1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Anyways, I need to go to sleep to wake up for my real job (that also doesn't pay well).

I'll try to answer a few emails tomorrow if my head is on straight.

2 people like this.
  2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

If it's anything like making weight for a fight, it absolutely sucks. I really admire the self restraint of the UFC level fighters who have to get on a plane to travel, and then do public appearances during the time they are cutting weight.

3. misterswag

misterswag Senior member

Yo I get Charly is doing it for free so I'm sorry to have pissed him off. Wasn't my point but it appears my tirade was directed at you(Charly)

Best of luck. And here's to hoping feb reigns in jackets and bags for everyone.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  4. Newo

Newo Senior member

Halo got you a little cranky?

5. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

But why isn't Charly getting paid? That still seems ridiculous to me. Is he not doing a job that needs to be done?!

(No snark, honest question.)

6. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

there's been zero explanation as to why production essentially stopped.

7. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

No way, thought it was polyfil.

8. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

very obvious misterswag is not criticizing charly, would require willful misreading to interpret it as such

4 people like this.
  9. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

My best guess is that TOJ staff (Charly and Dan) get a cut of every TOJ jacket order that comes in. So if all the orders finished up back in June 2014, theoretically staff wouldn't be paid thereafter. But obviously the work is not even close to being done... for whatever reason.

Just personal speculation though.

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Let's pretend we are Drew for a second.

Why would Drew need to hire someone to do emails when all there needs to do is for the shipping guy (the role that Dan used to play) to look up addresses and ship product?

Charly can't tell you when you're getting your stuff.
    Charly can't give you a refund.
    Charly can't sell your spot.
    Charly doesn't respond to you.
    Charly doesn't give confirmations.

So, what exactly does he do for you?

Sizing advice? That's long over.

11. Spaghettimatt

Are we pretty sure that Dan is no longer working for TOJ at this point? I hadn't heard that floated before... but it seems from Drew's recent updates that he is doing all of the shipping, etc.

I don't really buy the shit about Drew diverting TOJ funds into the restaurant, but I can imagine that he is now the only person doing the work in SK and really, truly, does not have time to do two 10+ hour/day jobs.

12. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Facilitate order changes, basically.

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Yea im just playing devils advocate here, from drews perspective.

How does paying someone to let people change their orders a year and a half down the line really do anything for him from a business perspective? Its money out of the pocket, extra work, and can lead to mistakes. Its easier to just take the stance of no changes and also no refunds

14. Spaghettimatt

Truth. But he hasn't taken either of those stances publicly I think.

15. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

16. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I may well be wrong, but I don't think that ToJ should be a 10+ hour/day job.

I remember reading that he sourced special leather for some jobs but, in general, Drew should simply be able to amass the orders that he has received and then pass them on to the various places that are making the jackets, presumably in some sort of spreadsheet format. Some time goes by, he gets the jacket back, he checks it off against his spreadsheet, he checks the mailing address, he packs it in a box, takes it to the post office and posts it off. He then sends an e-mail with shipping information.

If things were set up properly, he should be able to do all that in a few hours in one day or, at the most, in one day a week. It doesn't take much effort to pack stuff in boxes, take it to the post office, send it off and then send out e-mails with shipping info. The worst parts would be putting the boxes into his car, unpacking them at the post office, and filling out the postal slips.

17. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i remember charlie saying answering emails was a 16+ hours email a job cuz everybody kept emailing with retarded ass questions or changing measurements by 0.25 inches only to change it back

18. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

Definitely poly-fil.

19. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Of course, if Drew had got his act together and actually made the jackets in good time, Charlie wouldn't be wasting his time dealing with large amounts of e-mails from anxious, obsessive customers.

20. cellardoors

cellardoors Senior member

LULZ @ thinking they filled a leather jacket with down. Facepalm.