is in decent shape). On the other hand I have fantastic hair (though sadly not blond).

By the way, will there be any option for other colors? I realized I don't actually like black leathers much at all...

@ChrisGold : Try the Intarsia? I'm shocked at how easily it pairs with my generally j press/BB stuff.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You have time for all of that? I spend all my time in front of a lighted screen, so I'm not going to be able to help you.

Maybe talk to someone with a life.

2 people like this.
  6. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

What would academic culture be without endless bars and alcohol culture...we basically alternate between staring at screens and staring at half-empty drinks.

7. seabrass

seabrass Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Did you just get this from Drew, or did you buy this from someone else? Please dude, as much as I want to give you fit pics, I would love to know more about how this affects the wait times. I think your jacket is a bit too tight, unfortunately. You could just lose some weight, though?

8. misterswag

misterswag Senior member

Mack - Given your stature, I can see how you'd prefer the shorter fit. Still thinks it looks a little unflattering with the button down and buttoned up. With both arms relaxing, in your tee, it looks like it suits you a little more. The dark t-shirt/dark pants makes it a little difficult to give a great assessment, but I think you're OK to keep.

edit: lol at telling Mack to lose weight. Dude looks like he's the skinniest he'll ever be.

9. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I would not wear a button up shirt with a baseball style jacket.

10. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

I think the jacket fits, no problem there. I would wear different shoes with that outfit, however.

11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Synthese made the bball jacket popular, most didn't realize his jacket was a 52 or 54 and tried to squeeze themselves into a 46/48.

Definitely size up. It's slim as shit, coupled with the high arm holes and shoulder design, sizing up is the way to go. Plus, it looks better relaxed.

4 people like this.
  12. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

miss TOJ....and maybe its too soon..
    but does anyone know any M2M leather jacket makers to try now that TOJ is no longer taking orders?

13. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

Which jacket do you think would work better with a mostly business casual wardrobe? I'm guessing the Johnson one?

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Definitely.

15. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

It's tight in the midsection but like all loose on the arms. Weird.

16. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Jacket looks perfect fit wise. Just my opinion

17. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

i agree. Maybe it's just his body structure the jacket looks small

18. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

Selling August 2013 spot. PM for detail.

19. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

You guys are ignoring the really simple, obvious truth. It fits fine. Its just an ugly jacket. Synthese looked great in it because he usually looks great and the jacket just happened to be there, on him.

If you like the baseball jacket style, Band of Outsiders makes great ones with really nice fabrics and colour palettes. The grey and beige suede used on the TOJ's are bland, dreary, and depressing. It looks like a jacket Winston Smith would wear in 1984.

2 people like this.
  20. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

I don't know why people keep talking about bedazzle when that jacket is clearly vajazzle, what with those big floppy lapels and everything.

2 people like this.