1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@sinnedk haha, no...I'm pretty sure the #1 troll move is to NEVER post fit pics and make fun of everyone else's shit. Or, to take other people's pics and insert them into unrelated threads just to distract from your own BS. Weak.

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Johnson Leathers in SF? He makes good stuff, although whats on the actual rack in store is not interesting, the custom piece i've seen is great.

thread about JL leathers

Sorry to break the topic for a minute.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  3. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

The contemporary floor at Barney's is a good analogy. I think of the designs as akin to the stuff you see from APC, Ami, or Acne. Although ToJ often feels like it has a little more edge than those companies.

Dude, get over it. You came in here telling people you don't understand why they're "banging their heads over ToJ" when you bought two "actual leather jackets." You then bragged about how you paid about $3,500 for them total, and how great they are ("extremely nice jackets, very fitted, and the leather is gorgeous").

I originally pointed out that what you bought was a studded DR that wasn't anything like what ToJ offered, but when you kept pushing the matter, I also said that it was butt ass ugly. Sorry man -- you paid $2,000 for something that's butt ass ugly. I don't know how else to put it to you. Stop coming in here to brag about your hideous SLP.

[​IMG]

24 people like this.
  4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

this thread is so epic

1 person likes this.
  5. dieworkwear

[​IMG]

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

:lol: not hating.

7. sleepless

sleepless Senior member

Your $XXXX jacket is still drag-queen worthy. Nothing you say changes that.

8. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^Oh, I see. That's what this is about. Ha, OK - you can take out all your feelings of inadequacy on me, whatever.

c ya.

9. dieworkwear

For the record, I don't have a problem with drag queens. Or even with really aggressive styles. I like what @brad-t posts on this forum, for example.

But when you came in here saying you don't understand why people are banging their heads over ToJ, when they could just go to the store and buy an RO and SLP for $3,500 total, you left out the most important part: your SLP looks nothing like what ToJ offers. Neither does Rick Owens.

And when you kept pushing me on it, I told you that your jacket was ugly.

But what the hell do you care. I'm just some dude on the internet. You obviously like it, so enjoy. It's just not relevant to people's wait for ToJ.

1 person likes this.
  10. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

lmao

4 people like this.
  11. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Local area cis man doesn't like studded leather jacket.

9 people like this.
  12. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Alright so to move away from bashing Prudy, there's like 3 posters who received jackets last week who said they were going to post up pictures but have yet to deliver. Steer us back on course, please.

13. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

Just scored on Grailed. Super excited to get a calf rider in [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

It's just a side effect of TOJ.

You open the box and go "WOW! I gotta show this off. I'm going to post pictures for everyone to see!"

So you tell everyone you're going to get fit pics for them as soon as you get the chance.

Then you actually put it on. The smell of that leather, the feel of that leather. The combination of it all doesn't just change you physically, it mentally changes you into Drew Keith... so you don't deliver as promised.

8 people like this.
  15. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Don't love the black zips, but it's a nice jacket fo sho.

16. patagonianwild

patagonianwild Senior member

Aha! So it wasn't the reddit-guy who bought toj-gallery.com after all!

17. seabrass

seabrass Well-Known Member

n/m

18. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

The funniest thing is the fuccbois who have bought 4-5 TOJ jackets when that much money could have even bought a CCP (would probably even arrive faster too)

I get buying TOJ if you only have 800 to spend but you are drinking the kool aid if youve dropped 4k: who needs 5 mediocre leather jackets?

19. misterswag

misterswag Senior member

If all TOJ models were still available for purchase, I'd definitely pick up the suede harrington and maybe a T1 suede . The CWU or aviator jacket looks good too for a leather jacket and very wearable as well. I think the double rider and moto looks pretty poor on the bulk of wearers. The jackets just look a little aggressive considering the rather "soft" look and personality of the bulk of the people wearing them. People are wearing them less Sid-Viciousy (think he'd rock that studded leather no problem) and more like a J. Crew model who has happened to misplaced his field mechanic jacked and a double ride just happened to be there for him to throw on.

I am in agreement with Fuuma that the average TOJ buyer isn't really terribly fashion oriented. It's much like the previous discussions on how through the media and recent trends, food around the US (and elsewhere) has been "elevated" by the explosion of "foodie culture". The "swag" movement towards being a little more clothing conscious (rappers/entertainers repping tom ford, givenchy, and on lower tiers Supreme) has similarly affected the average 15-30 year old male in the US. I'd make the bet that the average dude on here won't eventually "graduate" to RO/SLP/etc not only because of financial costs, but because they don't really identify with fashion culture to that degree.

In other news, are there any other daypackers out there waiting for a bag? I was told mine would ship out a month ago now. No word since then, at all. Can't get a refund either so I guess I'll pretend to act chill in this consumer limbo lest I come off as a "uncool/annoying" customer.

20. StPauli

StPauli Senior member

I have a spot or two for sale if interested. PM me.