1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. barramundi

barramundi Senior member

Not gonna lie, TOJ and Drew would be so fucking fucked if they didn't have Charly around.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

No, you guys would be completely fucked.

3. barramundi

barramundi Senior member

I'm pretty sure a flood of chargebacks and at least one guy who could get the momentum rolling for a class action law suit started would be at least mildly detrimental to TOJ/Drew.

The communication that we do get from Charly via forum posts here and there and his diligent e-mail responses is what is keeping most of us from going total bonkers and doing something irrational/ultimately disadvantageous to ourselves.

1 person likes this.
  4. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

You guys don't have the balls to file a lawsuit though

2 people like this.
  5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Sigh. I know the frustration many of you guys have on here as I am waiting on stuff myself but some of you throwing out ideas without knowing anything about it are ridiculous.

A class action lawsuit wouldn't do anything. If Drew was smart (and I'm sure he is) he would've made Toj an LLC. That means if there's no money in the Toj account and you sue him he can just file bankruptcy for Toj and we get nothing. Also do you know how much lawyer's charge?

1 person likes this.
  6. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

7. barramundi

barramundi Senior member

Anyone know if there is a way to search this thread for posts with the highest thumbs up?

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Have any of you guys ever considered how hard it is to pursue a lawsuit from the United States, against a Japanese entity, where the primary place of residence and business is in Korea?

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

And plus if you win, congratulations here is your $59.82 after lawyer fees

1 person likes this.
  10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well, also consider that the ToJ lawyer will be being paid out of the ToJ coffers. So, congratulations. Here is $5.

1 person likes this.
  11. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

nvm just saw Charly's post LOL

12. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Yea i didn't put that part in because the money account is in the US. Not sure how the business is set up but it would be super complicated and worthless to file a lawsuit.

13. barramundi

barramundi Senior member

It is pretty unfeasible, not even from a cost standpoint, but mainly from a time, effort, and coordination standpoint. We'd have hundreds of plaintiffs from all over the country (and the world), we would need to serve Drew with process, then ask ourselves if we'd want to remove to federal court -- the whole thing will take at least a few years... just not worth it. Nobody wins.

... but on the other hand, if we had a SF member who happens to be a clever lawyer, really good at civil litigation, and willing to work pro bono/at a huge discount... ya never know, right? If we could settle with Drew and really pressure him to sit down and focus on his past obligations to past TOJ customers, it'd be quite a feat. ;D

This is just whimsical daydreaming, I don't think anyone was ever being serious about filing a lawsuit. It's just sort of an expletive that people blurt out when they're upset and feel jipped.

I personally think Drew will deliver, it's just a matter of when. If he were more open and honest with the actual situation, it would make a world of a difference.

1 person likes this.
  14. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

And let me guess - you're still waiting for Mr. Phillip Mogan a special adviser to the Governor in one of the big Oil producing State here in Nigeria to wire you that $50,000,000 he promised.

1 person likes this.
  15. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Senior member

Even though my first order is from the end of October. I hope my jacket is in tomorrows supposed shipment

1 person likes this.
  16. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Charly is such a fucking bro. Love that dude. Want to buy him a drink one day.

1 person likes this.
  17. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Have any full leather September orders been fulfilled?

According to the spreadsheet no full leathers from August have been shipped yet.

18. Justo

Justo Well-Known Member

Got my wallet recently

1 person likes this.
  19. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Large or small?

20. Justo

Justo Well-Known Member