1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

If you're going to spend 2-3 years on a jacket, don't feel "eeh" about it, lol.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

The safest bet is to buy what you like. If what you like isn't for sale, design it, and have it made by a reputable jacketmaker. ... Isn't that sort of how ToJ got into leather jackets in the first place?

Just don't buy one thing and expect it to have the same effect as something else...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  3. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

Closest thing is a Blackmeans DR I guess

4. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

If there was a realistic alternative to TOJ, with comparable designs and quality at a similar pricepoint we wouldn't be here, would we.

2 people like this.
  5. lolandor

lolandor Active Member

Man that oxblood Bottega Veneta looks horrible compared to an oxblood ToJ.

6. Liber

Liber Senior member

Looking for anything in black size 48, send me a PM!

7. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

2-3 years? Wtf do you people do to your clothes that it'll be unwearable after 2-3 years...

8. Kap120

Kap120 Senior member

I think he means the wait, friend.

9. flatspotting

flatspotting Senior member

Alright, so I am chatting with a couple people about maybe buying a spot for my wife for a Quilted DR, but now I am hoping to find a spot for me.

I am hoping to buy someones TOJ0 Spot, as long as they are willing to sell it at cost, and email Charli to make sure it's all okay. Let me know... I would quite like a Grey/Black TOJ0

10. masshi

masshi Senior member

what happened to that vanson/thurston/styleforum dr?

11. wangjt

wangjt Well-Known Member

12. rosauer

rosauer Member

First time posting in this thread so sorry if I'm asking the wrong things.

Been sending emails to the ToJ address regarding the updated status of my order and haven't gotten a reply in almost four months (Oct 23rd). I ordered a ToJ0 on Oct 20th 2013 and the last email said there are 4 batches of ToJ0s in front of mine. The last John Coppidge website update said the ToJ0s were being sent out as a group soon? Can anyone clarify?

Also has anyone gotten a reply back from either Charly or Drew recently? Sent an email asking to change the size of my jacket from a 44 to a 46 a few months ago and never got a reply back so kinda anxious about getting the wrong size out of nowhere in the mail.

I've already been waiting for 16 months so I think I can stick it out.

13. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Resend the sizing e-mail. Charly is responding to these inquiries.

You aren't going to get a response on the status update so stop asking about that and just wait it out.

Jacket types (like ToJ0s) get sent out in small, rotating "batches." Yours may or may not be in the next "batch." If it isn't it will be in a future batch sometime later in the cycle.

It sucks, but you cannot get more information than that right now. Nobody is happy about this.

3 people like this.
  14. aibnsamin

aibnsamin Well-Known Member

If one wanted to purchase a Toj0 spot, could they then pay the difference and change to to a wool MA-1?

15. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

can charly update the spreadsheet as jackets are made/shipped? it'll be easier to streamline the process, yes?

16. klonowj

klonowj Senior member

Has anyone had to return anything recently? I received the wrong jacket from a July 2013 order... I sent it back, but I cant get in contact with Dan to confirm if he received it. I'm worried no one is even at the address I was given to return it to.

17. oldfashionedbc

oldfashionedbc Active Member

Charly has no involvement on the shipment of products, so (no offense) he's no help in that department.

18. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

i'm sure charly would be more than willing to do even more work for free. that definitely sounds reasonable.

10 people like this.
  19. BluePlateKing

BluePlateKing Senior member

The spreadsheet has nothing to do with him.

20. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

Any word on recovering the gallery? Can you recover the backups and just upload the pictures to a google account or something?