1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. snwbdr94

snwbdr94 Active Member

I just looked back at my original order and it came in 2.5 months. Speaking of that, I am currently wearing my 4zip mdr as I type this. When I wear this jacket it is a great reminder as to why I haven't asked for a refund.

New jacket will be a brown A2.

Also added to spreadsheet, never got around to doing it prior.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  2. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I put it in line a long time ago (waited a while for it). I didn't change measurements when I should have (since I gained a lot of weight since I ordered). Too tight. Pretty simple as that. And now I'm sad.

4. czjl

czjl Senior member

If XXL is too tight for you now

5. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

TOJ pattern is a bit slimmer than the standard "American fit".

I'm only 235-ish, but I carry a lot in my back, chest, shoulders, arms.

6. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

I just realized that my removable liner from the ToJ parka..ends all the way to the arms. It was quite a surprise to me.

That's pretty impressive to me as I thought removable liners were mostly as restricted on the body only. Impressive craftsmanship and quality.

Hoping ToJ turns things around & keep the same product quality/design they've always offered, and maybe a new Chapter 2.0 version with stock products only (at most adjustable lengths), like the Fishtail, Peacoat, Chesterfield, Wool MA-1, etc. but with leather as well.

This will reduce the number of product variations needed to be produced & speed up production time while maintaining a maintainable stock, especially when the company is ready for expansion.

Imo, the problem with this model & operation was it worked well when the orders & sales were small but difficult to scale when demand increased, leading to long wait times and pissed off customers. The finished products will be worth the wait though!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  7. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

That would be true if the limitation of producing the jackets was at the factory level due to insufficient equipment, skilled workers, etc.

The problem it would appear, a lot of jackets are being made and they're sitting around waiting to be packaged, shipped out, with the corresponding PayPal address.

Part of it is not having a proper ordering process and system in place, the other not enough labour for getting products out.

It shouldn't be too difficult hiring someone at low wages temporarily to ramp out shipments to reduce the back log.

If margins are truly too slim, I can see why they don't want to inject overhead costs. I think Drew is just too busy to even fathom finding more help, interviewing people, teaching them the process etc.

8. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

It's probably a combination of not having enough artisans to produce the leather jackets and also no workers to ship them out.

The influx in orders at the end probably did not help.

The delayed refunds really make me scratch head though.

9. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

I can relate to that. We charge our vendors right away, but any time a repayment/refund request is made; we're not exactly in a rush to pay back money.

That's how it goes unfortunately.

10. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

A couple of thoughts:

- Shipping was not the bottleneck, as people with June/July 2013 orders could make changes to their order quite recently.
    - Drew didn't say anything about refunds in hopes that his optimistic last update made some people change their mind and cancel their refund request.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  11. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

hhmmm...well that does make sense. If people from July can still change their orders then what the hell are they going to ship out?how are they going to do most of orders this month all of a sudden? What was the holdup?

12. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

Still gettin the run around, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Nothing has changed, nothing has moved.
    A wallet here and there, that's it.

2 people like this.
  13. dgtl-rn

dgtl-rn Well-Known Member

Where are the refunds? A couple of small wallets got sent out, great. Where are the 7 week overdue refunds?

I'd really appreciate some honesty about the situation so i can stop whinging about a refund.

Oh btw the wool ma-1 i did receive is brilliant, dream jacket.

4 people like this.
  14. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

xpost

calf MDR

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. azif

azif Senior member

Yep. All these excuses are bs. We've inadvertently given him a 150k interest free loan for Libertine.

1 person likes this.
  16. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

Can't wait to see how the rest of this month plays out and the impending shitstorm if Drew fails to deliver again.

4 people like this.
  17. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

If this were Vegas, the odds on Drew not delivering would be like -50,000.

1 person likes this.
  18. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Exactly right. Drew says nothing and Charly hasn't replied to any of my emails for the last month asking about this.

It's now been six weeks since I asked for a refund and apart from two emails a month ago from Charly saying he's reminded Drew, there's no communication.

So it seems to me that Charly is as much in the dark as the rest of us BUT he's the only point of communication with the company.

I wonder if Drew and Charly would accept this poor level of treatment from any company that they themselves were dealing with?

2 people like this.
  19. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

:crackup:

1 person likes this.
  20. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.