1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

:confused:

2. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

I had a feeling you'd be the first to say something about that.

3. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

"HAHA Look at that IDIOT with his jacket!"

*still waiting 2 years*

4. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Yes. Hold on. Let me hit Drew up on Snapchat...

Okay he said he'll post an update in an hour.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  5. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Damn man i dunno how you get a hold of him so quickly ive been sending him pics of my junk on snapchat for moooonths..and...nothing

6. dieworkwear

I like the new title for this thread.

6 people like this.
  7. Spaghettimatt

The secret is to tease him out. Don't show your hand right away. Send increasingly revealing dick pics and it'll keep him wanting.

1 person likes this.
  8. Spaghettimatt

Seriously though, heathrow, everyone is increasingly worried. Drew will post an update if/when he wants but there's no way to force him to, really. Jackets are trickling out at a pretty steady pace now. I'm guessing we'll have another shipment next week.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Jefferyd, who does custom, but has extensive experience in RTW as well, and has been in pretty high design positions are big companies, did a series of articles about Indochino on his really good blog: http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com/search?q=indochino

He went to one of their tradeshows, and as you can see from his photo, the fit looks dead on to an untrained eye, and even to a trained eye, looks pretty darn good:
    [​IMG]

But, if you do your own measurements, or your fitter is not as skilled, etc... you could look much, much, worse. Same goes for any custom project. Maybe a poncho or a muumuu is the exception.

10. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

July 12 order here... This trickle must be the trickliest trickle that ever tricked

2 people like this.
  11. Spaghettimatt

What's your order?

12. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

Glazing on leather means something different than it does on almost any other material. It isn't a substance that is applied to the jacket, like a "lacquer" or outer coat, but rather a process of running a glass polishing wheel over the leather, at a fairly high pressure. It tends to mute the grain (temporarily, until you begin to break the jacket in) and bring out more of an initial shine. Shell Cordovan typically goes through this process, as does Horween CXL. Japanese tanners often use a similar process of hot pressing the leather to make the surface smoother. I suppose someone could mistake the surface shine for "plastic" but the hand of the hide should still show that it's high quality. (if it is indeed, high quality)

4 people like this.
  13. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

Not only did he go to a non-leather jacket company, but he asked them to make one of the most complicated patterns for any type of moto jacket. The double zipper is an iconic Lewis design and cannot be easy to duplicate correctly, certainly not on the first try.

14. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

Black lamb Dr2013, silver hardware

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

...and from a photo. They didn't even have a sample to break down and work from. I mean, tbh, it actually looks relatively okay, given the situation. I would not have been surprised if he'd gotten a jacket that looked like the menswear sometimes made on Project Runway.

Also, I've never heard of the Luxire guys just shout down someone that way. I figure that everyone has a breaking point, and apoarently theirs was getting threatening emails when you are just a couple of weeks late on a very complicated MTO that you've never attempted before. if you've ever done custom anything, you know that couple of weeks is nothing. Yeah, a few months, and you might start getting agitated. But a few weeks is pretty much par for the course,

2 people like this.
  16. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

My first thought was that this wasn't bad for a first attempt... If he wanted a Lewis jacket he should have bought a Lewis jacket. So many times in the MTM motorcycle jacket world, people that are unhappy end up admitting that they fudged their measurements to make sure the sleeves were long enough (ended up too long), chest was trim enough (ended up too tight) because they didn't trust the pattern maker. So the producers have to deal with that also. The more I know about MTM clothing, especially when taking internet orders, the less I'd want anything to do with this business.

17. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

I agree, and it's a bit funny, he even says in his review he plans on wearing it to ride, I just don't even see the point in going to Luxire in the first place other than just trying to save some money. There's not even a real stylistic reason to when you want a Lewis Lightning in a riding leather...

18. dieworkwear

A more accurate title for this thread: "The New Official ToJ Thread -- Updated Complaints, Etc ..."

19. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

He posted the email that he sent them down in the comments. It looked more out of desperation and as a last resort. Either way, the reply was unprofessional and will definitely hurt their image.

20. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

:crackup:

1 person likes this.