Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Magic1

Magic1 Senior Member

So is calf being phased out on the classic bomber? And will the fur collars come back most likely? It sets the jacket apart from all other bombers. it's the best part of the jacket...

2. FrankieGT

FrankieGT Active Member

What do the gussets on the A-1 bomber look like? Are they like the gussets found on the current classic bomber or like those on the current DR?

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

the back of the A-1 looks just like all the other jackets. Been trying to streamline details so that they all look one of a group when hung up on a rack....

The point of the A-1 is to be a buttoned jacket. The A-2 style is zipped. High collar zip Julius Rick moto is not in the cards. Even though I am the Oriental Rick Owens.

The fur, I don't know they story behind it, but he just said no more, and I gotta respect that. They are custom made for each order as part of the jacket, because every collar is a different length. They do have pre-made ones out there but they won't fit different sized jackets well and they're not made to fasten the way I like them so they're not an option to consider.
    It may be time to re-do the basic Bomber finally, if you guys feel that strongly about the shearling (I did too, but it wasn't a make it or break it thing) - that guy is probably ready to make a new style anyway, been awhile.

4. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

the back of the A-1 looks just like all the other jackets. Been trying to streamline details so that they all look one of a group when hung up on a rack....

The point of the A-1 is to be a buttoned jacket. The A-2 style is zipped. High collar zip Julius Rick moto is not in the cards. Even though I am the Oriental Rick Owens.

The fur, I don't know they story behind it, but he just said no more, and I gotta respect that. They are custom made for each order as part of the jacket, because every collar is a different length. They do have pre-made ones out there but they won't fit different sized jackets well and they're not made to fasten the way I like them so they're not an option to consider.
    It may be time to re-do the basic Bomber finally, if you guys feel that strongly about the shearling (I did too, but it wasn't a make it or break it thing) - that guy is probably ready to make a new style anyway, been awhile.

You shall be known as Ricki Oh from now on. Or Richard Oh Wen. Your pick.

5. FrankieGT

FrankieGT Active Member

6. impolyt_one

ah good point - it'd be like the old original Bomber style. More like the gussets also found on the 2010 DR and Moto.

7. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior Member

8. slipgun

slipgun Well-Known Member

Is 1/2" quilting possible on the bcdr's lower sleeves? I'd prefer it matched the quilting in the upper portions myself.

9. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Distinguished Member

I dropped off a blazer at the tailor shop and saw a nice brown leather bomber hanging on a rack. I had to find out who was the maker so I touched the jacket. So nice leather. I looked for the label, it was indeed by toj!

10. impolyt_one

haha, nice dude. Whose is that?

11. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Distinguished Member

It has to be someone here or Sufu from NYC. I was in the lower east side.

12. tonio028

tonio028 Distinguished Member

Alright guys, help my indecision. New bomber color for my style (if you follow my boring WAYWTs), whiskey or standard brown? Most of my footwear is between cognac to dark brown. Help a man out!

I dropped off a blazer at the tailor shop and saw a nice brown leather bomber hanging on a rack. I had to find out who was the maker so I touched the jacket. So nice leather. I looked for the label, it was indeed by toj!

Awesomeness. You joining the ToJ leather gang, mellow?

Drew - that black leather sample I snagged, the leather seems a lot softer and has some sheen as opposed to a new brown lamb bomber I received. Are the lamb leather properties different between black and brown or was the black possibly washed or conditioned?

13. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Distinguished Member

14. Phrost

Phrost Senior Member

which tailor do you use in the les? are they fast/reliable/cheap? i'm looking for an alternative to LNC tailor in chinatown

15. afc345

afc345 Senior Member

What's the concensus on wearing the leathers in the rain?