1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I had a black calf Moto (OG moto, not the more recent model) and I have a black calf 5 zip. The Toj calf didn't have as much "grain" to it as my Margiela, but it was thicker and "stiffer" (was resistant to movement, thick, sturdy kind of leather). I ended up getting rid of it because it was too thick and stiff for me (felt like I was wearing armor when I wanted a jacket I could wear to the bar), but it was by no means bad; just not what I wanted at the time.

2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Damn it was that stiff?

Couldn't you have just broken it in?

3. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

The way people tend to talk about toj calf is how a lot a lot of people talk about horsehide from other brands. The dudes in in the leather jacket thread when talking about sandro or attachment or mmm don't mention the super stiff 'armor' like quality of calf like toj owners do if that helps at all.

I'd be interested in someone whose felt toj calf and toj horsehide and what those differences are

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  4. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

@Distorbiant

Yeah I could have for sure, but I had plenty of outerwear (and still do), so it basically ended up getting rotated out. Just made sense to sell it after a couple months of seeing it hanging in my closet.

I wore it often for the first month or so I got it, but it didn't "settle" much in that time. Maybe if I did some yoga or stretches or some shit in it, it would have broken in easier (8)

5. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Calf suede ftw.

The thickness without the overly being overly stiff.

6. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

i don't venture far from this thread, so yeah it's extremely weird to see. I showed a couple of friends and coworkers and the general consensus/reply was "wth?people really do that?"

7. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

Do those people also not find going on fashion forums and taking fit pics to post for the internet equally weird?

If that's the case you've found a pretty open minded bunch, we can let the not liking floor outfits slide

8. Distorbiant

Waaah my social norms are being challenged.

1 person likes this.
  9. cellardoors

cellardoors Senior member

So.... positioning your clothing in a cool, attractive way (but that gives no sense of fit, matching, etc - eg what clothes are really about) is "challenging social norms"?? LOL!

10. Distorbiant

I thought clothes were really about protecting you from the elements and fulfilling social and moral expectations of society.

Now, thanks to Styleforum member cellardoors, I know their true purpose: fit and matching.

My social norms have been truly been challenged.

11. cellardoors

Seriously, what's with you and trotting out some tired "social norms" concern trolling? You want a moral superiority over a fucking grid photo?

12. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

Clearly tensions run high for anything posted in this thread.

Hopefully jackets are received soon to quell your testosterone..

1 person likes this.
  13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

wore my anaconda toj today and fuck it's still the coolest thing i own and represents the coolest shopping experience i've ever had

this whole saga is so goddamn depressing

16 people like this.
  14. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

There's another change coming, I can see it. Charly is probably thinking 'fuck, not him AGAIN.'

8 people like this.
  15. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Sooo...2 more weeks left in this month.

16. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

The TOJ calf is in my opinion not the same and not the same quality. For example, I felt the brown and black calf were (as other have described) very stiff, heavy, and obviously not as soft as the lamb. However, the Olive Italian calf is exceptionally nice. It is very thick, heavy, and yet very soft and supple to the touch. It's probably the best leather I have ever encountered on a jacket.

In comparison to other jackets: The brown and black are (again as others have said) less grainy and do feel more rigid than other jackets I have encountered. The TOJ jackets are probably heavier, but not by a huge margin.

17. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

I just want an update from Drew. Next week is the last week of the month and I don't think he is even close to getting most of the orders produced and shipped.

1 person likes this.
  18. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

19. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

get ready for MEGAWEEK! JACKETGEDDON or bust! The world will be watching!

2 people like this.
  20. cellardoors

Pix?