• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No tracking yet for me (June 11 suiting wool MA-1).. And yes it's always USPS.

Kap120

Reaction score
Just wondering whether this sounded about right? First time buyer and really nervous

I'm 5'7, and my weight is currently 155lbs, but normally 145-150lbs

Shoulder to Shoulder - 16.5"

Chest - 38.6"
Midsection 33.4"
Waist 34.4"
Biceps 12.4"

and I'm not sure how long to have the jacket (MDR), does 20" sound too cropped?

Thanks

Are these your actual measurements or the ones suggested to you after contacting TOJ?

Aeth

Reaction score
Are these your actual measurements or the ones suggested to you after contacting TOJ?
Those are actual measurements by a friend, TOJ recommendations:

shoulders 16.5"
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.5"
midsection 18.5"
waist 18.6"
body length, front 20.5"
body length, back 22.5"
sleeve length, from shoulder 23.2"
sleeve width @ pit 7.1"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.2"
sleeve width @ cuff
4.9"

I'm normally a bit thinner and would prefer a more fitted look.

Reaction score
Deciding between the MDR and BCDR. Anyone think that the lack of chest zips on the BCDR on a size 50 is too much empty space?

magicalporks

Reaction score

shoulders 16.5"
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.5"
midsection 18.5"
waist 18.6"
body length, front 20.5"
body length, back 22.5"
sleeve width @ pit 7.1"
sleeve width @ cuff
4.9"

looks reasonable to me. you have like 30lbs on me and my measurements were only 0.5-1" smaller all around.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No tracking yet for me (June 11 suiting wool MA-1).. And yes it's always USPS.

Posted too soon. Just got a shipping email a couple minutes ago. Considering I'll be back in the country for my college's homecoming this weekend, sounds like a perfect time to wear my MA-1... Temperature will be perfect for it in Ohio around now too.

Last edited:

Donut

Reaction score

Posted too soon. Just got a shipping email a couple minutes ago. Considering I'll be back in the country for my college's homecoming this weekend, sounds like a perfect time to wear my MA-1... Temperature will be perfect for it in Ohio around now too.

Damn, ordered a week after but didn't get any tracking. Oh well guess I'm in the next batch.

Newo

Reaction score

Deciding between the MDR and BCDR. Anyone think that the lack of chest zips on the BCDR on a size 50 is too much empty space? 

I tend to keep it partially unzipped, anyhow, but I can see how some people wouldn't like the empty space if they preferred to keep it fully zipped (which they shouldn't do)

Kap120

Reaction score

shoulders 16.5"
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.5"
midsection 18.5"
waist 18.6"
body length, front 20.5"
body length, back 22.5"
sleeve width @ pit 7.1"
sleeve width @ cuff
4.9"

Looks pretty much identical to mine. My measurements are extremely close to yours as well. I'm 5'7'' as well and around 150-155 usually. The differences between our measurements are very small or non existent. Here are my measurements:
Shoulders: 17
Chest 38 5/8s
Midsection: 33 1/4
Hips: 34 1/2
Front: 21 1/2
Sleeve: 22 1/4
bicep: 13

Here are the ones that were suggested to me:
shoulders 16.8"
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.5"
midsection 18.5"
waist 18.8"
body length, front 21.3"
body length, back 23.3"
sleeve width @ pit 7.2"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.3"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.0"

Hope this helps!

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aeth, is your waist body measurement over jeans and a belt?

Aeth

Reaction score
Aeth, is your waist body measurement over jeans and a belt?
I was wearing jeans but pretty sure it wasn't over jeans and the belt when my friend measured
Looks pretty much identical to mine. My measurements are extremely close to yours as well. I'm 5'7'' as well and around 150-155 usually. The differences between our measurements are very small or non existent. Here are my measurements:
Shoulders: 17
Chest 38 5/8s
Midsection: 33 1/4
Hips: 34 1/2
Front: 21 1/2
Sleeve: 22 1/4
bicep: 13

Here are the ones that were suggested to me:
shoulders 16.8"
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.5"
midsection 18.5"
waist 18.8"
body length, front 21.3"
body length, back 23.3"
sleeve width @ pit 7.2"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.3"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.0"

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Just want to make sure I get the shoulders right now (most important part if I'm not mistaken?), and I'll just go with the recommendations

Where exactly are people measuring the shoulders to shoulders from? I've checked the how to order page and still not 100% about it. A jacket that fits me well is about 17.5" from the largest part of seam to seam and my back shoulder measurement is around 18"-18.5"

Thanks again

phototropically

Reaction score
Good to hear. I ordered June 12th and am still waiting for my tracking number. I emailed charly right before too to check and see when it was going to be shipped before I checked this thread, d'oh!

adamsentz

Reaction score
Thinking about ordering a Collared Moto in brown. Any recommendations on whether to do with calf, lamb, or goat?

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was wearing jeans but pretty sure it wasn't over jeans and the belt when my friend measured

The belt's important. Make sure your jacket waist size is larger--how much is hard to say--than that jeans+belt measurement so that you're not squeezing yourself when u want to zip up. Maybe the old "your measurement times 1.1" p2p math would work here?

For shoulder measurement, feel the top of your shoulder. Do you feel where the bone stops? Measure from there to the same spot on the other shoulder. Of course if you've got a jacket that fits you well, I'd trust that measurement too. I was gonna say that 16.5 sounds like its on the small side for shoulders at 5'7" 150--not too small necessarily, but smallish, and everyone is a little different anyway.

Kap120

Reaction score
The belt's important. Make sure your jacket waist size is larger--how much is hard to say--than that jeans+belt measurement so that you're not squeezing yourself when u want to zip up. Maybe the old "your measurement times 1.1" p2p math would work here?

For shoulder measurement, feel the top of your shoulder. Do you feel where the bone stops? Measure from there to the same spot on the other shoulder. Of course if you've got a jacket that fits you well, I'd trust that measurement too. I was gonna say that 16.5 sounds like its on the small side for shoulders at 5'7" 150--not too small necessarily, but smallish, and everyone is a little different anyway.
Do you mind me asking what your jacket's shoulder measurement was in comparison to your actual measurement? I had a similar worry about my shoulder measurement, but earlier in the thread some people mentioned that they had smaller shoulder measurements for the jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads