1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. hipster

hipster Senior member

is anyone else still waiting for their daypack and wallet?

2. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

im still waiting on a small wallet. haven't heard much on those yet

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

You guys new?

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

There was a daypack on graiiiled the other day

5. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Debating switching my moto 2011 for a dr 2010. Is an MDR and DR 2010 (different colors) redundant?

6. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I don't think so.

1 person likes this.
  7. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

MDR is the weakest out of the 3 you named

8. Spaghettimatt

Yeah I'd prefer a moto and DR 2010 but I'm locked into the oxblood MDR basically... so either black moto or black dr2010.

This of course is assuming that my August moto order hasn't been completed, which... lol.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  9. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

i just have a SF join date 2 years earlier than you. but if answering someones question means i'm new, and it gives you a lame opportunity to post an old and beaten joke, then yes.

:foo:

8 people like this.
  10. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

MDR > *

(Excepting, I think, the A2 which is even more versatile and elegant.)

11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

The DR2010 was like the flagship TOJ item during the golden years. Drew's best design before the DR2013. But.... people thought it was "too busy" with the buckles. Didn't realize that when you put it on, the buckles sort of disappear.

Out came the MDR. "Minimalist" because of the buckle backlash. People that were drawn to the DR swag level but thought they could't pull it off ....looked at the MDR and said "yes!".

But..unbeknownst to them... swag level is the same. Takes the same amount of swag to wear either one. I know, crazy right?

But of course, there is the idea that all it takes is a white tee, denim and white shoes, but we all know that's not be true.

12. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

I mean, fair points I suppose. I'm most definitely not a leather jacket person because I just don't do "street" wear...yet the MDR/A2 can work well with other outfits beyond the white tee/denim/white shoes (a combo I hope to never encounter personally!).

So yeah, I was mostly attracted to the TOJ MDR because I don't think there exists one exactly like it anywhere else. A2 of course is a different story. Yet both were things I could envision wearing fairly often. Now, a jacket with buckles? Aw hell nein.

13. wangjt

wangjt Well-Known Member

Locked into the oxblood MDR? They won't let you change the jacket to dr2010? I remember back when you were offering to exchange your oxblood for a regular calf that you said you couldn't change the oxblood because it was special ordered. I didn't know that it also meant you couldn't change the jacket type.

14. Spaghettimatt

I can change the jacket type, but I think I'd be too self conscious to do a DR2010 in ox. Minor though the distinction between MDR and DR2010 might seem. Black I can swing.

15. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

Owning an MDR, I have to agree. Great jacket, but I think belted riders look the coolest

16. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

2013 DR > 2010 DR > MDR

(you cant go wrong with any of them though)

17. wangjt

wangjt Well-Known Member

I haven't seen one yet but how about moto 2011 in oxblood if you're worried about MDR and DR2010 being too similar?

18. Leather

Leather Senior member

I personally prefer the MDR because I can wear it to work. Anything with a belt becomes a little too rider-ish for my taste. My oxblood MDR is solid, digging the unique color...will take a while to break in the calf.

19. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

I like that you can take off and put the belt on the 2013 model. Makes it pretty versatile

20. wangjt

wangjt Well-Known Member

BTW, is Charly still on some kinda vacation/leave? I never finalized my measurements which I'm trying to do now but haven't gotten a response. It's been about a week since I contacted them.