1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

So now that ninopwns has hopefully fucked off...

Charly, two questions:

1. Can you give us any sense of wtf is going with day to day operations in SK right now? Is Drew still directing operations and Dan sending out the jackets pro-bono or is Dan just sending out the shit that is left in stock with nothing new being produced? Maybe you don't even know.

2. If we draft up an e-mail for you, would you be willing to forward it to Drew?

Thanks.

2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

ninopwned

13 people like this.
  3. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Also serious question because since I know there are a few of us in this situation - is there any word on if we're getting a refund or a daypack? I guess it's ultimately Drew's decision but just haven't heard anything in a long while.

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

1. This is what I'm gathering.. Drew is still paying vendors and our tailors but I do know at what rate. But I do know, from Daniel that there are new jackets being made weekly. He's been so kind enough to take time out of his busy schedule to make runs to the tailors and vendors to make sure things are being made.

2. If you draft up an email and send it to the toj email account, I will surely forward it to Drew.

3 people like this.
  5. cutemelon

cutemelon Senior member

is this the googledoc 2.0?

1 person likes this.
  6. Spaghettimatt

Great. Thanks on both counts. I'll see what I can do re: consensus from all on that e-mail.

It sounds like the problem is less about money (barring you guys not getting paid) than it is time availability, work flow, organization, etc. on Drew's part. If that analysis is incorrect and you are at liberty to divulge, please let us know.

7. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I don't want to assume anything.

But I will tell you that Daniel and I haven't been paid in about a year.

8. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

googledoc2.0 is for when B0Bs4g3t visits our houses

I don't think a spreadsheet has enough rows to handle the amount of complaints this has generated.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  9. Spaghettimatt

Yeah that's troubling and honestly kind of bizarre. My understanding is that Drew and Daniel work together on the restaurant, so how the fuck do these two dudes see each other consistently and not kill each other if Drew owes him lots of back pay.

But it seems clear that at some level, whether time or money, that restaurant really fucked everything up.

/end speculation

Anyways thanks for the earlier clarification.

10. Kerrick

Kerrick Well-Known Member

I've been wondering if that's the most accurate way of looking at it, or if the restaurant is more a symptom (of Drew already being emotionally checked out/pathologically avoidant of ToJ operations.)

It's sort of immaterial in the end I guess.

11. Spaghettimatt

I just find it very difficult to believe that some dude who has built up 4 years of goodwill here is going to just up and say:

1. Fuck it I don't care about this mountain of orders that is going on two years late now and that was placed in good faith for a decent chunk of change.

2. Fuck these two guys I've been friends and co-workers with for several years now. I'm not paying them shit.

Especially one that is opening new/other businesses and thus relies on employees and customers to make his living. Call me naive but whatever.

12. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Naive.

3 people like this.
  13. Raf Swimmins

Raf Swimmins Member

14. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

I'd like to hear what your logic is on why refunds (which literally takes a few clicks on a computer) are in limbo.

15. Spaghettimatt

No idea, obviously. The only money-related thing I can imagine is that if ToJ is a US company, Drew got fucked with taxes/the IRS given recent crackdowns.

I still don't buy the restaurant money funneling thing because supposedly Dan is a partner in that, and for that to be true one would have to assume Dan was in on it.

16. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

1. Do you not think that ToJ $$ was inter-mingled with restaurant funds? Do you not see the possibility that as ToJ $$ came in, he MAY have used some of that for the restaurant......no matter how many times that he has professed that this was not the case.

So that decent chunk of change is maybe a half decent chunk. Hence, materials can't be bought, people can't be paid and jackets can't be made and shipped at the pace they once were.

2. See answer #1.

17. Spaghettimatt

This has been discussed endlessly here, and I fully see the possibility in that. Drew has denied it several times, but obviously he does not have enough good will at this point for us to take him at his word. As I said the main thing that gives me pause on the restaurant funds scenario is that Dan is involved and he appears to be disgruntled as well.

18. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

... or maybe it's as simple as Drew no longer gives a fuck about customers waiting 1.5 years... since priorities change.

2 people like this.
  19. Spaghettimatt

That's fine. Doesn't really explain not giving a fuck about paying your employees though.

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The fact that orders are trickling in, and rather haphazardly, suggests that this is the case. My team and I fulfilled 70+ boots, last week, and it took a full 2.5 days for three people. And we have a good professional backend. Doing this via PayPal only and emails would be a logistical nightmare. For an unmotivated person...

Incidentally, refunding orders that old is harder than a few clicks.

Not any excuse for Drew, but a possible scenario of what is going on.

1 person likes this.