1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Well-Known Member

we're all getting old. I'm over 61 weeks older since I ordered my jacket.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  2. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Well-Known Member

We will die in the end. Just like the cows that made your backpack.

3. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

Personally, the dick jokes are the only thing that keep me coming back here.

4. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

You probably didn't mention the secret codeword. Next time you write to him, end the mail with '#doyouevenliftbro' or even '#DYEL'.

He will find the joke hilarious and reply immediately.

5. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

So uh, jokes aside, how much of a matter of concern is it that TOJ is now randomly changing specs on products without advance notice?

6. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Well-Known Member

everybody loves a nice healthy dick joke every now and them.

7. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

It's kind of odd. My immediate reaction is to wonder whether they lost their normal leather supplier or something.

But then probably its just a design decision. Do you guys really think the pebbled calf looks worse than smooth?

8. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

I'm not a particular fan of that backpack design so I guess I don't really care either way re: pebbled/smooth calf, but I do find it problematic that specs change without any warning. Put simply, you pay for something and you got something else. Whether that "matters" to you is really irrelevant (you could be fine with it or not), but I think that's kind of a breach of faith on part of the producer.

I was told that my leather had been acquired ages ago (like early 2014), so I really hope that I'm not going to discover weird shit like this on my one and only TOJ order. The abnormal wait/lack of communication was bad enough.

9. peternorth

peternorth Well-Known Member

awesome have a CWU ordered August 13, nothing yet.

10. ffatt

ffatt Well-Known Member

Multiple delays and no responses...just pathetic. If that restaurant business fails (not wishing it should, but if it does) Drew will have 0 credibility as far as valuing customers goes when he comes back to this. So, glad I didn't bother ordering.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  11. StPauli

StPauli Well-Known Member

If that restaurant business fails, I think it's very likely there will be no more money for existing jackets in queue, let alone refunds.

12. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

Not entirely sure why he does not post updates anymore.

The last updates are stock products that should have shipped 6 months ago. [​IMG]

Either way, hoping for him to relaunch with new line up..stock products only: ala MA-1, Fishtail, Peacoat, etc. The whole MTM business wasn't sustainable as soon as there was a bump in orders or hitch in the supply chain.

It was pretty cool how he did his own designs though and managed to find artisans who would do small scale MTM batches. He basically ran an international trading company acting as a middleman between the manufacturers & the consumers with well done marketing.

13. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Have you read this thread?

14. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

When I die I want Drew's grandson to immortalize me in a leather jacket.

Hopefully I'll have received my own TOJ by then.

15. PipersSon

PipersSon Well-Known Member

He must be new....

2 people like this.
  16. barramundi

barramundi Well-Known Member

After closely studying what images of the excella zippers I could find, could anyone chime in how they feel about the excella silver zippers? I have $850 in, so the money is there already. Does anyone actually prefer the default silver TOJ zipper over the excella ones? Are the shape of the teeth different, etc.?

17. nbird

nbird Member

The regular YKKs are a bit larger at 10 gauge, which Drew once referred to as an important part of the TOJ look. YKK excellas are only manufactured up to 8 gauge. The old Riri's were closer to YKK 8 gauge. I would say that the regular YKK feel chunkier when zipping up and rougher to the touch. The regular YKK teeth might actually be aluminum also, whereas the excellas are nickel.

2 people like this.
  18. Leather

Leather Well-Known Member

Paid for two spots back in June and July of last year and was told one was a couple weeks until production and the other still had some time to go. 6 months later I just received tracking for both jackets. Should be receiving them this week, fit pics to come...

19. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

I thought that hearing about shipping confirmations go out would excite me, but it's just pissing me off hearing about people getting theirs with order dates after me...

20. wangjt

wangjt Well-Known Member

... paid for 2 spots... as in someone else's spots right? What were the original order dates?